Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectlow level ranked matches are crazier than i remember
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303209&mesg_id=304701
304701, low level ranked matches are crazier than i remember
Posted by bearfield, Sat Aug-17-19 02:45 PM
full screen HK tatsus, wakeup command throws, endless guile sweeps even though i keep punishing them... maybe the matches are as wild as they were when i was learning kolin but my mind has adjusted to higher level play so this low level stuff is really throwing me for a loop. there is a real dearth of in-match adjustments down here. i might be overconsidering my game plan

sakura is fun. having a legit invincible reversal is very convenient and comforting. kolin has her ex backstep but it's only invincible for a handful of frames and it's easy to read and punish. i keep trying to punish everything with kolin buttons instead of sakura buttons so i'm giving away a few matches here and there. my punishes are pretty trash overall but i'll get better. fireballs are fun to use but sakura's have too much windup and recovery for them to be effective. i keep switching between vt1 and vt2 depending on the matchup but i think i need to stick with one to learn all the combos