Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectfirst impressions (didn't play the betas)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=298857&mesg_id=299006
299006, first impressions (didn't play the betas)
Posted by will_5198, Thu Feb-25-16 04:16 AM
- this game is going to be frame trap city. counters being so devastating, learning +/- on *every single move* will be crucial. hitboxes/hurtboxes are super tight. you really have to be in each other's faces sometimes. same for throws, which have noticeably shorter distances but are in a sense more powerful without crouch techs.

- I'll be that scrubby flowchart Ken as always. his normals are pretty stubby compared to SF4, and I'll have to unlearn some old habits (cr. mp instead of cr. mk, step kick more or less out of the repertoire, target combo being used again). definitely want to play Sim after I get my instant air teleports down better. Necalli looks dope too.

- netplay is much improved. played for the first time tonight, cross platform with a bunch of PS4s and only had teleporting issues in a few matches. but...

- RAGE QUITTING IS AN ISSUE. gotdamn, I was using day one Ken with no v-skill/v-reversal knowledge and mfers were yanking their ethernet cords probably one out of every four wins. it's a joke, and Capcom needs to tighten up their servers so they can bring the hammer down on "lost connections". the current situation is poison for long-term netplay.

- fuck survival mode. getting fight money for high scores in arcade would've been better.

- it's fun. a lot more fun than I thought it'd be so far.