Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectIf you don't like that game that's fair, but let me say this.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303209&mesg_id=303427
303427, If you don't like that game that's fair, but let me say this.
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Mar-20-18 02:25 PM
I went into SF4 thinking "oh i been playing SF since i was a kid so I should whip up on everybody." When I started losing I started to blame the game because "them niggas ain't playing REAL street fighter." I had to humble myself and relearn the game cause I been playing it wrong for years before I learned to play it right. It stuff that I don't like about the game (and still don't)

The game can't reward risky play but also at the same time have unfavorable guessing situations where one wrong move will have you face serious consequences. That contradicts itself.

You're gonna play nutty players in Gold. Shit even in Platinum. There are gonna be nutty players in Battle Lounge too. Battle Lounge ain't no Shangri-La. Shit half the time you get niggas that are way better than you joining just to troll or get some easy wins.

If you get hit with a jump in after AA'ing 4 times in a row, then you got outplayed plain and simple. It sucks and it can get frustrating, but you gotta be able to take the L and learn from it so it doesn't happen again. Don't put stock in the leagues, put stock in getting better as a player. Don't play to win, play to learn. The wins will come. You can't blame the game for having bad players. You can't expect everyone to play your game either.

Everybody loses to gimmicks until they learn how to deal with them. It happens. You have to lose to them in order to counter them later on. At the end of the day, let them keep those little bullshit wins, because it's not gonna teach them how to be a better player.

Since you're still in Silver, you won't see a lot of variety between characters. If you wanna grind match ups, you'll have to hit up the character discords.