Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectStreet Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. PS4/XB1/NS/PC. May 2018.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303078
303078, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. PS4/XB1/NS/PC. May 2018.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-10-17 05:59 PM
https://youtu.be/vpUXoCqD6GM

$39.99

12 games.

Street Fighter (1987)
SFII WW
SFII CE
SFII HF
Super SFII
Super Turbo
Alpha 1
Alpha 2
Alpha 3
SFIII New Generation
Second Impact
3rd Strike

Straight arcade ports (no console only games like Alpha 2 Gold or Ultra SFII). Online play. Ranked and casual. Developed by Digital Eclipse, the same team that did the first Mega Man Legacy Collection and the Disney Afternoon Collection. They’ve made their name by being dedicated to classic game preservation:

http://www.digitaleclipse.com

All we need now is GGPO confirmation.

Prayers have been answered.
303081, online!
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-10-17 08:10 PM
will be cool to get destroyed in the classics
303083, fa sho. i just hope they don’t fuck it up with delay-based netcode
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-10-17 08:37 PM
give us GGPO or at the very least Capcom’s own Kagemusha rollback netcode from SFV and MVCI.
303095, Well, I got another game to at least use GOAT online in
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Dec-10-17 10:10 PM
and also thankfully the return of GOAT Jr. at his most GOAT on a console other than my Dreamcast
303096, Finally the Alpha series comes to a current gen machine!
Posted by spenzalii, Sun Dec-10-17 11:05 PM
I was holding on to BC PS3 mainly for the SFA Anthology. This will ease the pain a bit, especially with online play for SFA3
303098, Online SFA3....shut up and take my money!
Posted by KnowOne, Mon Dec-11-17 12:14 PM
nm
303097, Capcom confirms rollback netcode. Only HF, ST, A3, and 3S online tho
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-10-17 11:20 PM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/12/10/celebrate-30-years-of-street-fighter-with-the-street-fighter-30th-anniversary-collection

“Online Play - Have the desire to duke it out against fighters around the world? Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike are all playable online! In addition to Ranked and Casual Matches, up to four players can join a lobby where they can play against the CPU while waiting for their next match – a throwback to those days of waiting for a second player to challenge you in the arcades. Each of these titles will have their own global leaderboard to ensure bragging rights can be proved. Online play also features “rewind” technology that provides low-latency matches with the ability to adjust your own input latency via the in-game menu.“

“Rewind technology” is a weird way to say “rollback,” so it might be some fuckery, but it sounds legit. Probably not GGPO, though. They would just come out and say it if it was.

Kinda sucks that only a third of the games are online. They got the major ones, though. Alpha 2 and Second Impact online too would have been perfect.
303099, The Switch is mainly Wi-Fi
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Dec-11-17 01:47 PM
if I'm not mistaken, so I'm curious how Switch to non-Switch matches will run since I'd have to guess there's a lot more room for lag dealing with a Wi-Fi dependent connection. I suppose this isn't that big a deal since I'd imagine the folks that will put serious time and attention into playing these games competitively online are a very niche market.
303100, I don’t think there’s any crossplay at all, fam.
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Dec-11-17 02:44 PM
303101, I'm all in
Posted by 13Rose, Mon Dec-11-17 02:47 PM
Can't wait to have this on my switch.
303103, y'all come get this necro work in 3rd strike
Posted by bearfield, Mon Dec-11-17 04:06 PM
i'm going to be studying sugiyama matches for the next 5 months

hopefully my progression in guilty gear will have made me a better street fighter player. i have developed a better understanding of general fighting game concepts (oki, abare, frame advantage, etc.) due to playing GG a few hours/week for most of this year. i definitely feel like i'm better at fighting games due to my GG experience

that said, when i try to play sfv it feels very slow, unresponsive, and limited. i can't instant air dash, there are no weird character-specific mechanics (v-trigger?), and SF generally feels more neutral based than GG. my character in GG has no neutral and is entirely based on 3/4 screen corner carry into corner oki setplay. i may not be able to adjust. we'll see how it goes
303116, SFV is about as GG as SF gets
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Dec-13-17 12:41 AM
Woshige snuck as much Guilty into SFV as he could. It also has the weakest neutral and some of the strongest offense out of the whole franchise.

I think any Street Fighter is going to feel more grounded and limited coming off of Xrd. The neutral game is the draw, so you’re gonna have to adjust to that no matter what.
303104, Still holding out hope for an HD:Alpha game at some point
Posted by spenzalii, Mon Dec-11-17 05:41 PM
HD:R was damn near perfect. a HD Alpha 2 Gold? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Still, just having Alpha 3 online alone makes this worth purchasing.
303117, HDR was hella divisive. I doubt they’ll do that again.
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Dec-13-17 12:47 AM
Street Fighter consistently had the best spritework throughout the ‘90s, so it’s not like you can really “upgrade” them graphics. All you can do is change them. Changing to something that ain’t demonstrably better is not worth it.
303118, Might double dip, Switch and PS4
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Dec-13-17 07:16 AM
This makes the jawn they put on Switch earlier in the year look like even more of a rip-off tho
303156, May 2018 can't come any sooner! the whoop in's will commence
Posted by NoFuture4Us, Thu Dec-28-17 12:24 AM
;)
303165, I fee another arcade stick build is in order
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Dec-29-17 01:04 PM
Get my old school iL/Happ buttons ready for the occasion.
303561, It's out. Matchmaking seems rough day 1
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue May-29-18 03:13 PM
but I got buttery smooth matches all last night in 3S and Hyper Fighting. I've heard people complaining about inconsistent connections though, so your results may vary.

In a lot of ways, this package is bare-bones. The UI and menu music is boring, and the online and training options are just passable, nothing more. There are also some bugs with games having mono audio right now.

But as far as my eyes and hands can tell, they've delivered on providing 12 arcade perfect Street Fighter games. It's legit the best $40 I've spent on a video game ever, no exaggeration.
303563, got a new stick. ready to sing on folks with necro
Posted by bearfield, Thu May-31-18 11:47 PM
shout out fry's electronics via google express app. 30% off code and free next-day shipping via ups

i literally had to stop playing SFV because of my ancient hori ex2. MP didn't work ~5% of the time and 3 was rarely interpreted as 3, rather 332 or 322 or 32 or 323, etc. lots of missed counters, lots of missed icicles, lots of missed parabellums. the old stick was "fine" when i started playing V but it really degenerated quickly. interested to try guilty gear with the new stick as i learned GG on pad. i'm very curious about the entire street fighter collection and seeing if it lines up with my arcade memories

a marvel collection like this is out of the question, right? too much license nonsense?
303564, After MvCI, don't expect to see MvC anything for at least a decade.
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Jun-01-18 01:11 PM
303783, bruh, that's the old XBox joint?
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Aug-10-18 09:53 AM
>i literally had to stop playing SFV because of my ancient hori
>ex2. MP didn't work ~5% of the time and 3 was rarely
>interpreted as 3, rather 332 or 322 or 32 or 323, etc. lots
>of missed counters, lots of missed icicles, lots of missed
>parabellums. the old stick was "fine" when i started playing
>V but it really degenerated quickly. interested to try guilty
>gear with the new stick as i learned GG on pad. i'm very
>curious about the entire street fighter collection and seeing
>if it lines up with my arcade memories

I don't have that one, the one I have on XBOX360 is the HRAP-SE, the one that really broke me in to using sticks
303790, it's this piece of trash:
Posted by bearfield, Fri Aug-10-18 04:02 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Fighting-Stick-EX-2/dp/B000V02P6Q

now i'm using this one and it's amazing but a little over sensitive:

https://www.amazon.com/Arcade-Hayabusa-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed-4/dp/B073C5PWS2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1533934930&sr=1-1&keywords=hrap+hayabusa
303954, Yep, the same one I was thinking
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Sep-28-18 03:05 PM
I have what is basically the "Wii" version of that.
303565, had my "this week fucked around and got a triple double" moment
Posted by NoFuture4Us, Fri Jun-01-18 06:05 PM
on PS4 leaderboards
somewhere in top 10 for Hyper Fighting
Super Turbo & 3rd Strike I'm floating both in top 30
come see me
I'm ready

handle is FUSON909
303566, Goddamn!
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Jun-01-18 07:28 PM
303567, bruh
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Jun-03-18 06:30 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
303571, I really wanna learn ST
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Jun-05-18 08:42 AM
I used to beat up everybody in my neighborhood back in the day but I never had a real understanding of it
303572, Just play it, fam. I’m having a blast being trash at it
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Jun-05-18 10:42 AM
I’m already starting to have a scumbag O. Sagat and this is my first time playing ST against people (since being a child in the arcade at least).
303657, I’m having a blast being trash at it
Posted by Invisiblist, Fri Jun-22-18 12:09 AM
This quote is my entire existence.
303621, Will be copping this week
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Jun-12-18 09:28 PM
Seriously considering gutting my old PS3 Happ stick and tossing the PS4 board in there for some old school USA cabinet feel. Not being cheap (or not having family responsibilities) I'd have just built another one by now. But life is....
303635, I'm passing for now. The PC version is reportedly not good shape.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Jun-14-18 01:36 PM
I'm also still progressing in SFV and don't feel the need to switch it up. Zeku has so many tricks. I still have much to learn.
Posted by NoFuture4Us, Thu Jun-21-18 05:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdyabrdFMC8
303665, HF tournamenr stream
Posted by NoFuture4Us, Sun Jun-24-18 04:59 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/superarcade
303735, $29 this weekend.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Aug-04-18 07:27 PM
I'm tempted to get it for Switch. I just wish there were some nice, small wireless fight pads.
303987, The netcode is soooooo trash
Posted by 13Rose, Wed Oct-17-18 02:01 PM
I tried to play someone in Turbo over the weekend and it was just as bad as I remembered. Unplayable honestly. I hope someday I get to play in local coop mode to see if that's better.
303988, Switch is gonna be a struggle because of the wifi connections
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Oct-17-18 02:10 PM
You gotta be strict with the connection strength in the online options, but then you won't get as many matches.