Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectSmite is dope. It's the first MOBA I've played, sucked me in good.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=295638&mesg_id=297059
297059, Smite is dope. It's the first MOBA I've played, sucked me in good.
Posted by celery77, Fri Aug-14-15 04:24 PM
it's pretty cruel right up-front -- first few matches will make you feel helpless. I had to study up online, read some guides, research the larger dynamic of this big MOBA Conquest setup, but I enjoy being able to delve into a game like that. Then I got my legs under me and started learning a VERY small number of gods, that felt good. Then I felt I had to branch out, because if my team had a player taking a god in the role I knew, I was basically holding the team back. So I started looking up other gods, learning other playstyles. It's right that way.

I'm still VERY far off any kind of mastery, because I'm still learning the whole god roster so I can anticipate enemy strategy. Like I have my strategies down, and the common strategies of the most popular gods, but there's still tons that confuse me when I fight them. I'm able to spot weak players on my team, and team balance ends up being a BIG contributing factor, but I'm still able to have losing games where I have fun because it's tense, and honestly winning in a steam roll is a bit disappointing.

So overall very good -- the god designs are dope, the controls are consistent, the matchmaking rarely goes past 90 seconds, and there's TONS to peel back if you want to sink into it. It's been great to help me hit pause on Destiny before the Taken King comes out.