Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectOkay I think I'm ready to do this.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=299257&mesg_id=300518
300518, Okay I think I'm ready to do this.
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Aug-30-16 10:53 AM
The biggest thing holding me back was live sports and the fact that I need the Big 10 Network for college football and basketball. Sling has never had the Big Ten Network available. But I just found out that Playstation Vue added the BTN along with everything else they had, so I may be ready to go.

So if I go with HD antennae for local channels, the Vue for a "cable" package, along with my Netflix, YouTube Red, Amazon Prime, and Vudu accounts our family should be covered. I already have a PS4 in my home theater room and an Apple TV in my living room. Apple TV doesn't have Vue available yet but it's gotta be coming, and I could just get a couple Roku Sticks, once for the master bedroom and one for the living room until Apple TV support comes out, then I'll swap that to the kids' playroom.

I'm currently paying $139 per month for cable including the hardware for 4 TVs. The package I want from the Vue is $34.99. I'm not including any of the streaming services I have in the comparison because I've been paying for those in addition to cable for years.

Am I missing anything at all?