Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectPlat is by far the easiest rank. Silver might be the hardest.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301274&mesg_id=302907
302907, Plat is by far the easiest rank. Silver might be the hardest.
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Oct-24-17 03:07 PM
Since I've made Plat on Thursday, I've lost like 75% of my matches. Been getting my ass kicked, because I'm mostly matched up with higher ranked players: Ultra Plats, Diamonds, and even a couple Masters (Dr. Danny Pham's Gief p'd on me).

But why is Plat so easy? Low risk, high reward. The lowest rank I get matched up with is Ultra Gold. If I happen to lose? It's like 75 points lost at most. But say I beat a Super Diamond, which I have quite a few times now, I net 150 points. They beat me, I lose 5 or 10.

So even though I've lost most of my matches, I'm up 2,000 LP since Thursday, sitting just under 9,000 LP. Striking distance to Super Plat. Above Plat seems like a bloodbath, since you lose so much to Plats like me, but Plat itself is kid gloves. The game really opens up once you get to Plat, because you get the opportunity to finally play the top ranks. It's a joy.

I think Silver is the hardest rank because most players at Silver are pretty competent with the command of their characters. They got good or even great execution, but they are strategically unpredictable. It's a dangerous combination. Once you get to Gold players are at least trying to have a conversation. Silver is a gauntlet, though.