Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectCan I say Destiny 2 even tho I put 152 hours into it?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303138&mesg_id=303147
303147, Can I say Destiny 2 even tho I put 152 hours into it?
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Dec-24-17 04:00 AM
I normally roll my eyes at folks who complain about changes that occur between sequels, but Bungie initially pitched this thing as a 10-year epic of a game that would see your character progress and grow in that time so my complaints might be a bit more valid. I think for as much as people said "this looks too much like Destiny 1", it was actually a big enough departure that it kind of ruined the game in some aspects.

The lack of random weapon/armor per rolls, weakened exotics, and limited PvP options all make it a less enjoyable game than the first one was when that ended. Yeah, I get that it took a while for the first game to reach that point, but I don't think that's an excuse; Bungie should have built on what they already had rather than hitting the reset button. On the bright side, the complaints are mostly for people who wanted to keep playing the game; if all you want is a 15~hour campaign, D2 has really good shooting mechanics in an easy to follow story (which I imagine is why it has a higher metacritic than the first game). All that said, I still play it fairly regularly because at the end of the day the shooting just feels good.

If we're talking about games that I unexpectedly bounced off, Persona 5 was that for me. Maybe I'll eventually go back but it didn't draw me in like P3 did.