Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectmore or less; if they're not leveled, definitely worthless.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291979&mesg_id=293942
293942, more or less; if they're not leveled, definitely worthless.
Posted by celery77, Wed Dec-10-14 04:58 PM
I have 300 damage weapons that I will be using for a while, but wew Legendaries start with a base of 272 and cap out higher. So that Crucible Scout Rifle I got in a drop a couple weeks ago, but haven't been able to get around to leveling yet? Yeah, the 248 base / 300 cap damage is already made redundant by the NEW Legendary Scout Rifle I'll be able to buy tonight if I want (you need a Commendation from rep rank to get it, but I'll have that with just a couple bounties). So that old Scout Rifle is really only useful as either decoration or shards.

Even my fully leveled Raid Armor is made redundant by the new purples. I got some new purple boots in some kind of drop yesterday, just the kind you get from the Vanguard vendor, and they already have a light cap of 33 and a higher defense cap. So those Raid boots were great for making me level 30, not great for making me anything else. From what I've picked up, now I'm on a grind to get to level 31 via Vanguard Armor so I can Raid better (a la the grind to 27/28), then I'm on a grind to get Raid gear to hit 32. Presumably all so my 32 will be ready to do the same process when the next DLC drops.

And yeah, if you're not 30 already, now you need the Vanguard Armor just to Nightfall (although that's sorta similar to the last cycle), and having done the new Strike twice last night (Nightfall, Weekly) I have to say it seems it's like designed to have you camp in one spot, take pot shots at enemies. Like literally the level design has safe camping spots for you to regen shields in order to be able to step out and get the Arc damage you need to get through. The visuals are great, but man, it was the definition of tedious gameplay to get through. I'm really eager to Raid now, because the Strike was just a chore, seemingly DESIGNED to be so at that...