Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectdamn it costs a lot in the states
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=299257&mesg_id=299262
299262, damn it costs a lot in the states
Posted by L_O_Quent, Fri Mar-18-16 03:11 AM
It's been so long since I was paying a cable bill I don't remember what I was accustomed to paying back home but that was depressing to read.

I don't pay for cable here in Sweden but have Netflix, HBONordic (Now) and a streaming service for here which cost me around 8 dollars each in USD (24). My internet is 100/10 for about 25 dollars a month and phone bill runs 60 dollars with 100 gigs a month, unlimited calling/texts plus the price of my 6 Plus. That wasn't a humble brag it just looks like you all are getting jacked for what you're paying for but do you think the 30 dollars savings is worth it because it seems like more work than you'd need. Could you plop a sling box at a family member's house on a tv they don't use and help them out with their cable bill? If you all are going to go through all of that seems like you'd want to at least drop your costs down to around the 100 dollar range. I've been trying to help family back home with cutting the cord but damn the total costs still hurt.