Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: it's not a good look at the game.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301823&mesg_id=301898
301898, RE: it's not a good look at the game.
Posted by Paps_Smear, Thu Mar-02-17 12:33 PM

>One of my favorite things to do lately has been finding huge
>herds with a few Grazers, hitting their Blaze canisters with a
>fire arrow and watching the chaos ensue as a chain of
>explosions rips through the herd and leaves me to pick off the
>crippled stragglers.

This is very satisfying. You blast one, it catches on fire and starts a chain and they go ape shit crazy and trample everything in their path. Use the environment to cut others off from moving out of the way and watch them get ran over. I found myself doing this a lot just to see how much chaos I could cause.

>the arrows seem to travel slowly and curve
>>to their target, skeleton archers in dark souls-style. that
>>may be an end of game thing. there's no weight or heft
>behind
>>anything.
>
>I feel the exact opposite, so maybe that's just looking at the
>game versus watching it more than anything. Aloy feels a
>little weird during the tutorial sequence but main game feels
>fine, and the early bows have pretty long draw times that put
>major import behind each arrow you fire. There's nothing more
>disappointing and tension building than a robot moving its
>head just as you release your arrow, missing the critical hit
>and alerting the entire herd to your presence.

The arrows don't seem to curve at all. Honestly was expecting more of aim assist than the game gives you. I was at a camp and cleaned up pretty well then got over confident and went for a head shot, dude turned last second and arrow barely missed him. Had to switch up my entire method of taking everyone out because I screwed up on a shot I thought would be super easy. Feels like taking out large groups here is slightly more difficult than something like FarCry.

He's watching videos of the game and feeling a certain way about it but like most things unless you try it you really don't know. This game feels really good man. I'm almost burnt on open world games because a lot of the times they feel so empty. They made a really great one here.