Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectWhat I gather: we still got 'Ultras' and a Revenge meter.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=293816&mesg_id=293998
293998, What I gather: we still got 'Ultras' and a Revenge meter.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-14-14 02:05 AM
Mike Ross combo'd into an "Ultra" from a crouching MK. It was a Shinku Hadoken.

The EX bar varies in length between characters like 3rd Strike.

Ryu's meter gave him two EX moves, but it's short and fills quick. Chun's meter gave her three EXes.

Full meter doesn't give you a Super Art tho. It just allows you to trigger that elemental mode. I'm not sure exactly what that mode does, though. Aside from the extra special specials we saw from the trailer. Not sure what the rules of duration are.

This is just a guess, but I think if you do an Ultra while that mode is triggered you probably get an enhanced version. I say this because the Shinku Hadoken that Mike Ross threw had the same cinematic as the Denjin Hadoken from the trailer, minus all the electricity. I bet if he was activated it would have been a Denjin.

No focus attacks, obviously.

No sign of parries either, though. Unless I missed something.

There's no guard gauge like Alpha 3, but Ryu at least can guard crush when his arms are electric. It might be character specific. He had all kinds of weird stagger moves. I don't think we've seen Chun guard crush yet.

Some counter hits make a special chime sound. Most counter hits do not. I don't know what that's about at all.

Stage transitions only appear to happen at the end of rounds and not mid-match. THANK GOD.