Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectNBA2K16: A Spike Lee Joint
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=295968&mesg_id=295968
295968, NBA2K16: A Spike Lee Joint
Posted by nipsey, Fri Jun-05-15 11:24 AM

http://www.vinereport.com/article/nba2k16.cover.release.date.athletes.revealed.on.cover.spike.lee.directs.game.story/639.htm

'NBA2K16' cover, release date: athletes revealed on cover, Spike Lee directs game story
Hercules Reyes
05 June, 2015 9:08 AM

The upcoming NBA2K16 cover athletes have just been revealed, along with a new story director.

In a report by USA Today, Spike Lee comes to the upcoming new instalment of the popular basketball video game franchise as story writer and director. The new Spike Lee Joint aims to add realism to the game's MyCareer mode, where players get the feel of the real life in the basketball industry.

"We follow a kid through the trials and tribulations of being a top high school player and the decisions he has to make," Lee said, via USA TODAY.

"We added MyCareer in 2012, and we've always been trying to make it more and more of a real story, like a film with drama," 2K spokesman Ryan Peters said, via USA Today. "We just told Spike, 'You transform the narrative, and we'll change that into digital polygons.' And he did that, bringing a protagonist and antagonist to the story."

Meanwhile, the official Twitter account for the NBA 2K Games revealed the cover athletes for the latest instalment of the NBA2K series. Players who will buy the game will get to choose covers between Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, and James Harden.

New Orleans Pelicans power forward Anthony Davis gave a statement on USA Today about his chance as a cover athlete for the bestselling game franchise: "I'm guessing every one of us grew up dreaming of the moment we'd be on the cover. I've seen so many players I know head off and put on a suit with all those balls (for motion-capture duty); it looks so fun."

NBA2K16 is now available for pre-order. Players who will place their orders early on will get exclusive offers and in-game bonuses. According to a report over NBA2K16Game, a fan blog dedicated to the game, players who will pre-order will receive the "Early Tip-Off Weekend", where they will be receiving the game four days ahead of the official release date. Additionally, players will also have the following bonuses upon pre-order:

10,000 Virtual Currency (VC), this will be very helpful in unlocking many phases.

A MyTEAM VIP Package:

New-Gen & PC – 3 MyTEAM Emerald Packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player;
Prior-Gen – My TEAM Gold Booster Pack with Guaranteed Gold Player and 4 additional Gold items.

NBA2K16 comes to the PlayStation and Xbox consoles, PC, and Android and iOS devices September 29, 2015.