Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectDestiny (Post 2)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=295638
295638, Destiny (Post 2)
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri May-08-15 08:39 AM
The other post is too big

Second Expansion DLC - House of Wolves (May 19th)

Xur - finally has the Thunderlord for sale (May 8th - 9th)
295642, Is Thunderlord good?
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri May-08-15 11:06 AM
I feel like I mostly decide on if I want something based on how often I'm killed by it in the crucible. Can't recall getting merked by that gun.

Pretty much every other machine gun besides that, but not that one. lol.
295644, Better in PVE than PVP
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri May-08-15 11:54 AM
any of those Nightfalls with Arc burn
295740, lol thunderlord is ridiculous in pvp
Posted by Aeon, Tue May-19-15 12:24 PM
295645, Thunderlord is straight BEAST MODE
Posted by liveguy, Fri May-08-15 12:24 PM
I love it.

Suprised Xur sold it...

It's the first time he EVER sold it.

Gally soon come, PLEASE!
295652, do u shoot Against All Odds? It's like that, but w/ a 60-clip + high RoF
Posted by celery77, Fri May-08-15 03:24 PM
the biggest reason you're probably not dying to it in the Crucible is because most people use their exotic in the primary slot. It's an AMAZING machine gun, definitely the best machine gun in the game. Only downside is that it takes an exotic slot.
295669, I typically go for rockets.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon May-11-15 09:55 PM
I'm starting to see where machine guns are useful though. Makes sense to keep it around for arc damage since I have the coins.
295675, yeah, machine guns are great on hordes of enemies
Posted by celery77, Wed May-13-15 09:18 AM
whereas rockets you typically aim at a single target. You can produce a lot of damage on boss characters in strikes with machine guns, too, but using it on waves of enemies is generally most productive.

Machine guns + weapons of light + orb drops from heavy kills on Titan is a super powerful combo.
295646, copped it right before work and fucked around for 3 mins
Posted by Nodima, Fri May-08-15 12:36 PM
seems pretty cool, definitely has one of the more unique special effects in the game (lightning everywhere). I mainly grabbed it without hesitation because my strongest Arc weapon to this point has been The Crash shotgun, but on most burn activities I'm not trying to get that close so I would use The Swarm machine gun which was stuck at 277 damage because I didn't want to waste materials on it.

Like someone else said, if nothing else it's already my go-to Exotic whenever Arc Burn comes up now.

Probably the one down side is its fairly low ammo capacity, only 95 rounds without any heavy weapon buffs on your gear.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
295648, i think it has field scout to up the ammo if u want
Posted by liveguy, Fri May-08-15 02:33 PM
once you get the feeding frenzy and lightening rounds perk, its on.

You will be MOWING thru fools...PvE and PvP
295647, What materials should I be hoarding before HOW comes out?
Posted by Tw3nty, Fri May-08-15 12:49 PM
295653, well, sounds like we're gonna finally have 100% exchange, sooo...
Posted by celery77, Fri May-08-15 03:28 PM
I think you're pretty much going to be able to generate any currency you need, no reason to horde that much. And the absolute best part is that if you use the Etheric Light to upgrade armor (or however you upgrade exotics) you WON'T have to re-level, so any materials you pump into gear now can be upgraded without being lost. I've been spending Ascendant Energy and Shards freely as I prep an arsenal to beef up to level 34 going forward.

Other common tricks I hear is to do daily events, then leave the letter in the post office, as opening the letter grants 2500 XP. That way, if you stack up a bunch, you can quickly level a new item by just opening a lot of postmaster items.

I'm not stressing all that, though. I'm just putting together a dream arsenal and planning on which items to prioritize when Etheric Light starts rolling through.
295654, first HoW upgrade ---> Vision of Confluence, duh.
Posted by celery77, Fri May-08-15 03:30 PM
I'm shaking my head at all these kids drooling over a 365 Fatebringer -- not even the best hand cannon in the game. Vision of Confluence, though, is like the Rosebud of my Destiny universe...
295655, RE: first HoW upgrade ---> Vision of Confluence, duh.
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Fri May-08-15 06:15 PM
>I'm shaking my head at all these kids drooling over a 365
>Fatebringer -- not even the best hand cannon in the game.

It's probably the most satisfying, if not best, Legendary Hand Cannon though. It's hard to say that it's worse than any of the other premier hand cannons considering it's been handicapped at 300 this whole time.
295661, VoC is great, but Fatebringer is way better.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Sun May-10-15 03:04 AM
Fatebringer is the best PvE hand cannon in the game. Doesn't even make sense to use any of the the exotic hand cannons in PvE because it. I'd like to see a VoC take out a dozen thralls with a single shot.

And this is pretty obvious, but the DPS on a hand cannon is always going to be better than a scout rifle. A 365 Fatebringer will most likely now one-shot a Vandal or Legionnaire or whatever the highest level (28) strikes when HoW comes out.

295662, even better than Devil You Know?
Posted by Nodima, Sun May-10-15 11:03 AM
12 or 13 rounds, and mine gets bonus ammo directly in the magazine for kills plus luck in the chamber. I regularly get 16-20 shots off with that thing.

~~~~~~~~~
295664, Fatebringer is totes average. Your gun sounds better.
Posted by celery77, Sun May-10-15 06:28 PM
I have a Devil You Know with Third Eye and like Explosive Rounds and maybe Outlaw? I know it has Third Eye, a 12-clip, stupidly Field Scout which makes it a 13-clip, but a few other nice things, too. It was my best Hand Cannon before the first DLC. That one is also getting upgraded to 365 before Fatebringer comes along. Don't believe the hype.
295663, Firefly is good on thrall hordes, that's it; I can also just punch those
Posted by celery77, Sun May-10-15 06:24 PM
Fatebringer is lusted after because it's a coveted / difficult drop on Vault of Glass and because it's bossing the first section of the Crota Raid. If you take it outside of that setting, it's totally pedestrian. Yeah, the Arc damage is nice, too, but not nicer than Third Eye'd Fang of Ir Yut or solid Oversoul's Edict or even solid Praedyth's Timepiece. I honestly think it's totally overrated just because of the first section of the most recent raid. I would want to bring soooooo many other weapons into the Prison of Elders beside it.

But yeah -- No Backup Plans with extended Force Barrier, Unbreakable, and 90%+ Strength boost turns thrall hordes into cupcakes anyway (and throw a sped up melee on top of that? sheeeeeit). I'd rather a primary with Outlaw or Field Scout or Perfect Balance or Grenadier or Third Eye on and on. The cult of Fatebringer has gotten out of hand.

27 clip Vision of Confluence though? Fire primary perfect balance full auto scout? sheeeeeeeeeeit.
295665, RE: Firefly is good on thrall hordes, that's it; I can also just punch those
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Sun May-10-15 11:05 PM
Why are you talking about Fatebringer as though it doesn't have Outlaw? (Or Field Scout for that matter.)

It's cool to think it's overrated, but that doesn't mean it's not a dope weapon with solid visual design and an excellent suite of guaranteed abilities. I think it's also worth noting that it has significantly better "target acquisition" than something like The Last Word, which makes Firefly that much more powerful — casual hip-fire headshots all day.

If we're talking PvP, sure sure, using Fatebringer is just a style-choice in that context.
295668, honestly, haven't shot Fatebringer in so long I forgot its other perks
Posted by celery77, Mon May-11-15 05:33 PM
I mean, I'm glad I have one, but there's a pretty long list of guns I'mma upgrade before it, including The Devil You Know (cuz I love the one I have with Third Eye). It's just funny how I see everyone talk about upgrading Fatebringer first when Vision of Confluence, Corrective Measure, and probably Found Verdict would all be higher on my list of 300 upgrades.

And I'm just talking shit to talk shit cuz I'm excites about the DLC.
295690, The majority of this game's PvE content is trash add management
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Wed May-13-15 10:21 PM
Which is what Fatebringer excels at. Firefly will either kill the surrounding adds or stagger them so you can follow up with another firefly shot. There are hardly any encounters where a VoC excels over Fatebringer other than solar burn. Who cares about 27 VoC bullets when you can get more done with 12/13 with Fatebringer, especially with Outlaw.

A 365 Fatebringer will one shot vandals and legionnaires and kill or damage surrounding adds, and a VoC will most likely require 2.

And you're nuts if you think The Devil You Know is somehow better at PvE content than a Fatebringer. Any weapon with Third Eye is only good for PvP, and you'll have no argument from me that Fatebringer is an average weapon for PvP.
295733, man, I dunno -- I just used Fatebringer in the Omnigul Nightfall
Posted by celery77, Mon May-18-15 05:48 PM
and it WAS an Arc burn, and I dunno ... I didn't like it, ended up finishing it with an unleveled Oversoul's Edict, woulda switched to the Timepiece if I didn't have the Edict. The firefly just doesn't kill enough save for on thralls.

And I just think it's funny you think Third Eye is only good in PvP. I love it everywhere, can aim without getting run up on by a thrall or vandal or stupid ass spawning shanks or Captain or Knight etc. etc. I prioritize leveling every gun with Third Eye, it's always useful. By yeah, I just don't get the Fatebringer obsession. Gjallahorn I get (although it's still more situational than people seem to grasp) but Fatebringer is just plain overrated.
295735, if it was 331 like most legendaries
Posted by liveguy, Tue May-19-15 11:23 AM
you would notice the difference!

But at 365 DPS????

Awww, man.....

Fatebringer is the business, kid!!! You TRIPPIN!!! lol

That VoC at 365 gonna be crazy too, tho...

So many guns I wanna upgrade....ugh

The grind continues.
295736, Fatebringer's main weakness...
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Tue May-19-15 11:31 AM
Is its piss-poor range, which seriously hinders its use in PvP and can be an issue in PvE. Much of the Omnigul strike (especially in a Nightfall) is either outside of its range or you want to be rocking a shotty or rocket launcher.

But we might find that a 365 Fatebringer is actually able to overcome some of those range issues in PvE.

In PvP, it has great impact (up there with Hawkmoon, I think), but no Send It to let you leverage that. That said, they might let folks reforge any weapon some day.
295747, honestly, 3rd eye is overrated once you learn to not ADS obsessively
Posted by Aeon, Wed May-20-15 01:52 AM
and/or learn how to not need to rely on your radar obsessively. you really shouldn't be getting run up on by slow moving shanks and other trash ads in PVE.

i prefer 3rd eye on scouts since the weapon really requires ADS to be useful, especially in pvp. i've yet to get a fatebringer :(... but i've had a few 3rd eye hand cannons and i much prefer using thorn or hawk moon to any 3rd eye hand cannon because i value the high DPS over being able to aim down sights endlessly. on top of that ADS and watching radar makes you a much slower target.

i prefer using hand cannons in general in PVE because the ttk is much faster than most other primaries, so an arc 365 high-impact handcannon trumps any elemental primary they've released yet imo.
295759, oh yeah, well my preferred setup is scout + shotgun, so I scope a lot
Posted by celery77, Wed May-20-15 03:01 PM
I just scope enemies working headshots, then if anything comes close I switch to shotgun and deal with it. I enjoy handcannons, but I need the emphasis on the CANNON, so like Timur's Lash is my favorite handcannon to use lately (and no third eye and it's all right, but that's also because I have rodeo on it so I precision kill, reload, check the radar, then go back to ADS).

In PvP I run MIDA for the speed boost or Last Word because it's stupidly over-powered. I just lean on the radar a lot in PvE to track threats, basically, as I pick off what I consider either high value or easy return enemies first.
295771, just started running MIDA in pvp with a max agility build
Posted by Aeon, Thu May-21-15 10:11 PM
SO. GOOD.

unfortunately it makes it really hard to go back 'cause you feel so damn slow without it.

I'm mad I'm so late with it.
295778, yup! there's a hidden stagger ability on MIDA, too, you knock on enemies
Posted by celery77, Fri May-22-15 09:23 AM
so when you're in firefights, if you're pulling headshots you are rocking your opponents ADS. If I can see a plain red light sniper, a lot of times I'll start shooting for headshots with MIDA and I can win 1v1 with a sniper aiming down sights at me.

And yeah, the speed boost ... I have no shame, I run MIDA and Mk. 44 Stand Asides and go rounds where like half my kills are shoulder charges. Sometimes I switch up weapons and forget, suddenly the shoulder charge is like half as effective.

But yeah, MIDA and Last Word are my PvP weapons.
295970, MIDA is pretty awesome. That speed!
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Jun-05-15 12:11 PM
I had no idea that was a perk until I read this, but then I leveled it up right away.

I almost always get off to an early points lead in control with this gun.
295671, Sale @ Amazon: 50% for physical copy of game
Posted by Boogiedwn, Tue May-12-15 03:24 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=DESTINY

Looks like it's on sale on Xbox-One and 360 as well this week

https://majornelson.com/2015/05/11/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-6/

295677, Who is Down for an okp raid run?
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Wed May-13-15 09:27 AM
295678, PS4 or XB1?
Posted by liveguy, Wed May-13-15 11:25 AM
295680, Sure
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed May-13-15 12:39 PM
boogiedwn43 on XB1

I usually have time on the weekends - either raid is cool with me
295687, RE: Who is Down for an okp raid run?
Posted by P is for PROPS, Wed May-13-15 03:51 PM
I'm down to run too. Send me an invite if you see me on.

xboxone GT: P is for PROPS
295691, I'm always down to help.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Wed May-13-15 10:23 PM
PS4: steveotron84
295696, RE: Who is Down for an okp raid run?
Posted by teppishx3, Thu May-14-15 12:25 PM
Sure...

teppish on xbox1

295704, Xur 5-15 through 5-16 "The Truth"
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri May-15-15 07:39 AM
If you don't have a tracking rocket this will help you with that
295705, nice yo!! one of the last exotics i dont have...
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Fri May-15-15 11:49 AM
295706, Truth has put in fucking work on the damn Thorn bounty
Posted by wallysmith, Fri May-15-15 12:16 PM
295710, that thorn bounty is a BITCH!!!
Posted by liveguy, Fri May-15-15 10:43 PM
ugh!
295719, For me it was the "kill Xyor" part that held shit up.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun May-17-15 03:14 PM
I finally got Thorn the other night after somebody in the tower randomly hit me up and asked for help killing her.

Shit was sitting in my bounties since November.
295727, Dude, that part is just added for NO reason hahaha
Posted by liveguy, Mon May-18-15 12:49 PM
Getting the 500 with void weapons in Crucible was already hard enough....

But then you gotta do that damn Xyor the Unwed part too???? smh!!!!

Anyone that has a Thorn...you truly earned that joint.

>Shit was sitting in my bounties since November.

Damn...really???? LOL!
295750, Finished the last 150 void and Xyor yesterday...
Posted by wallysmith, Wed May-20-15 09:27 AM
FINALLY!!! - The Rock

That shit has been in my bounties for months. Xyor's a fucking bitch too, got lucky with some randoms that were willing to help out.

Got the expansion but haven't touched it yet... at least I can go into it without Thorn weighing on me...
295711, that shit will LITERALLY go around corners to get its target
Posted by liveguy, Fri May-15-15 10:47 PM
"aggressive" tracking is an understatement

Best Launcher for PvP (great for PvE too). ...but hard to use when there's so many other exotics good for PvP like Thorn, PnT, Last Word, Suros, etc...

God send for the Thorn bounty tho.
295707, Queen's Wrath is Live!
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Fri May-15-15 01:33 PM
Damn, I wish I wasn't busy with work and meetings right about now.

And this Destiny-but-not-HoW-related video is awesome: https://youtu.be/goyTGRS7Gxw
295713, related: engrams are dropping with loot from the expansion
Posted by Nodima, Sat May-16-15 10:55 AM
but the Cryptarch can't recognize them yet. Bungie advises holding onto all Engrams until the 19th.

~~~~~~~~~
295717, RE: related: engrams are dropping with loot from the expansion
Posted by upUPNorth, Sun May-17-15 01:48 PM
yeah, i was vaulting my legendary engrams, and i found that it wasn't even letting me decrypt my rare armor engrams. I also don't want to find out after that we should be using the Reef engram dude or if they're identical.

I got to do a run of those 4 bounties twice on Friday night (won't get another chance until after HoW drops), anyone get a Treasure Key? As a warning, don't die when you have the ether key because it goes away when you respawn and you won't be able to collect the loot.
295723, Have 3 Treasure Keys at the moment.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Mon May-18-15 10:20 AM
Might try to farm a few more later.
295726, Nice, I wonder what they'll be for
Posted by upUPNorth, Mon May-18-15 12:26 PM
and whether I can still get them later this week.

I hope I can still find people to raid with eventually, I did enough to get 32 on my main but I don't have most of the weapons and armor from either of them, unless the treasures of the reef can be anything?!

Has anyone noticed some subtler changes since the last couple patches? Like Blades of Crota never seem to spawn randomly anymore, have to do Hand of Crota three times to get that bounty still.
And I think they've made getting the exotic bounties a bit simpler, as I just got one on Friday that my Hunter would never get offered before.
295729, RE: Nice, I wonder what they'll be for
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Mon May-18-15 03:10 PM
Apparently they are for letting players do Prison of Elders runs multiple times per week. Like, each PoE run will only yield a Treasure Key the first time you do it. So for whatever reason they decided that instead of just letting people do that content as much as they wanted, you have to depend on RNG to give you additional keys by doing Wanted bounties.
295720, Yeah, I'm glad I looked online - thought that shit was glitched
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun May-17-15 03:14 PM
295739, I think I broke it
Posted by Tw3nty, Tue May-19-15 12:14 PM
I've had an endless loop on the installing update screen since last night. Can't launch destiny at all.
295741, HOUSE OF WOLVES
Posted by Aeon, Tue May-19-15 12:25 PM
so much new shit i don't know where to start. leveled up with all factions on my hunter so i can literally buy EVERYTHING.

right now turning in commendations for rank. i wanna do the nightfall but nobody to run it with.

LOUD NOISES
295742, I copped today
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Tue May-19-15 04:52 PM
295743, the actual Wolves are pretty legit
Posted by Nodima, Tue May-19-15 06:05 PM
has anyone seen if these enemy types got rolled into the Wanted quests or are they still old Fallen designs? From their cloud-burst trip mines to the Shank variants I had a lot of fun with that first new mission.

also, do the Vanguard Bounty robots offer the same bounties?

~~~~~~~~~
295746, shoot, so even the harder PoE events are locked behind fire teams?
Posted by Nodima, Tue May-19-15 08:49 PM
I was expecting to skip past the Osiris stuff but I held out hope for having access to all the Prison of Elders content as consolation.

The level 28 is fun enough but I've already lept from 29 to nearly 32 with my Warlock just off Vanguard purchases, plus got a Payment VI and Universal Remote out of the level 28 on my first try so it's not all bad, just a bummer I won't be seeing how wild this mode really gets on a very consistent basis.

Also I like that they threw a K/D onto the stats screen for it; I'm mediocre-to-awful most of the time in PvP but my kill stats are always #1 or #2 in PvE and it felt pretty awesome to take my first time in the PoE with a couple level 31s when I was level 29 and easily lead the way with a 19 K/D (next closest was 11).

Enjoyed all the new story missions and the new stuff to do, still haven't checked out the Strike. Figure I should unlock PoE with at least my Titan main first.

~~~~~~~~~
295767, Yeah, the lack of matchmaking in general for high-level stuff is wack.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu May-21-15 06:59 PM
I've still never finished a raid because it's so much of a hassle to find people to play with.

It's like they designed the game with the assumption you're in school or work in the games industry.
295768, fam, I play lots of Strike playlists
Posted by celery77, Thu May-21-15 08:38 PM
and I would only give like 50% of Guardians a passing grade.

Dudes don't know how to feed orbs, dudes have really weird weapon loadouts, dudes don't seem to understand their full ability set, dudes only care about cheesing, dudes don't give a shit what their fellow Guardians are doing in making their movements etc. etc.

Yeah, if you get in the right Raid groups right now you could basically walk into a wall for the whole fight and your fireteam can carry you the whole way, but if you actually run the HIGH level content at the appropriate level? Just ... I shudder to think what might happen with a public fireteam ... I'm out here in the Prison of Elders hot-switching weapons on bungie.net for each encounter, strategizing loadout with my other fireteam members, coordinating supers, making glowing pools of orbs, and we STILL wiped on the same encounter for hours last night. And sure Crota raid is pretty busted, but if you're an experienced Vault player and you have just one guy who isn't hitting his marks in the Vault, all five other players know who it is.

So yeah, it's a social game. If you curate the right friends list, it opens up sooooo much within the game.
295748, I like this so far
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed May-20-15 07:45 AM
Went through with my lowest ranked character to build weapons up and rank up.

That sidearm you get is kinda weak though.
295756, that Sidearm is fun to use
Posted by liveguy, Wed May-20-15 11:36 AM
Rapid fire is crazy and the reload is lightning fast.

That arc damage and cats dying as if it were a fusion rifle...

It's a fun gun!

Give it some more looks.

It'll be super dope to use on all burn Nightfalls.
295772, side arm is damn near OP for pvp.
Posted by Aeon, Thu May-21-15 10:12 PM
ttk is so fast.
295783, it didn't feel too different from Last Word to me (which is GOOD, btw)
Posted by celery77, Fri May-22-15 02:00 PM
I switch between Last Word and MIDA when I'm trying to not suck in PvP, so while the sidearm is amazing, if you main Last Word it still felt better to have a shotgun in the secondary slot (because as nice as the sidearm is, it's still not one hit kill).
295749, Finished 34 PoE and will try 35 soon. We need more vault space.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Wed May-20-15 07:52 AM
Some gameplay mechanic spoilers here.

The 34 PoE wasn't too bad once we figured out how to handle the last boss. My fireteam had 2 hunters and a warlock, and I think the last boss would have been easier if one of us was titan with Blessing of Light for the extra shield to make it easier to survive the last boss and his rage thing that makes the ground burn (and it's solar burn of course). Once I figured out the spot to fight from and how to time my triple jump to survive the 10 seconds of ground burn, it was manageable.

The arc burn the for Hive (the one where Deej and them kept wiping) was kind of difficult, but having Bladedancers and going invisible made it pretty decent. I had my Fatebringer and an arc sniper, but you definitely want a Gjallarhorn to take out the wizards quickly.

I'll probably run the 34 PoE on my titan or warlock next and transfer that Etheric Light drop to my hunter so that I can hit 34 with it to attempt the 35 PoE and also so that it's maxed level for Trials of Osiris.

And we desperately need vault space.
295755, wanna run one with you soon, not sure how quickly i'll get to 34 though.
Posted by Aeon, Wed May-20-15 11:16 AM
295774, RE: wanna run one with you soon, not sure how quickly i'll get to 34 though.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Fri May-22-15 06:51 AM
I'll be running it with my Warlock sometime maybe this weekend if you're available.
295770, did it with 2x bubble Titans + a hunter, 5th round was prolly easiest
Posted by celery77, Thu May-21-15 08:45 PM
wiped once after one of those weird Variks teleports across the map, leaving a revive we could never get to. ALMOST did 100% of the boss health bar just with two bubble Titans. Got the Hunter back, did it next try.

That arc bit, though, I'm still a little cloudy on how we finally managed it...
295751, man, Prison of Elders is soooo dope
Posted by celery77, Wed May-20-15 09:28 AM
made it to level 33 yesterday (you just need to ascend one Exotic piece of armor, then complete the level 32 PoE and you are 32, presuming you have a Light +36 Crota raid set in all slots, although all armor is now base Light +36, i.e. level 32 base, so two vendor pieces will do it, too), started in on the level 34 and that was HARD. I was burning through exotic shards upgrading different pieces of exotic armor to see which might fit the best play style. We had to find different rally points on the map, then strategize all skills in order to be effective.

Didn't complete the level 34, we were up against a pretty hopeless task, but I assume I'll have it done by the weekend at the latest. So much fun, especially with the K/D boards, I might just be jumping in any group I can find to knock out levels (plus I want Judgment Rank 3 for the shaders, already have two tokens...)

this expansion is great -- all about customization now. I'm scheming on all the different builds I want to set up, can't wait to have a big, flexible, lethal arsenal for all situations.
295757, level 32 PoE was HARD first run on it!!
Posted by liveguy, Wed May-20-15 12:05 PM
Ain't no types of cheese spots at all and they be sending them adds like nobodies business!!!! lol

I bet 34 and 35 are like "WTF!!!!"

Very good DLC.

Seems like they are being more generous with loot drops now too.

295760, we were finding "safe" zones by heading to the left corner from the door
Posted by celery77, Wed May-20-15 03:08 PM
basically enter the arena, then immediately sprint along the left-hand wall until you find an alcove. That was away from spawn doors, reduced the horde so part of it would slowly approach from the far side of the map and incoming damage was dropped, and allowed us to work waves slow Nightfall-style. Although once they introduced the Critical Objective elements, we were having to find new approaches. A few maps we found different rally points based on specific geography, but our default solution last night was "enter arena, head left, rally."

We were also a Titan (me) and two Hunters, and it definitely seems like trading in a Hunter for a Warlock would be worthwhile. I was bubble Titan feeding orbs to Golden Gun hunters (feeding orbs back to me) but as the Critical Objectives appeared we couldn't be so stationary. Then we were running Blade Dance - Golden Gun - Bubble Titan to deal with some specific objectives (using invisibility) but overall yeah goddamn it was fun. Really like that some of the buffs HELP you instead of just hinder you. Ultimately it was the 'No Shield Recharge' (so you can only go back to 25% health after red-lining) with a roaming "Kill Target" objective that was stymie-ing us ... we killed the Wave 2 Cabal Hard Target ONCE with a pretty suicidal Gjallahorn assault, but we didn't have enough bodies left to clean up the wave after that ... but yeah, can't wait to get back in ...
295769, shot waaaay past my bed-time knocking out level 34 PoE last night
Posted by celery77, Thu May-21-15 08:42 PM
that 4th round ... I was ready to quit, but I didn't want to be the fireteam member who quit. It was insanely satisfying to get that Etheric Light though. I'm a little meh on the assault rifle, but I'm still stoked to have a unique 365 damage purple right now.
295775, Xur 5-22 through 5-23 (Buy the shards & engrams)
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri May-22-15 07:14 AM
He's selling crap this weekend

I got the Ram & an updated and better rolled Third Eye
295784, burned through ~22k glimmer ascending exotics, still not done...
Posted by celery77, Fri May-22-15 02:03 PM
also did two exotic engrams -- got a new Hunter helmet (I have a level 10 Hunter...) and a Glass House with one of the worst stat modifiers I've ever seen (+98, my current one is ~+122). So that was the end of my engram gambling, because I need those motes of light for weapon re-rolls...

best loot I got this morning was actually two purple engrams from a Wolves Ether Chest, came up with a nice purple Fusion I will be re-rolling into something something accelarated coils something.
295785, is there like a good guide to what's new?
Posted by Rjcc, Sat May-23-15 12:52 AM
I missed the whole lead in to house of wolves (it was my gf's birthday so I left the XB1 at home) and I have no fuckin clue what I'm supposed ot do now

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
295788, ummm I'm not sure about a 'guide,' but I'll try my best...
Posted by celery77, Sat May-23-15 03:48 PM
The big change is that all basic purple armor (i.e. vendor armor, purple engram decodes) begins with Light level 36, which is overall level 32 armor. +36 light equals the Crota Raid armor and a fully leveled Exotic pre-DLC. So it's easier than ever to get to level 32 and there's lots of equipment that will get you there.

In order to go PAST level 32, you need light level +42 armor. That can be an upgraded Exotic, which can be instantly upgraded with an Exotic shard (i.e. your Armamentarium can be upgraded to +42 with an Exotic shard and some small amount of extra materials), it can be some new DLC armor that can be unlocked in the new content (Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris) that starts at +42, or if you get an item called Etheric Light you can 'Ascend' ANY purple armor to +42. So like my Vault of Glass raid set can be upgraded to +42 armor, level 34 gear if I get enough Etheric Light.

And basically all of that applies to weapons as well. All weapons (300 or 331 damage) can be upgraded to 365 damage by applying Etheric Light. All Exotic weapons can be upgraded to 365 damage with an Exotic Shard. When upgrading, you DO NOT lost experience progress, so you can take a fully leveled item and instantly upgrade it, no grind.

ALSO re: weapons, all new DLC weapons (with a 'II' in the corner) can be re-rolled for their perks at the gunsmith. So essentially every new gun is just a frame, and you can roll whatever perks you want on to it. Got a handcannon with a lame perk you don't like on it? No big deal! Just go to the gunsmith and re-roll! It costs a mote of light, some weapon parts, and glimmer. If you want a guide to the perk trees, I've been using one from reddit that shows what's possible, so I determine a desired perk build and then roll until I get it, or close to it (and some perks pre-DLC no longer exist, e.g. Field Scout, and there's some new ones, too, e.g. Hidden Hand, which boosts aim assist).

As for the 'new' gear, it's primarily unlocked via Prison of Elders, which is a 3-person fire-team, VERY challenging horde mode. I've been spending hours in there, working through a range of builds with teammates in order to get through things.

So anyway, in short the game is all about customization now. You get to choose your favorite play-style and then work for the gear that will support it. I haven't even got a new Exotic yet, I've only gotten one new Light +42 armor (allowing me to be level 33 with another Exotic), but I have got a bunch of new weapons that I've rolled up to suit my style. The best content is gated in the Prison of Elders, which has defined weekly drops as well as random chests, and you access the Prison by completed the new story missions. Nightfalls and Weeklies are Level 32 now, ummmm I think that's most of it. But yeah, Etheric Light is highly coveted, and Motes of Light are the key currency for weapon re-rolls, so those are key. The Speaker in the Tower has a big currency exchange to help with all this, although to see what's available you need to have the exchangeable item in your inventory. So yeah, tons of stuff, but mainly start building your dream arsenal is what you're doing at this stage of the game...
295857, yo good look man
Posted by Rjcc, Wed May-27-15 09:32 PM

295786, Where the heck is beltrik??
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Sat May-23-15 07:54 AM
295884, RE: Where the heck is beltrik??
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri May-29-15 01:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIF3hQ53g0A
295799, unless you have 3x34 with Thorn, don't waste your time in Osiris
Posted by celery77, Sun May-24-15 08:43 PM
I was losing one round, so I just recklessy ran after a shoulder charge. Managed to pull one off, completely clean, only because I was a 33 and I shoulder charged a 34, it didn't one-hit-kill, so I died, even though I had pressed and gained the advantage.

Had one monster round with the Annihilation coin and I got basically all the kills ... it was because we ran into a team of 32s who didn't have the right gear.

Seriously, Bungie -- is it that hard to do something like restrict Exotics? I'm happy to let the 15-year-olds have Osiris all to themselves. Annoying that they've gated gear behind the most unhospitable mode they've created yet.
295856, Finally got the Gally!!
Posted by SpaceBullets, Wed May-27-15 07:36 PM
Been playing since the 2nd week Destiny came out. Got it on my 2nd run on Poe.
Now I just need Hawkmoon and fate bringer.
295860, got my last exotic gun* for a last place Crucible finish recently
Posted by celery77, Thu May-28-15 09:25 AM
*Universal Remote, haven't even shot it yet.
295935, RE: got my last exotic gun* for a last place Crucible finish recently
Posted by SpaceBullets, Wed Jun-03-15 08:58 AM
A buddy I play with loves the universal remote.
295969, I used it a lot in the crucible before I got Thorn
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Jun-05-15 12:09 PM
I'm all about shotguns so liked switching to it mid match once I used up all the special ammo.

Now that I have better primaries like Thorn and MIDA it's just sitting in my vault.
295861, Nice
Posted by Boogiedwn, Thu May-28-15 09:32 AM
Anyone get any of the new exotics yet?

295875, got my 3rd one on my first 28 PoE run from the chest.
Posted by Aeon, Thu May-28-15 11:24 PM
it works out, now i have 3 to spread across all characters, no more switching.
295936, I never keep more then one of anything. Need the room!
Posted by SpaceBullets, Wed Jun-03-15 09:01 AM
295908, congrats!
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Sun May-31-15 11:43 PM
295874, need reg ps4 folks to run the PoEs every week.
Posted by Aeon, Thu May-28-15 11:23 PM
Trials too, if you can play relatively high level pvp.

finding people to regularly run shit with has been difficult, and im still a bit sketchy on LFGs. :/
296349, You can add me
Posted by SpaceBullets, Mon Jun-22-15 07:01 PM
I'm usually on all the time but usually in the mornings.

kazsud
296416, Add me if you need a voidwalker warlock.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Jun-27-15 07:22 PM
That's my only 34, unfortunately. If I use my sunsinger gear I get dropped down to 33.
295879, Xur 5/29 -5/30 - Nothing Manacles (maybe)
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri May-29-15 08:56 AM
I ended up getting an engram which gave me those with a better roll than the ones he was selling.
295883, who do I have to dance with around here to get another Treasure Key?
Posted by upUPNorth, Fri May-29-15 11:30 AM
should be guaranteed at least one a week or something
295925, a Wanted Fallen bounty. first one per week gets a key now.
Posted by Nodima, Tue Jun-02-15 05:52 PM

~~~~~~~~~
295953, Nice, I just read their Patch Notes after your post
Posted by upUPNorth, Wed Jun-03-15 07:46 PM
I opened so many ether chests those first two weeks and got nothing though. All I ever got was two for doing the story stuff on my titan and hunter. That definitely needed to change.
295907, finally completed VOG. yes, almost summer 2015 and finally did it, lol....
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Sun May-31-15 11:42 PM
...damn that shit was fun as hell ....late to the party like a mofo

296414, lol, I still haven't done either raid completely.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Jun-27-15 05:07 PM
I did some of the beginning stuff in VoG, then jumped into somebody's save on what I think was the last boss but we kept getting killed because there was a few of us who didn't know wtf was going on.

Haven't even touched the Crota one.
295913, Just made it to level 3 on you pussies.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Jun-01-15 06:33 PM
295915, you just made it to level 3 on my pussy?
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Jun-02-15 02:38 AM
wtf does the cryptarch give you for that?

295924, Level 1 toe ring.
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Jun-02-15 04:40 PM
295951, Xbox 1 - raid this Saturday?
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed Jun-03-15 06:51 PM
Doesn't matter which one (Crota or VOG)
295976, i'm down...tag in the sig
Posted by liveguy, Fri Jun-05-15 12:38 PM
add me if you haven't already.
295978, cool - thinking about starting around 1 est
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri Jun-05-15 01:33 PM
flexible with the time though
296049, Taken King Expansion Details (Swipe)
Posted by mrshow, Tue Jun-09-15 04:31 AM
http://kotaku.com/leak-destinys-new-expansion-is-the-taken-king-out-sep-1709972043

From the article:

This evening, a tipster sent over a large marketing sheet for The Taken King, which we’ve been able to corroborate with other sources. The sheet—which lists The Taken King at $40—offers a handful of details surrounding Destiny’s next expansion pack. For example, it confirms the existence of a new subclass for each of the game’s three classes, along with a new elemental super ability: an electrical storm for Warlocks (arc); a gravity bow for Hunters (void); and a flaming hammer for Titans (solar). Hardcore Destiny players will notice that each of these abilities revolves around the element each respective class lacks today.

In addition to the usual additions we’ve seen in both other Destiny expansions so far—new Strikes, new PvP maps, etc.—The Taken King will have a raid pitting players against Oryx, father of Crota, who is apparently looking for revenge (and leading a new army of baddies called the Taken). Crota, you may remember, was the big bad raid boss in the game’s first expansion pack. He had a crippling weakness to LAN cables.

296332, Taken King vidoc link
Posted by ACRG, Sun Jun-21-15 01:04 PM
http://youtu.be/qOzF4D6EdiY
296389, Finally got 34 the other night.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Jun-25-15 02:38 AM
I did level 32 PoE and got an armor token then waited a week to turn it into a level 42 chest piece.

Now I just need the next iron banner to roll around so I can get spend some of that upgrade light on weapons. I have a level 31 hunter so I'll be able to get twice as much in theory.
296390, still only @ 33
Posted by Boogiedwn, Thu Jun-25-15 09:11 AM
I gotta finish the higher level POE's

296557, RE: still only @ 33
Posted by P is for PROPS, Wed Jul-08-15 12:15 PM
Hit me up if you see me online

Down to run POE. Still haven't beaten 35, but run through 34 and 32 fairly frequently.

296559, cool - will do
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed Jul-08-15 01:34 PM
Just got an etheric light from this weeks nightfall holding onto it before using it on a gun or armor.

I did what the masses did and upgraded my fate bringer with the first one I got.
296393, I got to 33 a few nights ago
Posted by Grand_Royal, Thu Jun-25-15 11:47 AM
I put the game down for a long while at 24 and I've been grindin' pretty hard the last 2-3 weeks. I was lucky because I had a few friends at 34 that walked me through some of the tougher PvE missions.
296413, Congrats
Posted by SpaceBullets, Sat Jun-27-15 01:36 PM
296419, PS4 OKP Raid/PoE/Crucible Stomp sometime?
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Sun Jun-28-15 08:37 PM
Feel like I've hardly played with any of you guys.
296551, I'm down. Just got four etheric light from Iron Banner.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Jul-08-15 02:18 AM
Ready to give that level 34 PoE a run (as soon as I decide what weapons to boost to 365).
296582, RE: I'm down. Just got four etheric light from Iron Banner.
Posted by liveguy, Fri Jul-10-15 11:07 AM
My first legendary boosts to 365 were:

Fatebringer
Vision of Confluence
Word of Crota

Then:

LDR 5001
Praedyths Revenge

Gotta make sure to have some good 365 elemental primaries.

Still no damn Gally! UGH!

296586, Damn, I need some elemental primaries
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Jul-11-15 11:20 PM
I have none.
296587, tell me about it
Posted by upUPNorth, Sun Jul-12-15 12:48 PM
I was lucky to get Fang of Ir Yut on my one hard run of crota so i do have arc, im still dying for a void one to maybe help with my thorn bounty.

did anyone notice, when variks was giving the wolves leash for a weapon core (the scout rifle) it was just kinetic i thought when i saw it (didnt have a weapon core to grab it). because I was running a matchmade strike and some guy had a wolves leash with solar on it, and some folks i play with were theorizing that you could reforge an element on a primary - that it was that random - because they remember seeing it as kinetic too. is that possible?
296588, The elemental fallen guns are...
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Sun Jul-12-15 07:49 PM
...random drops from beating Skolas in the 35 PoE.
296602, Good to know, thanks
Posted by upUPNorth, Mon Jul-13-15 06:36 PM
still haven't beaten that guy, with raids if your usual three man team wasn't that good at stuff you could still find that guy that made shit easy. Now my usual three man for-fun fireteam is weak and can't get help lol gotta move on.
296603, Word of Crota makes that Thron bounty a LOT easier!
Posted by liveguy, Tue Jul-14-15 12:02 PM
It's a void Hand Cannon.

Keep playing that Hard mode Crota so you can get that.

I use it a lot in crucible and it pretty handy.

Quiet as kept...that Strangers Rifle is BEAST MODE in crucible.

Most people deleted it lol

296897, I'm down for any PoE or hard mode Raid this Saturday or Sunday.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Thu Jul-30-15 12:13 PM
Just send me an invite/message.
296566, Level 33 Hunter
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Wed Jul-08-15 09:05 PM
Played him exclusively since I purchased the game earlier this year cause I did not want to grind multiple characters. After seeing footage of the Taken King I started a warlock a couple of days ago; he's level ll and surprisingly the grind is practically non-existent so far.

Have both expansions/DLCs. I primarily stick to PVE and I've only done the Raids once. Username is Moonlitforce007. Feel free to add me if you're playing on PS3.
296631, WEAPON TUNING (coming in September)!!
Posted by celery77, Fri Jul-17-15 09:14 AM
Way too much text to copy over, so here's the link:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13147

Interesting read from the perspective of how a game designer attempts to tackle problems. Also, amazingly encouraging changes (I mean, do you SEE those Thorn and Gjallahorn usage numbers? I have those guns and intentionally DON'T use them just to break up the uniformity a bit, and I catch flak from other players trying to tell me I'm playing wrong all the time about it). I fired up the game last night super excited to start shooting Necrochasm and Hardlight in the Crucible (which, by the way, I've been doing just for fun lately -- if they make them actually viable? sheeeeit) before I put together that these updates don't arrive until *just* before the Taken King.

So yeah, nothing but an Etheric Light hunt at this point, and I've upgraded basically everything I want to upgrade, completed the new Exotics I wanted, don't really have any Vault space anyway -- pretty certain I'm off this game until Taken King arrives at this point.
296882, I'd love to see auto rifles improve.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Jul-29-15 05:08 PM
I just found a Suros Regime the other day.
296891, Wasn't around back then...
Posted by wallysmith, Thu Jul-30-15 09:17 AM
but apparently Suros was KING of PVP before the auto rifle nerf. Got one from Xur a long time back, would be good to see how it performs when autos get buffed again.

Recommendation: Don't upgrade the first perk until you're deeper into the XP, at least up to the second big perk, where you start dealing bonus damage. The reduction in ADS fire rate isn't worth the slightly increased damage without the rest of the gun upgraded.
296904, Oh yeah. I got killed by that gun a LOT before the nerf.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Jul-31-15 04:53 AM
Funny enough, I haven't even shot it yet since I've been so focused on light farming via the iron banner.
296946, Ugh I hate that gun on PvP
Posted by Grand_Royal, Thu Aug-06-15 10:57 AM
>I just found a Suros Regime the other day.

I let off mad shots into people, they turn around and kill me after two shots. My friends thought I was bsin' until they saw I consistently had double digit assists and half as many kills. I changed guns and it was the opposite.
296949, Yeah, now it's worthless for PvP.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Aug-06-15 05:06 PM
Back in the day tho? Man, that thing would rip you apart.

I still like it for PvE a lot with weaker bad guys.

296999, it'll be back
Posted by liveguy, Mon Aug-10-15 06:25 PM
they are buffing the AR's and I assume...

Suros Regime
Hard Light
Necrochasm
Vex Mytho

...will all be go to again once that 2.0 patch hits.

That Vex SUCKS right now even with the 'send it' perk on.....crazy to say that.
296888, Oh man, but I also just got a Gjallarhorn
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Jul-29-15 09:29 PM
too bad that's getting nerfed.
296899, I STILL dont have one.... watch they...
Posted by KnowOne, Thu Jul-30-15 02:56 PM
give me one right after it gets nerfed.
296902, Bruh, I was so happy
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Jul-30-15 06:33 PM
It was just a seemingly random PvP win in Iron Banner.

I came in first on my team and overall so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it or not.
296910, RE: Bruh, I was so happy
Posted by upUPNorth, Sun Aug-02-15 02:27 PM
a buddy of mine got his for coming in last, got matchmade into some match when it was almost over. I find the good crucible drops are either for first or last place usually, like a reward or just to help you out lol.
296927, I got a 2nd G'horn for finishing dead last in Crucible
Posted by celery77, Wed Aug-05-15 01:24 AM
scrapped the shit out of it, felt a real joy thinking how upset all the other players were.
296930, Thoughts on new leveling system?
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed Aug-05-15 08:06 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/bungie-revamping-destinys-leveling-system

Destiny will soon no longer feature the light system, which requires players to obtain special gear to level up past 20, according to Game Informer. Instead, guardians will move from level 1 to the new cap 40 through going on missions, killing enemies and completing bounties.

“The conflation of gear and character level led to this place where your identity was determined by things outside of your control,” creative director Luke Smith said. “We don’t want to do that.”

In addition, Bungie is reportedly tweaking the loot system. The shared-world shooter will do a better job examining what weapons and gear that players have already received when figuring out a new drop.
296931, That's smart. It's how it should have been. I wonder tho...
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Aug-05-15 10:12 AM
Is everybody going to start leveling from 20 once TTK drops, or if they're going to take into consideration how much XP you've gained since you hit 20 and add that on right away.

296938, thats cool and all. but just add private pvp matching already.
Posted by Aeon, Wed Aug-05-15 10:11 PM
nah i'm interested to see how that plays out. i'm pretty used to the old leveling system, but this could be good.
296950, Oh man, there's a website that shows how many hours you've played
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Aug-07-15 01:52 AM
http://wastedondestiny.com

I'm at 434...

(It doesn't even count time in the tower, reef, or orbit.)

296954, 788 :(
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri Aug-07-15 07:52 AM
3 characters no deletes
296994, 330 is not bad right?
Posted by Tw3nty, Mon Aug-10-15 12:15 PM
296995, 205. I'm probably the least efficient player
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Aug-10-15 12:37 PM
like you could've done what I've done, in 70 hours.
297000, 1822.
Posted by Aeon, Mon Aug-10-15 06:26 PM
:|

*goes outside*

297001, 67
Posted by Kira, Mon Aug-10-15 06:30 PM
I said fuck Destiny after RNG screwed me over.
297007, 612
Posted by ACRG, Mon Aug-10-15 09:02 PM
297079, 4 hours.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Aug-17-15 05:38 PM
297447, 79! surprised it's that low.
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Sep-16-15 12:41 PM
297510, 367
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Sun Sep-20-15 06:22 PM
296952, BONES OF MOTHEFUCKING EAO
Posted by wallysmith, Fri Aug-07-15 07:48 AM
PRAISE JEEXUR
296953, finally
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri Aug-07-15 07:51 AM
Weeks of Xur trolling us with trash, I can finally buy something
297003, .
Posted by ACRG, Mon Aug-10-15 08:59 PM
297004, I'm having so much fun with these
297005, .
297006, .
296992, FINALLY GOT A GJALLARHORN!!!!
Posted by liveguy, Mon Aug-10-15 11:18 AM
a month before the nerf, of course!!

F*CK!!!!

Thanks Bungie, smfh

297008, I just wish it came with wolfpack rounds already unlocked.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Aug-10-15 10:02 PM
297021, Oh, but once they are unlocked!!!!! Got DAMB!!!!
Posted by liveguy, Tue Aug-11-15 09:40 PM
297009, Nice - off of VOG?
Posted by Boogiedwn, Tue Aug-11-15 07:49 AM
297022, Yeah, man! From the exotic chest in Gorgons Maze
Posted by liveguy, Tue Aug-11-15 09:42 PM
Was playing with Nuck, Gno and them fools.

Boy....you wanna talk about a dude losing it once I saw them yellow letters come across my screen?!? Hahahahaha
297010, Im still waitng smh... watch I get it right after the Nerf.
Posted by KnowOne, Tue Aug-11-15 10:08 AM
nm
297023, they be on that exact type of bullshit, so yeah...smh
Posted by liveguy, Tue Aug-11-15 09:43 PM
At least exotics can be taken into year 2
297052, Happy day for you, huh?
Posted by liveguy, Fri Aug-14-15 11:30 AM
297104, LOL yeah guess I get to enjoy it for a month.
Posted by KnowOne, Thu Aug-20-15 09:50 AM
lol
297108, still confused by which exotics can be used in TTK
Posted by liveguy, Thu Aug-20-15 01:20 PM
I will be PISSED if they finally let folks get the Ghorn only to not let it be one of the exotics that you can upgrade in TTK.
297014, CONGRATS!
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Tue Aug-11-15 01:17 PM
297024, *daps* ....after MAAAAAAAD hours, finally part of the frat
Posted by liveguy, Tue Aug-11-15 09:44 PM
297026, great feeling firing off those wolfpack rounds the 1st time!!!
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Wed Aug-12-15 07:59 AM
297029, It's absurd how strong those are.
Posted by wallysmith, Wed Aug-12-15 09:15 AM
Once you get Skolas' HP down to the point where the second set of mines come out, two Gjallahorns (I still don't have one) are able to DPS him down before the first mine needs to be dismantled.
297030, I will enjoy this next couple weeks with it before they nerf it
Posted by liveguy, Wed Aug-12-15 12:36 PM
297031, man can someone help me get to 34 i been stuck at 32 smdh
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Wed Aug-12-15 12:51 PM
297044, Xur: Gally
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri Aug-14-15 06:09 AM
nuff said
297045, lol, it's trending on twitter.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Aug-14-15 08:05 AM
297047, so if I Crucible this weekend I might see less exotic primaries?
Posted by celery77, Fri Aug-14-15 09:08 AM
hmmmm ... tempting, but yeah, I dunno -- Smite is running double rewards all weekend, too ...
297048, RE: Smite
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri Aug-14-15 09:27 AM
How is that?

I ran the tutorial and left it alone after that
297059, Smite is dope. It's the first MOBA I've played, sucked me in good.
Posted by celery77, Fri Aug-14-15 04:24 PM
it's pretty cruel right up-front -- first few matches will make you feel helpless. I had to study up online, read some guides, research the larger dynamic of this big MOBA Conquest setup, but I enjoy being able to delve into a game like that. Then I got my legs under me and started learning a VERY small number of gods, that felt good. Then I felt I had to branch out, because if my team had a player taking a god in the role I knew, I was basically holding the team back. So I started looking up other gods, learning other playstyles. It's right that way.

I'm still VERY far off any kind of mastery, because I'm still learning the whole god roster so I can anticipate enemy strategy. Like I have my strategies down, and the common strategies of the most popular gods, but there's still tons that confuse me when I fight them. I'm able to spot weak players on my team, and team balance ends up being a BIG contributing factor, but I'm still able to have losing games where I have fun because it's tense, and honestly winning in a steam roll is a bit disappointing.

So overall very good -- the god designs are dope, the controls are consistent, the matchmaking rarely goes past 90 seconds, and there's TONS to peel back if you want to sink into it. It's been great to help me hit pause on Destiny before the Taken King comes out.
297060, oh + apparently it's all gods free-to-play this weekend, too
Posted by celery77, Fri Aug-14-15 04:26 PM
I guess it goes from "Beta" to full release on Tuesday (?), so they're doing this weekend event.
297050, UGH!!!! No wonder they gave it to me. Shoulda known.
Posted by liveguy, Fri Aug-14-15 10:44 AM
297051, LOL you know how it goes.
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Aug-14-15 11:27 AM
I'm so fuckin weak, I'm logging on to buy it right now.

still not playing tho
297053, That, I do....smh lol
Posted by liveguy, Fri Aug-14-15 11:31 AM
297054, hahaha.. reddit goes crazy
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Fri Aug-14-15 11:39 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3gyft6/xur_megathread_20150814/

297071, lol @ xur won't be back he has enough to retire.
Posted by SpaceBullets, Mon Aug-17-15 07:56 AM
297055, just bought 3, just in time for The Nerfing
Posted by Benji, Fri Aug-14-15 12:22 PM
ugh

but i got it!
297077, I HATE EVERYONE OF YOU
Posted by Kira, Mon Aug-17-15 03:45 PM
I look forward to beating you online with my legendary revolver.
297056, Soooo...now that everybody has Gallys, who wants to hard mode?
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Aug-14-15 02:29 PM
I still need to beat VoG, Crota, and PoE on hard mode for that year one Destiny thing.

I mostly understand PoE and beat levels 28 and 32 before, but I don't know shit about VoG and Crota so I would need some real help with those.

Aside from the Gally, is there any other weapon that's good to have in either? I have pretty much every other exotic as well (except raid weapons because, well, never beat a raid).
297057, RE: Soooo...now that everybody has Gallys, who wants to hard mode?
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri Aug-14-15 03:58 PM
For hard modes of Crota & VOG - any piece of exotic armor that rejuvenates your health by picking up orbs. Even if you run a gunslinger but have the third eye, wear it for the perk.

If you don't have that Red Death or Suros (they give health with kills).

In VOG have a void shotty for the Minotaur shields (Invective works well too even though it's a solar shotty) and a solar primary like the vision of confluence for the shanks shields (works well for wizards in Crota too)

297061, RE: Soooo...now that everybody has Gallys, who wants to hard mode?
Posted by upUPNorth, Fri Aug-14-15 07:02 PM
POE is the only thing I still need, made it to skolas last night, even the mines once, but lag and getting kicked made it get all weird and late, and just got frustrated. It's tougher because a weak link makes a bigger difference in a 3 man fireteam.

If you're 34 doing the raids on hard isn't that bad, i'm even good at deathsinger now. hunters can still pretty much solo the abyss in crota, the bridge can still be cheesed, and you just need a good bladedancer for crota and it can be done in no time even if you're just along for the ride.

vog can take longer, and you'd want to also have a good gun for oracles, especially if you dont have vog weapons. super good advice is good because shooting oracles dont count as hits. the relic holder parts i pretty much just know what to shoot, don't really know what's going on though.
297070, I just need to find a few more golden chests for year one.
Posted by SpaceBullets, Sun Aug-16-15 06:29 PM
297078, yes dog i need it ive been stuck on 32 nobody to run prison of elders 34 with
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Mon Aug-17-15 03:46 PM
297090, Bet! We PSN friends? If not, add me: DopeSkill
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Aug-18-15 12:31 PM
297097, Vault space will now be doubled?
Posted by liveguy, Wed Aug-19-15 02:27 PM
That's the word on the street.
297098, 72 spots for weapons
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed Aug-19-15 02:34 PM
armor spots more than double space

I'm good then, curious to see how they do the average leveling based on what you currently have and your current "level".

297100, they cover that kinda at the beginning
Posted by liveguy, Wed Aug-19-15 03:19 PM
peep the vid below
297099, TTK REVEAL (link)
Posted by liveguy, Wed Aug-19-15 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9He6Qf-wA
297103, I appreciated this 3m version (link)
Posted by celery77, Thu Aug-20-15 09:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy-v0X1R1A4

nothing too major it seems, just minor balance tweeks that won't mean all that much until we actually get into the grind and see how it feels when you play.
297107, much better
Posted by liveguy, Thu Aug-20-15 12:31 PM
cause the full version is a lot of rambling.
297109, just completed my moments of triumph!!!!!
Posted by eclipsedInI, Thu Aug-20-15 09:09 PM
WOOT WOOT!
297111, Congrats!!
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Aug-21-15 01:26 PM
297138, you in these destiny streets?
Posted by Aeon, Mon Aug-24-15 06:35 PM
lemme find out.
297273, so addicted
Posted by eclipsedInI, Mon Aug-31-15 06:31 PM
on 360 for now though

:/
297274, elder cipher....
Posted by eclipsedInI, Mon Aug-31-15 06:33 PM
just got lord of wolves

i prolly should got queenbreakers bow or the sidearm, but I saw the flaming shooter in action & it sounds/looks fun not coming at me for once

pause.
297156, Have a new game itch. Is this worth copping?
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Tue Aug-25-15 11:13 AM
Mainly would play by myself as I don't belong to clans and crap. Can I play and enjoy this by myself?

I played the trial up to level 7. Sorta blown you can digitally only buy a bundle. TTK bundle is $80 which is $20 than the physical copy listed on Amazon.

Or should I just start with a preowned copy of the base game from my local Gamestop for $20?

I'll probably play some PvP too.

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
297217, i think the taken king is gonna be real good.
Posted by Aeon, Fri Aug-28-15 09:13 AM
if you buy into the whole game (vanilla included) you've got a shit ton to be immersed in.

i'd say it's worth it, but i love the game, flaws and all.
297237, i'm going to have fun wuth the nightstalker
Posted by ACRG, Sat Aug-29-15 10:20 AM
297218, coming into this now is probably the best time
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri Aug-28-15 09:56 AM
They are fixing most of the issues with the game with The Taken King

There are a lot of things you can do without being part of a clan or group but things open up more if you are. Bungie doesn't match make for Raids/Trials of Osiris/Prisoner of Elders (higher levels)

I get Raids in with people I have met here and randomly in the tower. But I generally schedule nightfalls or Raids with groups or public games from the 100 (https://www.the100.io/)

Even if you don't join a group you can find public games to join if you see a group doing a activity you want to try.

297221, Cool. Just copped the digital version with TTK
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Fri Aug-28-15 11:20 AM
I've read all the criticism, and I don't get it. I sorta like the random weapon drops and the grinding aspects of the game. Then again, I'm a big RPG fan, so the playing a mission over and over again to get more glimmer/perks/xp/bounties/engrams doesn't cheese me off as much.

I'm level 13 right now. I've been averaging a about two levels a night when I play. Only thing I haven't touched much was the crucible, cause even with level advantages off, I'm so underpowered it's crazy. I'll dive back into that when I hit like level 20 or so.

Did my first raid a couple of nights ago and it seemed like they did match making which I liked since two other level 34 cats were with me. Plus I usually patrol and grind so when I do the story missions, I'm usually 3-4 levels above it which helps since I'm rolling solo.

Enjoying it so far, I'll try to link up with people once I get some vanguard ranks and whatnot.

>They are fixing most of the issues with the game with The
>Taken King
>
>There are a lot of things you can do without being part of a
>clan or group but things open up more if you are. Bungie
>doesn't match make for Raids/Trials of Osiris/Prisoner of
>Elders (higher levels)
>
>I get Raids in with people I have met here and randomly in the
>tower. But I generally schedule nightfalls or Raids with
>groups or public games from the 100 (https://www.the100.io/)
>
>Even if you don't join a group you can find public games to
>join if you see a group doing a activity you want to try.
>
>

cscpov.blogspot.com

-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
297222, if you're a level 13, that wasn't a raid, it was a strike
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Aug-28-15 11:48 AM
it's going to be difficult for you to assess how much you like the grindy aspects of the game until after you hit level 20.

just remember, those level 34 max guys were doing the same strike you're doing now. with you. still.

297223, You're right. It was a strike.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Fri Aug-28-15 11:52 AM
and I think it was a level 8 strike at that. lol.

cscpov.blogspot.com

-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
297241, Damn I might as well buy the whole $60 TTK package now
Posted by Lach, Sat Aug-29-15 02:52 PM
I didn't realize you couldn't get TTK standalone if you didn't already buy the expansion pass. My kids have the expansion but I don't. Well I guess I'm actually getting off $15 cheaper.
297255, POE 35
Posted by Boogiedwn, Mon Aug-31-15 09:40 AM
Fuck Skolas as a staff, record label and as a motherfucking crew

sadly going to try this shit again next weekend

297258, bro...I wasted 4 hours on that about a month ago
Posted by liveguy, Mon Aug-31-15 11:19 AM
and had to quit out due to fatigue.
297262, Tried 3 times this weekend
Posted by Boogiedwn, Mon Aug-31-15 12:32 PM
First team one person didn't have tracking rockets, hell rockets period. So that was a fail going in, but we learned the mechanics.

Second time we had to quit because one of the guys had to go to work. Stayed in the lobby and found someone to join us.

Third time I was the only one left and there was about 10% health left - I fire a gally and a Vandal steps in front of me at the same time.

297280, Last week's was actually one of the easier PoE 35s
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Tue Sep-01-15 08:07 AM
as Juggler and Brawler were the modifiers. This week's is okay (Catapult is nice, but Angry is bit annoying). Weeks with Lightswitch are probably the worst.

The Skolas fight is all about add control now. Focus on killing all the adds first, THEN DPS him slowly to control the add spawns. Rushing on DPSing him will get you overrun with adds. Just damage him slowly with your primary (I find Fang of Ir Yut to be useful for range and Third Eye to track adds), and use Found Verdict on those shielded captains that run up to you. You should save the Gjallarhorn rockets for the adds rather than trying to quickly burn Skolas. Again, it's really just important to work on timing the DPS (e.g., don't DPS him to ~33% to spawn mines until all the adds are cleared). You also have to learn when it's time to rotate, and communication/timing is important on passing around taint/poison.

I stopped doing PoE 35 not because of Skolas himself (the fight isn't bad once you figure out the mechanics), but all the rounds leading up to him are a chore, and PoE as a whole is really unrewarding and not worth the time investment. The only useful rewards from PoE are Her Benevolence and Amethysts, and you don't even need to do the higher level PoEs for them.
297281, Getting to Skolas wasn't an issue
Posted by Boogiedwn, Tue Sep-01-15 08:41 AM
We didn't do a good job of add-control before the mines started. We didn't know when the mines were triggered but we should be good now, having seen the tips that are out there.

I might try it with the strictly camp on the right side strat next time. Having one guy being the roamer to flank (preferably a hunter).

The rotation method was ok, but from the message boards and videos I have seen this goes much quicker with the right side strategy.

297327, so hard, I beat it though, gotta wait that bitch out....
Posted by eclipsedInI, Fri Sep-04-15 01:57 PM
even with max gally he's hard is fuck
297350, Finally finished
Posted by Boogiedwn, Tue Sep-08-15 08:36 AM
Thanks for the assist Liveguy

Not doing that shit again
297355, no doubt, kid
Posted by liveguy, Tue Sep-08-15 11:57 AM
MAN.....I am with you on that.

Wont be doing that EVER again lol
297256, Just reached lvl 24. Man, this grind is real...........
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Mon Aug-31-15 10:47 AM
Like, I hear people say they've gotten legendary drops running bullshit patrols in the Cosmodrome, but I haven't nearly gotten that.

I still largely suck at crucible, but I'm getting better. My main problem is my gun sucks. Only does 240-something damage when most people in Crucible now are running around with exotics and legendaries in the 300+ damage range.

What faction or marks should I try first in order to get a legendary or exotic. I mean, I play control and clash to get my crucible rep up, but damn is it slow going. So is leveling my Vanguard rank.

Fock! I really hope this TTK dlc fixes the things it's supposed to.

Also sorta blown cause I preordered Mad Max and MGSV which should be here tomorrow. I see sick leave being used soon.

cscpov.blogspot.com

-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
297257, use that Strangers Rifle in regular Crucible
Posted by liveguy, Mon Aug-31-15 11:18 AM
It wrecks.
297259, the other factions aren't faster to rank up
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Aug-31-15 11:30 AM
they're just different

I have no idea who has the better weapons now tho

297269, faction guns are not the bizness
Posted by liveguy, Mon Aug-31-15 04:48 PM
at least not in year 1 destiny.

The end game content guns are where it's at, so homie gotta start Raiding to get the good isht!
297278, I lucked out so much that the ONE time I finished Vault of GLass
Posted by Nodima, Tue Sep-01-15 12:24 AM
and by finished I mean stayed dead and watched five other dudes whoop its ass, I got a Vision of Confluence. I had fun, but I hated feeling useless and didn't like that they weren't people I know and talk to in real life so I haven't felt the itch to get back into it (or the true Prison of Elders fights).

but man was Vision of Confluence a great second primary when I needed fire damage.

~~~~~~~~~
297282, Crucible stats are normalized and Strike Playlists are your friend
Posted by celery77, Tue Sep-01-15 09:28 AM
honetly, juts do Strike Playlists at your level, then immediately hop up to the next level when you have the gear, and that will likely be the most effective way to gear up. Either that or find a crew that can carry you through the Crota Raid (which can easily be 3-manned, 4 competent players will cruise).

But yeah, Strike Playlists. And gun stats don't matter in Crucible, although until Sept. 8th two exotics (Last Word and Thorn) are horribly broken and dominate all matches, all gear, all maps. They're lame as fuck.
297283, Noted. But have a question about crucible....
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Tue Sep-01-15 10:32 AM
I definitely want to get in more time on Strike playlists.

I have no idea how to find people to raid, but I'll review this thread.

But are all stats on crucible normalized? Cause I swear I caught a level 34 in my crosshairs and emptied my clip into his dome and dude just turned around and shot me with two bursts (pulse rifle?) and I was dead.

All the armor and gun stats are normalized? Doesn't seem like it, but that could just be me sucking at the moment. I swear I get shot twice from a hand cannon and I'm a goner.

cscpov.blogspot.com

-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
297285, as long as it's not Iron Banner, level doesn't mean anything
Posted by celery77, Tue Sep-01-15 12:41 PM
Damage in the crucible is determined solely by the Impact stat. However big the Impact bar is, that's the damage the gun does in the Crucible. Now, certain weapon types are unbalanced and dominate at the moment. A very high % of players have rolled shotguns that have game-breaking range, and thus shotgun kills outpace all but a few primary weapons in Crucible. Last Word and Thorn are obscenely broken and used at all times by like a quarter of all players, hops up to 40-50% in Iron Banner. If you're using an auto rifle, good luck. The gun class is just busted in the Crucible. The good news is Sept. 8th they're. FINALLY tweaking it so hopefully some balance returns.

Now for Iron Banner -- that's the one Crucible mode where level counts. You can't really compete there if you're below 33. But yeah, besides that balance is shot to shit and the Crucible is cruel if you don't know how to game it.
297315, On top of what celery said...
Posted by wallysmith, Thu Sep-03-15 12:41 PM
the real disadvantage from lower levelled weapons are the lack of perks. You can have a white or blue gun that has the same impact as the next guy, but if he has stability/reload/precision/etc. perks, then you're working uphill.

That being said, you don't NEED those nicer guns if you're legit at Crucible. My buddy was levelling up an alt through Crucible, and he was on top of the leaderboard almost every round as a sub-level 10 Hunter using only white weapons/armor. Of course, he's got hundreds of hours in the game, plays with keyboard/mouse and is a gangster at Crucible, so he's got all that going for him, lol
297316, he plays with a mouse?
Posted by Aeon, Thu Sep-03-15 03:29 PM
ew
297318, Headshots all day n/m
Posted by wallysmith, Thu Sep-03-15 04:36 PM
297300, so the new raid "King's Fall" comes out 9/18
Posted by liveguy, Wed Sep-02-15 03:29 PM
Surprised it's coming that quick...

Figured they would wait a couple weeks
297303, honestly kind of disappointing, I wanted a leisurely grind
Posted by celery77, Wed Sep-02-15 06:28 PM
This means if I'm not level 40 by Friday (like every other member of my clan is basically certain to be) I might miss out on getting the fresh raid in with them. And that early morning release? Sheeeeit, I'mma log on after work with some friends having been in it all day, gonna have to collect verbal commits on a raid group that won't start until I log on. I mean a Friday release is dope, but just like NEXT Friday. I was really wanting Taken Kong to be a longer stroll than the quick sprints the last few DLCs have been.
297314, recipe for quick burnout, releasing it so quick
Posted by liveguy, Thu Sep-03-15 12:30 PM
Either that, or that Raid gonna be EXTRA hard and they know it.

They shoulda waited at least a week on that.

Immo need to get my gear up before I even attempt that Raid.
297418, Taken King release day
Posted by Boogiedwn, Tue Sep-15-15 07:33 AM
Not gonna be able to really play till tomorrow but from what I have seen story is more in depth so far.
297419, Level 40 on my Warlock
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Sep-15-15 09:11 AM
Now I gotta just do that two more times. lol.
297420, How was it?
Posted by Paps_Smear, Tue Sep-15-15 09:17 AM
I know you're hardcore into Destiny. Feel like I want a to dive back into a multiplayer co-op game, took a lot of time off from it and wanted to know if its worth it to get back into this or is it more of the same thing?
297429, I was feeling some kind of way about dropping 40 more bucks...
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Tue Sep-15-15 01:56 PM
...until this morning lol. Worth it in my opinion and I'm as casual a gamer as they come.

Didn't get a chance to play with a fireteam but I can imagine the gameplay getting real hectic with the new subclasses. Orbs for days...
297434, I've liked what I've played so far
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Sep-15-15 03:34 PM
but I don't think I'm even done with all the story missions. There's a nice chunk of content.

This being enough to bring you back to the game probably depends on what made you take time away from it, and when exactly you stopped.

If you "beat" the game, got the rifle from that robot and stopped, you'll probably get a lot out of buying the version that comes with everything.

I'd say maybe buy that disc and then if you don't like it you can always trade it in.
297428, The story mission to unlock your warlock's stormcaller is EPIC
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Tue Sep-15-15 01:51 PM
My main character is a hunter and his mission really, really pales in comparison
BUT playing as a nightstalker seems like it'll grow on me.

Really digging the cut scenes and missions so far.

Did NOT get my suros arsenal pack (got the elblem and shader) but
honestly I'm not too bothered. I turned in an engram and got the
Hard light exotic auto rifle which I like better than the suros
regime I already have.

I'm a level 37 with my warlock, 35 with my hunter.

Cannot way to play more later this evening.

>Now I gotta just do that two more times. lol.
297433, I didn't get the suros guns either!
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Sep-15-15 03:32 PM
I did get an emblem that turned into Monte Carlo, which is cool because I missed that gun.

Hard light is very cool since the update.

297450, Ok, they're with the Vanguard Quartermaster
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Sep-16-15 08:34 PM
Turns out you have to buy them. They aren't all that useful now.
297508, Yeah, I don't even know how to choose my weapons anymore...
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Sun Sep-20-15 05:14 PM
... with these new guns and stats.
297442, Up to level 38 and I'm improving in Crucible.....
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Wed Sep-16-15 10:48 AM
Maxed out my void walker subclass. Was working on the Sunsinger then TTK dropped. The lightning joint is pretty darn cool. Good missions so far. Still working on the earth missions.

Getting better in crucible. Enough that I usually pick up the bounties for having x amount of individual score.

My TTK bonuses were a crucible and vanguard commendation, new scooter, some new emblem and an armor shader. Got access to the Suros weapons with my vanguard level up and the new auto rifle is the business. Just gotta improve my aim to chest/head area to get more kills.

I usually play control or 6v6 PvP so I can get assists and capture points. Drops are getting better. Got at least two legendary weapons last night. Can't wait for the weekend cause I'm dripping with motes of light and strange coins to give to Xur.

Disappointed the Eris Morn and Petra bounties are now folded into TTK cause I wanted to rank up those factions, but I guess it'll unfold with the new story.

I'm sorta addicted.

cscpov.blogspot.com

-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
297448, RE: Up to level 38 and I'm improving in Crucible.....
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Wed Sep-16-15 01:10 PM
>Disappointed the Eris Morn and Petra bounties are now folded
>into TTK cause I wanted to rank up those factions, but I guess
>it'll unfold with the new story.

Pretty much anything Hive related will give you Eris-rep. Not sure about Reef-rep, but there's a lengthy Reef-based Taken War questline.
297446, hopped back in last night after being level 28 for like a year
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Sep-16-15 12:39 PM
tryna get up to 40 before next week and max out that third tree on my hunter (however long that takes).

soon as i logged in last night i got my first gold weapon tho, after being shut out for eons. i died laughing.
297449, I'm finally getting back into this. I'm rank 8 lol. My kids in the 30s
Posted by Lach, Wed Sep-16-15 03:24 PM
WTF
297451, I have to pay $40?
Posted by Tw3nty, Wed Sep-16-15 08:49 PM
I bought the $100 thing in the beginning...that doesn't cover all the expansions?
297453, You paid an extra $40 for two expansions.
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Sep-16-15 09:46 PM
This $40 expansion changes the game more than those other two did combined, tho.
297474, RE: You paid an extra $40 for two expansions.
Posted by Tw3nty, Thu Sep-17-15 05:35 PM
And I'm still gonna have shitty guns and armor once I pay. Damn.
297475, Yeah...prolly.
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Sep-17-15 06:16 PM
Actually, this is my first time playing in months and I'm getting hella new shit and upgrading quick.
297516, Yeah I'm torn, improve the experience or stop the bleeding
Posted by Grand_Royal, Mon Sep-21-15 09:41 AM
Early adopters getting shat on. They were selling the game and DLC for $60 at Gamestop.

I got burned out a few months ago, after maxing out at 34. It's probably worth it, but I'm worried, I'll pay more than I have for a single game and I've only played it sparingly for the last year. Meanwhile, I've played 1,000s of hours of 2K.
297518, Forget that I complained, it's well worth it.
Posted by Tw3nty, Mon Sep-21-15 03:38 PM
297454, Cayde-6 is killin me
Posted by ACRG, Wed Sep-16-15 10:28 PM
297509, Him and unintentionally funny Eris have me rolling.
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Sun Sep-20-15 05:15 PM
297512, Just now getting into double-digit rank.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sun Sep-20-15 11:57 PM
I think I wanna start a new character, though.
297513, New raid is fun.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Mon Sep-21-15 07:39 AM
I like the platforming stuff, and there are nice mechanics to the fights. Timing and coordination are more important than previous raids.
297514, RE: New raid is fun.
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Mon Sep-21-15 08:11 AM
Yeah; I still have beaten Oryx himself, as my squad was too low on light, but the raid is great. Though I think they could have a scaled back on platforming puzzles and given one more non-boss combat scenario like pre-Warpriest.
297519, The visual design of the new guns is fucking amazing.
Posted by Tw3nty, Mon Sep-21-15 03:40 PM
Minimalism done right.
297520, 1 year later and now I'm having the time of my life with this
Posted by Lach, Mon Sep-21-15 04:50 PM
Man playing missions with my 11 and 14 year old is insane. They're so much better than me in this but it's fun co-oping with them. But they can't play games during school days so we can't play together again till Friday. It's funny as hell because we all have headsets but instead of using them all you hear is yelling from room to room in the house. My wife just starts walking around and closing doors to force us to use our headsets. lol
297528, I was playing with one of my XBL friends over the weekend
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Sep-22-15 10:55 AM
never met this dude, but he and his wife were in a group of people I met playing rallisport 2 late at night on the OG Xbox and I still play with most of em from time to time.

he was like oh yeah btw, the people in our party, that's my son and daughter.

when we started playing together, they were always having to take breaks to put the kids to bed or get them something if they woke up etc, cuz they were like 3 and 4 then, now there' like 14 or 15, playing with us, and are better than us at the game.

it's incredible

297533, yeah time flies. I use to play NFL 2K5 with my son on my lap as a baby
Posted by Lach, Tue Sep-22-15 03:13 PM
I'd be trying to keep quiet while he slep cuz Hotep and that damn Clinton Portis was running all over me. lol. Now my son and daughter running multiplayer with me. Don't know where the time went.
297596, my 2 boys are close.
Posted by ne_atl, Sun Sep-27-15 10:49 AM
At 6 and 8 they can play any shooter I put in from of them, but the violence is why they stick to Splatoons until age 10.

298620, OMG HOTEP AND FUCKING PORTIS *throws controller*
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Dec-30-15 12:03 PM

297526, Destiny so good right now!! its like a new game!!!
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Tue Sep-22-15 10:39 AM
297531, Yep
Posted by Boogiedwn, Tue Sep-22-15 01:43 PM
Lot's to do and is still challenging

297563, yeah its insane im luvin it
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Sep-24-15 09:01 AM
297529, Maaan, the differing exotics and legendaries are a blower....
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Tue Sep-22-15 11:30 AM
So I got an exotic hand cannon called the Last Word. When I got it, it's overall power was 160. I see the blueprint in the tower, but the Exotic there is 280.

So will my exotic level up that far once I unlock all the perks? It's kinda hard cause doing the later missions with a 160 gun of any type is nuts.

Same with my legendary auto rifle. The one I have started at like 220, but i've infused it with other weapons up to 264. But when I see the same rifle at the faction quartermaster, it's a full 280. But I doubt I can get mine there cause mine is fully upgraded. Blown.

Anyways, I need more exotic drops and great weapons. Just switched allegiance from Dead Orbit to FWC cause I want their hand cannon. I don't have not one 280 or up weapon yet, and I really need one. I'm getting carried on strikes by better players, and some of these level 40 missions are impossible to solo with what I have now.

cscpov.blogspot.com

-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
297534, since you have "discovered" the Last Word...
Posted by liveguy, Tue Sep-22-15 03:24 PM
In order to get the 280 version, you have to spend like 150 legendary marks and a Exotic shard to get the newer TTK version.

That 260 Legendary can be infused to become stronger...

It's like 3 legendary marks and a stronger weapon of the same class (primary, special or heavy)

So your 260 can become a 280 or 300, etc, as long as you use a stronger weapon to upgrade it.

Ive seen blues in the 290's and even 300's so just use those to infuse into the 260 guns (or armor) and you can up it's light (strength)
297537, Sunbreaker > Stormcaller > Nightstalker
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Sep-23-15 04:12 AM
At least for PvE so far. I haven't unlocked every perk but that one that lets your melee and grenades recharge faster (Simmering Flames) is so great compared to all the other stuff on other classes.

Nightstalker seems weakest and I've been dying more a lot using mine.

Everybody is level 40 now so I just need more guns.
297538, I've been using my hunter to farm for materials
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed Sep-23-15 07:49 AM
Unlocked that "Keen Scout" perk which shows the location of chests and materials on your mini map.

I haven't upgraded the entire attack tree so yeah early on the nightstalker is kinda weak.
297541, damn, thats why i need that Hakke Test-A pulse rifle...
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Wed Sep-23-15 08:11 AM
297544, Enjoying this a lot more now
Posted by Paps_Smear, Wed Sep-23-15 09:09 AM
This expansion is exactly what this game needed. It feels so much fresher and complete than it did before. I burned out playing it before, knocking out raids quickly, getting the best gear. The lack of a ton of end game content made me not want to play after beasting through it.

Copped the expansion because I was in need of a co-op game to satisfy my itch for multiplayer and I'm really enjoying what they've done so far. Trying to talk some other friends into picking it up just so we have something to do.

The light system is better, the way gear drops and how it is used is better. Kinda feels like this is how it should have been from the start. Trying to build my light up to a point where I can do some of the heroic stuff. Sounds like bungie got their shit together for this.
297554, I didn't even realize I missed this game.
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Sep-23-15 05:04 PM
I hadn't played at all in 2015 until last week, and I just fell right back in. Almost like I never stopped playing.

The mechanics are comfort food, man. The RPG aspects of the game may still be shallow, but does it even matter? It just feels so good to shoot things in the glowing parts and watch them explode.

All the critics, including my hating ass initially, got this shit wrong.
297557, nahhh, the critics had it right.
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-15 12:35 AM
I mean, I don't know what reviews you read. but its mechanics were never really questioned.

it's EVERYTHING ELSE.

they fixed the most busted parts of progression, and have added enough content to make it feel like a world

297559, Does everything else even matter, tho?
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Sep-24-15 01:47 AM
It looks so pretty and it feels so guuuuuuuuud
297567, says the guy who hasn't been playing for a year
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-15 04:22 PM

297568, haha
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Sep-24-15 04:55 PM
297561, what the hell is going on in the Saturn patrol??? Crazy!!!!
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Thu Sep-24-15 08:34 AM
...not even sure where i was, but these huge public events kept spawning over and over ..had to fight what looked like Crota during one of them ..some events were +300 recommended light so i had to just hide behind a rock and watch.
297564, what's the light max?
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Sep-24-15 02:01 PM
297565, Max is believed to be 310
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Thu Sep-24-15 03:52 PM
Mini-Crota is this week's "Antiquated Rune" summon in the Court of Oryx.
297620, yeah..that baby Crota patrol mission is funny
Posted by liveguy, Tue Sep-29-15 06:56 PM
brings back memories..

They even play the Crota music for it. lol
297797, Yeah i just did it today lol
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Oct-15-15 10:34 AM
297595, Glad Taken King is popping for so many
Posted by Nodima, Sun Sep-27-15 09:04 AM
But I've got NBA 2K prioritized for this month, still have at least three weeks of Metal Gear to look forward to, and I bought the Witcher 3's full season pass blindly based on the hype only to get distracted from it around 20 hours in by Batman and news that patches were changing almost every detail about the game's menus/movement, so my plan's been to get back to that game (from the very beginning) once the first big expansion drops next month.

I'd love to play some Destiny that feels fresh and new, but honestly when I jumped in for a little bit the week prior to Taken King I felt like the changes were a lot to take in and didn't spend much time with it at all. Plus I played Destiny in three-to-five week binges from its release onward so I'm sort of enjoying the break from it, especially since I don't have raids or high-level content as an end goal so it's truly just a podcast, shoot 'em and loot 'em hobby type experience for me.

~~~~~~~~~
297598, This is exactly how I play Destiny:
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Sep-27-15 11:43 AM
>Plus I played Destiny
>in three-to-five week binges from its release onward so I'm
>sort of enjoying the break from it, especially since I don't
>have raids or high-level content as an end goal so it's truly
>just a podcast, shoot 'em and loot 'em hobby type experience
>for me.

I've played the entire game solo, usually while listening to a podcast, and I never got to do a raid because fuck friends.

And I binged when it dropped and now I'm binging on the Taken King. Soon as my light level stalls out I'll move on, but I'm at +250 and climbing now so CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP.
297619, Rock Band 4 probably bout to take my house by storm next week
Posted by Lach, Tue Sep-29-15 06:48 PM
297611, honestly? I'm not even sure how much I wanna Raid this week
Posted by celery77, Tue Sep-29-15 09:25 AM
I killed Oryx last week and gotdamn, that shit ain't easy. Got some decent stuff for it (a handcannon and an artifact), wrapped up some quest lines, but towards the end I was really wanting to quit if I'm being honest. I'm hoping things are smoother this week as some of the earlier bosses should be more dialed in for players, but if the fight against Oryx ends up running across multiple nights, I think I'mma just go back to having actual fun in Strikes. The gear is good, but I play for the play, not the items...
297612, Really depends on your team and their skill, familiarity, and light.
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Tue Sep-29-15 09:55 AM
I've done it several times, and with a "bad" team it can take longer than I'd like, but with a solid team I can finish in an hour or less.
297617, yup, I'm 302 light now, might have to be an elitist prick this week
Posted by celery77, Tue Sep-29-15 02:52 PM
Because I'm not clearing my schedule to wipe on the same boss for a few hours after last week.
297651, team options tho.......
Posted by Tw3nty, Thu Oct-01-15 06:18 PM
If I don't run with you and Aeon, I'm pretty much solo...lol
297684, lol we gotta catch each other online soon
Posted by Aeon, Sun Oct-04-15 05:21 PM
297613, Honestly that's how it should be at first
Posted by Paps_Smear, Tue Sep-29-15 12:59 PM
With major bosses taking multiple times and maybe multiple nights to clear.

Shit, in WoW, we wouldn't be able to down a whole raid in a day, or even a week for that matter. It was all about getting through what you could, and then gearing up from the bosses that you could kill to finally bring down the end boss.

Now this isn't on the same scale as a WoW raid, but that's some of my best times in gaming getting to accomplish such a feat with my closest guild mates. You build a special bond after so many wipes to a boss.

Maybe I'm just masochistic though lol.

Oh, and while I'm at it.
Since I just got back into Destiny what is the fastest way you got your light levels up? Trying to hop into the raid soon but haven't had much time to play as I'd like. Sitting around 235 light now I believe.
297614, probably strikes
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Sep-29-15 01:24 PM
although I'm not far past you in light, at like 245 now.

I went form 195 to 230 in a few hours of strike playlists

297615, strike playlist (36)
Posted by liveguy, Tue Sep-29-15 01:32 PM
once you get to 260, start doing the heroic strike playlist.

Before you have the Cryptarch decode anything make sure your gear is maxed out as possible on light level.

Should get you up slowly but surely.
297616, yeah, and I went through my suffering wholeheartedly
Posted by celery77, Tue Sep-29-15 02:49 PM
But by the end of it, I was burnt. I was obsessed with clearing it till I got it, didn't play anything else but the Raid till it was dine, by now that's behind me I kinda only want to go in for a quickie this week. Like if I'm having to explain to dudes why snipers are mandatory, I'mma just bounce out and farm spinmetal instead.
297624, i've been pretty fortunate in getting my light levels up.
Posted by Aeon, Tue Sep-29-15 09:53 PM
i didnt get to play at all for a good week after taken king dropped, so i've been playing catch up, finally got all my characters (3) above 250 light, my highest being around 274 at the time of this post. even still, the heroic strikes are STILL a bitch - that fucking echo chamber strike was a pain (didnt even finish, playing with randoms and we wiped at the boss so they just dipped).

does it get easier at 290+ ???

297627, Strike difficulty scales to LL
Posted by Auk_The_Blind, Tue Sep-29-15 10:37 PM
Heroic Echo Chamber is always a pain in the ass, though most of the journey can be abbreviated with Sealed Ahamkara + Invisibility Bombs.
297625, i've been pretty fortunate in getting my light levels up.
Posted by Aeon, Tue Sep-29-15 09:53 PM
i didnt get to play at all for a good week after taken king dropped, so i've been playing catch up, finally got all my characters (3) above 250 light, my highest being around 274 at the time of this post. even still, the heroic strikes are STILL a bitch - that fucking echo chamber strike was a pain (didnt even finish, playing with randoms and we wiped at the boss so they just dipped).

does it get easier at 290+ ???

297643, once you get to 280+ Heroics become breezy
Posted by liveguy, Thu Oct-01-15 01:02 PM
What I have noticed is this is year 1 forever 29 all over again...

You can get to 290 by doing strikes, but once you get to 290+ in order to get to 300+ you have to start raiding

Just like how it was in pre Dark Below Destiny.
297628, The amount of hidden quests on the dreadnaught is really impressing me.
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Wed Sep-30-15 12:14 AM
The level design on that in general is stellar and it genuinely creeps me the fuck out - in a good way.

I'm about to hit light level 287 with my warlock; I've barely touched my hunter since taken king dropped.
I haven't done any raiding and don't really intend to. I've been raising my light by infusing my gear with
higher powered guns and armor that I dislike. Legendary marks are a bit harder to come by than useless gear
but it's working so far by knocking out the daily heroic and taking a couple shots at the Heroic Strike playlist
(which IS a bitch).

Just now got my first year 2 exotic - "Boolean Gemini" from Petra after wiping out the last of the wolves
(SPOILERS...and the giant ass septics prime they made their new god/kell). It shoots really,REALLY cleanly
(like, no recoil at all). Sometimes my aim sucks and this gun has a perk that rewards that so I'm happy.

297682, ps or xb1?
Posted by Aeon, Sun Oct-04-15 05:20 PM
297687, PS3 - Moonlitforce007
Posted by Moonlit_Force, Sun Oct-04-15 09:47 PM
I think I may have deleted an okp by accident cleaning out my friends list.
I'm not entirely sure he was from OKP but he hit me up coincidentally after
I posted my PSN in this thread.

If you or anyone else here hit me up, just give me a bit of context as to how I "know" you lol

It'd be great to play with more grown folks!
297683, ..
Posted by Aeon, Sun Oct-04-15 05:20 PM
297673, I had no Idea i'd have so much fun running Defender in Mayhem
Posted by ACRG, Sat Oct-03-15 10:49 AM
bubbles everywhere!
297674, The whole Crucible should be Mayhem.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Oct-03-15 11:09 AM
297681, lol HELL nah
Posted by Aeon, Sun Oct-04-15 05:18 PM
297685, haha man, i just be spamming grenades all day in mayhem
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Oct-04-15 05:22 PM
it's so stupid. i love it.
297686, I wasn't feeling Shadowshot until I unlocked Quiver.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Oct-04-15 05:32 PM
That shit basically turns into a Golden Gun that anchors niggas if you miss. So crucial.
297798, man, that shit pisses me off....
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Thu Oct-15-15 12:22 PM
...that's the purple bubble that basically makes you slow as molasses so mofo's or their teammates can pick you off?

Man I hate that shit.

Then again, I'd probably love to use it. I only have a warlock character. Thinking of starting a Hunter.

cscpov.blogspot.com

-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
297799, It's so troll-ish. But that's the hunter's consolation prize
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Oct-15-15 02:10 PM
since the other two classes got HELLA BETTER supers in The Taken King.

That lightning shit the Warlocks got? So cheap. The solar hammer shit for the Titans? Almost as bad.
297833, RE: It's so troll-ish. But that's the hunter's consolation prize
Posted by teppishx3, Tue Oct-20-15 01:37 PM
That's funny because I think that the Titan's super is now the better one out of the three new supers... If you have decent distance, you're vulnerable and even if you're close, people can still get you...
297835, Making VOG relevant again
Posted by Boogiedwn, Tue Oct-20-15 02:25 PM
You need to kill Atheon as part of the quest line for the "No time to Explain" exotic rifle

Step 1: turn in praedyths ghost (from the daily mission today Paradox)

Step 2: Join FWC

Step 3: give them rep (about 50 motes worth)

Step 4: Kill a major or ultra taken Minotaur

Step 5: dismantle core

Step 6: talk to FWC

Step 7: kill atheon

Step 9: dismantle eye

Step 10: talk to FWC

Step 11: find a chest on the twilight gap mission

Step 12: talk to FWC

Step 13: kill taken groundskeeper in black garden ( must keep anger above 100% or it will despawn, does not regain health.

Step 14: get gun from FWC
297848, Jeez, that's a lot of work
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Oct-22-15 04:28 AM
297841, anyone done the black spindle secret mission?
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Wed Oct-21-15 05:30 PM
its in a daily
insane amts of adds
298583, RE: anyone done the black spindle secret mission?
Posted by upUPNorth, Sun Dec-27-15 06:02 PM
i've tried it once, never succeeded, i loved my black hammer too.

i was lower light than the two i joined, it actually seemed like they made it tougher if you have a full fireteam, so i might've brought them down.

i need to get a fireteam now that i have the last step of the sleeper simulant mission. it took FOREVER to get that mars warsat, i danced my ass off.

now that i'm playing other games though, i don't know if i'll ever find a fireteam rhythm with my schedule again, couldn't even race enough to get myself 320 helmets.
298581, I'm mad that I just started playing this
Posted by Mafamaticks, Sun Dec-27-15 01:49 PM
for real. Are y'all still on this?
298618, What system are you on?
Posted by Boogiedwn, Wed Dec-30-15 11:14 AM
298631, PS4
Posted by Mafamaticks, Thu Dec-31-15 05:55 PM
I started out with a Hunter, but imo that class is only cool when you have other teammates. I'm up to like lvl 30 with the Hunter and just restarted as a Titan.
298619, Im mad that I barely play it now.
Posted by Nodima, Wed Dec-30-15 11:37 AM
you understand, up through the first expansion, I found time to do every daily bounty and heroic quest/strike with all three of my characters, had them at the level cap, and was perfectly fine just running through content is done dozens of times three times per day with no goal of Raiding in mind and this virtually no rewards for MONTHS?

I even ran through House of Wolves' content with all three and binged the match made dungeons for a little bit with all three. I still haven't finished all the vanilla missions in this latest expansion with my Titan main, and haven't ran one of the strikes or hit level 41.

This shit is beyond excellent and I'm too into my 2K franchise and other random stuff to find time. Ugh.

~~~~~~~~~
298722, I play Destiny with this Jersey white dude
Posted by Mafamaticks, Thu Jan-28-16 04:58 PM
that casually drops nigga every now and then.

But fuck it. Gotta get these exotics.

Anybody doing the daily? There's an exotic scout rifle that's up for grabs.
298730, Haha, I didn't realize that was him until after he said he was white
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Jan-29-16 02:30 PM
I'ma check him on that but ass shit next time he does it tho.
298731, lol
Posted by Mafamaticks, Fri Jan-29-16 02:45 PM
I met dude like a week ago

I had 2 dickhead dudes before him that I cussed out and cut off. I then realized how hard it is to get dudes to run shit with you cause everybody is normally doing their own shit.

I eventually said fuck it cause dude helped me run a lot of quests and I don't fuck with that nigga outside of Destiny. But he's a fucking dick. Good teammate tho. I might cut him off after I get the Black Spindle

299485, Stormcaller feels overpowered
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Apr-14-16 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpuLFnJDyg

I mean, I'm not complaining, but jeez. Between the super and the melee it's like you're a one man wrecking crew.
299487, it's ridiculous anytime Mayhem Clash or Mayhem Rumble
Posted by Boogiedwn, Thu Apr-14-16 07:19 AM
are in the playlist

sidenote - I'm enjoying this new update so far
299496, Yeah, I fuck with it
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Apr-14-16 09:50 PM
PoE was one of my favorites. Just need to find two people to run the level 42 one (damn bungie and their lack of matchmaking).
299498, holla at me, haven't run it yet.
Posted by Aeon, Thu Apr-14-16 11:30 PM
>PoE was one of my favorites. Just need to find two people to
>run the level 42 one (damn bungie and their lack of
>matchmaking).
299502, Hit me up
Posted by Mafamaticks, Fri Apr-15-16 02:59 PM
I gotta make sure I'm strong enough cause I haven't had a chance to get on it like that since the update.
299488, If you don't have a team that can call it out and team shoot it then RIP
Posted by Mafamaticks, Thu Apr-14-16 10:19 AM
299490, lmao @ dude about to do titan smash and got WRECKED
Posted by liveguy, Thu Apr-14-16 02:40 PM
Bungie is so silly...

They nerf one thing just to make another thing OP every update.

Just wish they would admit they effed up and only allow supers and perks in PvE because there is ABSOLUTELY no way to balance out a game with perks like these in a PvP setting.
299495, lol, yeah. I was like "fuck, fist of panic I'm dead"
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Apr-14-16 09:47 PM
Guess he was *just* weak enough from the fusion shots
299607, FINALLY got a Hawkmoon!
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Apr-30-16 03:15 AM
I missed it last time Xur sold it and it never ever dropped for me.

This thing is making me love hand cannons again. It absolutely shreds in PvP.
299629, it's a good gun for sure
Posted by liveguy, Tue May-03-16 12:02 PM
two bonus damage bullets per clips.

Gotta love it.
299698, I finally got the Last Word
Posted by Mafamaticks, Fri May-13-16 02:06 PM
I was begging RNG for this gun. I don't even know how to use it. It get 2-3 shot with it in PVP but I waste a whole clip in someone and they don't go down.

I feel like Ralph with a red ryder
299857, OH WERD?!?! (link)
Posted by liveguy, Thu Jun-09-16 03:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfDWAoyn3rQ