Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectthanks for the constructive criticism
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303209&mesg_id=303431
303431, thanks for the constructive criticism
Posted by bearfield, Wed Mar-21-18 02:24 AM
i do get a little jumpy. i think it's because i practiced crossup lk → target combo → parabellum → ca so many times in training mode waiting for fights. and i love her j.hk. i'm going to try some matches without jumping, or at least only jumping when i know i'm not going to get anti air-ed

my corner control needs work too. often i just go for the above combo because it usually hits but i imagine i'd be way better off backing up a little bit to catch jump ins and controlling space with 2mp and 4hk. it's poor use of an advantageous position to just jump in and assume they won't block the crossup and i won't mess up the fairly strict timing of j.lk → 2lp to start my ca combo

i'm mostly in replays on gg and sfv to see what i did right so i can build on it but that's probably a good way to reinforce bad habits. i'm going to watch more replays of me losing and see if i can pick up on more bad habits of mine. bad habits i already know of are trying to jab anti air when they're too close (i should be using 2hp) and getting into predictable patterns when i'm pressuring. 2mp → 2mp is something i do way too much of because it tends to work but mostly because i can't quite get the spacing correct to follow up 2mp with 5lk → light parabellum, despite my ability to confirm that sequence consistently in training mode

i'll try to find some interesting or noteworthy replays for you