Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectStarted agin, same results
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=293239&mesg_id=302345
302345, Started agin, same results
Posted by handle, Fri Jun-09-17 12:17 PM
50% of the time the match goes as expected.

50% one team DOMINATES HARD. I'm rarely on that team.

I was on a team last night that could NOT get past the choke on Eichenwalde.

As a DVA main I can block projectiles and give DPS or just people with weapons that fire a long distance - cover to duck in out - or to help set up speedy charters to get behind choke and help from there. And when we push I can shield or bump the enemy out of position.

Well NONE of that happens - NONE. We got 2 snipers, both who don't setup on high ground and just keep walking into death. I swap to Zen after a while think a discord to help others kill the people easier- it's just the team is not pushing the point - they are ducking in/out door ways even when we kill enemies so we never have a numbers advantage.

Then chat starts with "Hey, I got a GOLD so I'm not switching.' I look and they have a Gold with 1 elimination. 1.

Pathetic. I switch back to DVA and flank and get on point like 5 times - each time drawing half of the enemy team to me - but for some reason my team NEVER - I mean NEVER EVER makes it past the choke. Like when the see the enemy run away they don't push in - they immediately instead bring up their stats and see if they have more golds.

When we are on defense I see we have a Rhein (good), Symettra (can be good) - two snipers and a mercy. I stay DVA because I can provide shields - but shields for what? A single McCree? Attack Mercy? And two lame ass snipers who are in the center of the choke but back - so they can be easily shot at most angles? Plus SYM sets-up turrets where they are protected - her job is to get her first turrets killed immediately and then place new protected ones - it builds her ult much faster that way.

I predict we all die quickly and never make it back on point by the time they capture the 1/8th that they need. That's exactly what happens - plus I lot of people telling me I'm 'salty" and hey - you didn't kill 80 people so shut up. I'm like - that's not DVA's role - a DVA going 1v6 is dead against 99.9% of teams, and even 1v2 dead against most without support. I'm there for tanking.

Anyway - I lost a bunch of SR.

Next game with different people we win Watchpoint: Gibraltar with a good fight. As DVA I get a POTG where I kill 5 enemies - 2 with an ult, and 3 when back in mech. I can only do that because our DPS is using me for shields and we are attacking in groups of 2 or 3 - which is how you actually win. When the team attacks together you have a better chance of winning.