Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: The official 'Cutting the Cord' post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=299257&mesg_id=299334
299334, RE: The official 'Cutting the Cord' post
Posted by teppishx3, Fri Mar-25-16 01:30 PM
I just did it this past week.. Had Time Warner and my bill was coming up to $180... got fed up. Here is what I researched/got...

You can get an HD antenna that has all the local channels. I got one for $40 that has a 30 mile reach which gets me all the locals.

I was then considering a Tablo to record the shows I watch on these channels but glad I didn't because....

someone put me on Playstation Vue. Now I was going to get Sling TV because of ESPN and other channels but the Vue has ESPN and a bunch of other channels and has a DVR function built in. It's about $10 more expensive than the SlingTV but the DVR and additional channels are worth it. Plus, I'm able to stream to multiple devices. I don't have a Playstation but you don't need one - I have a Firestick and a Chromecast which work just fine.

I'll probably end up saving around $80/month (internet + Vue). I already have Netflix and am getting passwords for HBO/Showtime from somewhere else so I'm set. Vue does have the option to get Showtime for extra as well...

Hope this helps...