Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectthe intent of the changes is baffling.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301274&mesg_id=301687
301687, the intent of the changes is baffling.
Posted by will_5198, Thu Jan-26-17 02:00 PM
>Regarding the SRK nerf, the game was already very homogeneous
>and bland gameplay-wise, and now it's even moreso.

exactly. how is removing YOLO DP catering to inexperienced players? now they just have to eat meaties, throw loops and ambiguous set-ups after every knockdown.

if you want to take away Ken's DP, ok. but then B.MP is nerfed? his jab is still 4F? he can't wake up with anything now. oh, but I should just learn to block, right? well Capcom made white life regenerate 2x slower, so playing defense is a fucking stupid idea as well.

Ken was already deadly in the corner and stubbish in neutral, so they made his neutral worse (slower RH, B.MP and C.MP that get CC'd all day, EX tatsu nerfed, air M. tatsu rightly nerfed) and improved his corner pressure with his overhead. that's ass-backwards.

in S1, most the cast had some bullshit so it felt even. instead of giving everyone BS or removing all of it, they gave a few characters even *more* BS, then nerfed everyone else.

>Guile didn't need the buffs at all, at least not all of them.
>They should have given him either the st.mp buff or the UDK
>buff, not both. The 2-bar V trigger is a wash, to me. And I
>say this as a Guile main.

Guile is stupid now. him, Urien and Balrog (both of whom still have unreactable, full-screen, safe, EX specials) have been buffed for that precious DLC money. of course nobody new to SFV is going to want to pay another $60 once they pick it up and deal with the worsening rollback, lack of anything to do but grind online, and head-scratching gameplay changes.

last two weeks I haven't had fun at all. which sucks.