Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectnah, the 29 to 31 grind is identical, that's what's annoying
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291979&mesg_id=293961
293961, nah, the 29 to 31 grind is identical, that's what's annoying
Posted by celery77, Thu Dec-11-14 04:16 PM
because I have a 29 Warlock alt that I didn't have the endurance to take through the Venus Hard Raid, but now I could get that character to level 31 just as fast as my 30 Titan, if I just earn Vanguard Marks and buy 3 pieces of Armor + an Exotic from Xur (which would take like two weeks, and only requires one commendation, that's all if I never got an improved purple drop, which actually now that I think of it I already did -- stashed a 33 Light Warlock helmet that my Titan unlocked, so that's two pieces of Armor (guaranteed less than 200 marks to get that) + 1 Exotic I need to get to 31 from 29). That's exactly what my Titan needs to do, too, because the Raid gear is obsolete and fully leveled Exotic armor confers no real bonuses.

The only difference is it's a bit easier to get my Titan through the 30 Nightfall, although I went through the 30 Nightfall with one 29 in the party, and that same guy would run my 29 through, too, I'm sure, if I asked, and Murmur would do most of the heavy lifting to get it done anyway.

So I mean it's cool that you'll hit 31 without doing the Venus Hard Raid (which is *hard* by the way), it's just disappointing to me, who was pretty driven to hit level 30 prior to the DLC, that all that grinding I just did is really for moot. Cheapens it a bit, is all...

It is nice being 30, though, did all the new content on Hard, excited to try the level 26 playlist soon, but who knows how much of that gear will last past Xur's arrival on Friday for me...