Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI'd almost suggest a lot of people wait b/w Was the OG SFIV as bad?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=298857&mesg_id=298874
298874, I'd almost suggest a lot of people wait b/w Was the OG SFIV as bad?
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Feb-17-16 02:25 PM
As damn near every review says, it's the core, skeleton, foundation, bare bones setup that Capcom sent out that will grow into something huge. Being this is the SF series, I have little doubt it won't get to where they want it to be (as opposed to, say, Harmonix/MadCatz and their Rock Band platform). That said, unless you're on the competition or eGaming circuit there's so much a casual or semi-competitive player is missing in this game that it's not fun or worth it. There are times I'd rather fight the computer and work on some techniques in an in-game scenario, and not worry about a bad match or crappy connection. Not having that option at all is mind blowing. Most games are knocked for not having a robust online component. SF V went the total opposite direction, and then the online was broken off the jump.

b/w

I'm trying to think back to when SIV launched. I know there were modes that were missing, and the balance and the roster were nowhere near what it is now (and that's before factoring in the obligatory Super, Arcade, and Ultra editions that were subsequently released). I can't remember whether or not I was as disappointed in the issues the OG SFIV had in comparison to what we've got on SF V