Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: Levels are off // I've been getting wrecked by Birdies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=298857&mesg_id=298903
298903, RE: Levels are off // I've been getting wrecked by Birdies
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Feb-18-16 04:22 PM
>There were level 160s on day 1.
>
>I need to figure out what Birdie's moves are, because I can
>hardly seem to do anything against him. I have been using
>Nash. SB = get jumped in on (I have a hard time anti-airing
>Birdie). Poke = get command grabbed or bullrush/charge
>headbutt thing. Jump in = easy anti air. I'm not
>complaining, just saying I have a ways to go to figure that
>one out.
>______________________________
>http://i.imgur.com/Gj5Wy56.jpg

To me, Birdie is a nice little mix of Gouken, Boxer, and Hugo. He's ill to start since most folks don't know how to play active and fast with their characters yet. Activity and confidence is still where it's at vs all bigs IMO.

And maybe it is a bad matchup for Charlie. Fierce SB is crazy slow. You basically need to be not throwing those unless you have a reason. I know..that's not normally what you'd wanna do against a big, but Birdie is an abnormal big..that's why I dig him. And Charlie ain't Guile so you can't play him like that. At all.

You basically need Birdies to kill themselves since some of his stuff leaves him OPEN. That or ambush the hell out of him and keep the heat on. EX, V-stuff, mix-ups, cross-ups.

A Gouken-style Birdie like me? Don't telegraph anything or you're gonna die ugly. Very ugly.

Most importantly, don't get caught standing still or turtling with nothing in mind. Aka keep a jab with you. Or your longest range normal that comes out decently fast.

Jumping chain only beats standing still, waking up naked (I get one off of naked wakeups every 3 or 4 rounds at least), or telegraphing a projectile. That's even if you're throwing something from what is usually a safe range in SF. The computer just jumps when I do a naked jumpin chain. That works too. And it is reasonably punishable on a whiff. It ain't a missed or blocked Ryu sweep but you can get something in.

His command grab will prolly get nerfed even though it appears to have SOME startup. I don't have the frame data but I'm guessing.

I have seen like NO Karin's online. I wanna see an R. Mika too. She seems to me pretty killer in the right hands.