Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectFinally got a couple real missions under my belt
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=300759&mesg_id=300800
300800, Finally got a couple real missions under my belt
Posted by wallysmith, Fri Sep-30-16 11:21 AM
Really fun stuff, oh how I've missed XCOM. Trying the game on Classic for now, but gonna try to avoid save scumming. If I load a save, gonna do it only for the start of a mission (let's see how long that lasts).

Really dig the concealment factor. It singlehandedly eliminated the slow, tentative early turns when you're trying not to alert any pods (but trying to cover ground for timed events). Are there any other benefits to concealment other than not being seen (ie, aim, crit %, etc.)? My Ranger just got Phantom but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I like the hacking element so far, adds another neat layer of decision making.

I've missed the combat. Agonizing over every little decision is right up my alley. Already had to load once (on the first mission!) when someone got mind-panicked, ran up onto the burning truck then got blown up. Then the next mission I almost reloaded when I totally forgot that jumping through windows breaks concealment (duh). Ended up beating that one flawlessly... go figure, hah.

There's a lot to absorb on the strategic layer so far. Still meticulously checking every single option every time to make sure I don't miss anything, but still getting used to the bridge and the regional (no longer global) scans.

Fucking love it so far, wish I wasn't going out of town this weekend though.... can't touch this again till Monday. Ugh.