Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectIm torn. PS1 was HUGE but I felt PS2's impact was bigger
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301507&mesg_id=301652
301652, Im torn. PS1 was HUGE but I felt PS2's impact was bigger
Posted by BigReg, Wed Jan-18-17 05:38 PM
PS1

- made games more adult
- classic joystick design second to nintendo
- killed arcades
- DAT NEVER ENDING POLYGON ERA TILL WE GET HOLOGRAMS MOTHERFUCKERS

PS2 though?
- It finally fulfilled the NES's promise of being an 'entertainment system'. Which is ironic since it was the system that dealt Nintendo the mortal blow it still hasn't recovered from*

Like remember when you saw what that shit looked like when they first announced it? That shit looked like the fucking matrix. While systems like the Jaguar had some curves, the PS2 was the definition of sexy...remember how that bitch looked like next to your 90 pound 24 inch $600 dollar Sony Trinitron WEGA TV? Can't tell me nothing (c) Kanye

Being able to play DVD's on top of the even more realistic adult content made it the first system where you were a bad parent if you brought it for your kids. It's where Grand Theft Auto 3 changed the face of gaming; where you had dedicated servers to shoot strangers in the head in Socom.

Could be my age, but it felt like when I saw PS1's around the people were still by definition 'gamers'. EVERYONE had a PS2.

*If Dreamcast is the first entry into the Underrated System hall of Fame Gamecube gets in the year after.

Unlike every year since Nintendo did almost EVERYTHING right here; graphics that were top in class, adult games like Eternal Darkness, fantastic controllers and system from an industrial design standpoint(built in 4 player my nigga!), classics that still get played like Smash..but alas...once you've had a couple of 6 star crime sprees and fucked a few hookers kinda hard to go back.