Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: Do all micro-usb chords just eventually stop working?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301978&mesg_id=301983
301983, RE: Do all micro-usb chords just eventually stop working?
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Thu Mar-16-17 12:01 AM
>Or is the port on my Galaxy S6 just getting more finicky with
>time?
>

It's likely that the port on your phone is beginning to deteriorate. Unless you're bending your cord or at least the metal portion of the cord at the end, there's no reason I can think of that would cause a cord to break down that quickly.

>I am needing a new USB chord like monthly. Don't understand
>it.
>
>Will USB C solve all of this?

No, the Galaxy G6, I believe, has a micro-USB port and would only accept a micro-USB cord. The USB-C cords that are being used are only for a phone, or device, that has a USB-C port.

The USB-C cords have better charging speeds and can upload and download data more quickly than the micro-USB cords, but the phone being used has to support the same technology that the USB-C cords use and I don't think that the Galaxy S6 allows for USB-C technology.

>Am I just too rough on my phones?

You might be.

You might be able to take your phone to a repair shop and have them repair the port. I don't know if the port is part of the motherboard of the phone. (in other words, if the micro-USB port is directly connected to your motherboard, getting the port replaced would likely be too expensive to repair) But if the port isn't connected to the motherboard, it might be a good idea to have the port replaced.

Otherwise you'd want to look into using your insurance to swap out phones.

One last thing. Do you mean 'cord' when you type 'chord'?