Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: it really doesn't get enough credit for how tight the controls are
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291979&mesg_id=294619
294619, RE: it really doesn't get enough credit for how tight the controls are
Posted by upUPNorth, Tue Feb-10-15 08:30 PM
the only thing that bothers me about the controls are those times a moving enemy drags your reticle, there should be a way to stop that and i look through the options every once in a while thinking ive missed it.

but yeah, they nailed so many aspects of design well, the sounds of everything, the feel of using weapons, the environments. like the sounds of the gorgons in the maze were stuck with me after, it fits so well with the change in style that one part of the game creates. And the disappearing platforms right after that with the skinny ledge, i was more immersed in a fear of falling than i am in certain real life heights situations.

its just slightly disappointing that there doesn't seem to be really even a little effort truly thrown to the story, or even just the lore. its like everything the game tells you in that sense makes you feel like you've missed something important, like coming in late to a movie. its not like halo was a great or original story, but it spawned stuff i truly enjoyed reading, and it feels like they expect the community to create stuff in that sense but there needs to be way more foundation. the fact that the idea of being a guardian, spreading the light and pushing out into the darkness, doesn't feel like one of the reasons to play this game is still a major flaw to me.