Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectMy take
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301274&mesg_id=302668
302668, My take
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Aug-15-17 01:59 PM
I don't really play the game much anymore, but these are my impressions from watching a lot of it.

SS - Rashid, Ibuki, Balrog

Rashid has fantastic mobility, Balrog has insane damage output, and Ibuki is a tricky motherfucker. I don't think Karin is as good as those three and would drop her down to S.

S - Cammy, Akuma, Bison, Necalli, Karin, Urien, Laura

Agreed on all your points and would almost put Bison up a tier. Laura and Urien were too low and should go up here, too, I think. Urien's v trigger is really good.

A - Zangief, Guile, Kolin, Birdie, R. Mika, Abigail (tentative)

Gief is a beast and might even be too low, but he definitely has some very shitty match ups that need to be played well. Kolin can do some serious work (check Poongko's performance at Japan Cup) and I think she's just going to get better. Also I just dig her as a character. If I made beats I'd sample that "now freeze!" line. Birdie controls space well and can beat out some higher tier characters with that fucking can and banana bullshit. Mika hits pretty hard, but got nerfed a bit this season. Jury's still out on Abigail but he seems promising.

B - Ken, Chun-Li, Sim, Vega, Ryu

I agree with these to an extent but would almost want to make another tier between A and B to put Sim and Vega because they're MUCH better than the rest of this group IMO. Also, I'd say Alex is bad enough that he's in the bottom tier.

C - F.A.N.G, Juri, Ed, Nash, Alex

That's about right. You can do work with all these characters if you're god-like but it's a much harder road. Like the above group, I think F.A.N.G. might be the best of this bunch.