Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjecti literally just died to a yokai hitting me with one stunlock chain
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301743&mesg_id=301797
301797, i literally just died to a yokai hitting me with one stunlock chain
Posted by bearfield, Sun Feb-12-17 07:54 PM
in the caves, after carefully and methodically getting the yokai down to a sliver of life. i can't even take one fucking hit before it's game over? that shit is so frustrating. i think i'm not reacting correctly when i get hit the first time. maybe i should block or dodge in a different direction. i tend to hold back or neutral when i press X. there may be no i-frames in the dodge

i get the "highs and lows" and high stakes angle of this type of game design but i need a margin of error of more than one wrong move, nioh. jesus. when i die, make me want to go back and correct my mistake, not snap the disc in half

>Are you using medium or light armor? I noticed with light
>every time I went for a block it took away a lot of my Ki.
>Medium feels perfect for me as long as my equipped weight was
>in green. Once I got into 70% or more I felt sluggish. That's
>the one thing stopping me from trying heavy.

i'm at ~35% equip load so i guess light armor. i chose the wind spirit thing because it said i would be faster. not sure how much difference it's making. also i never block

>Some of these enemies really force you to switch up
>what you're used to. Sometimes I have to remind myself this is
>a really different game.

i agree. i'm slowly moving from playing a soulsborne style to a nioh style. either get in and get out or use a ki charge stance change to keep the combo going. stringing together long stance change combos feels really good