Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRaid experience from this weekend finally cured me of this game, I think
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291979&mesg_id=294195
294195, Raid experience from this weekend finally cured me of this game, I think
Posted by celery77, Mon Jan-05-15 06:52 PM
Got a group of guys together who were willing to make an honest attempt. Had fun working through the Thrall hordes, actually cleared it with the most teamwork I've ever managed and the final showdown was waaaaay more manageable when it's not just the two fastest guys standing on the last button.

Then we get to the bridge, spent about an hour trying to get across straight. 2 out of 6 players had never done it before, so they were learning and it was going well. A couple wipes on the learning curve, then we're getting up to speed. We ended up having some very clean runs that get disrupted by huge, lethal lag spikes, but everyone is keeping a good attitude. Finally one guy has to log off to get dinner, so we say, all right, let's just cheese it and cross the bridge. One spawn, a quick "everyone stand right here, then walk out and use snipers" later (like 3-4 minutes, in all seriousness), we're across the bridge and everyone has the drop.

So then the last guy leaves and our guide is telling us, "we can still beat Crota, it will only take a few minutes" because, well, that's how busted the new Raid is. If you just want gear, it's insanely easy to get gear. If what you want to do is play 6-person, competitive content, well ... good luck finding five other guys willing to do that.

So anyway, it's all just a big chore for gear at this point. The content is burnt for me. It took a looooong time to reach that point, so I won't bad mouth it too much, but unless they drastically and rather cruelly adjust the Crota Raid to prevent all the BS players are pulling, it's completely broken and wasted content. And all those players are going to be hard-mode Raiding before me, if I try to stick with it, because they've all gotten like 3-4x as many drops as me with roughly a quarter of the "work."