Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectmore to the point ---> lots of weapons (+ subclasses) are just useless
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291979&mesg_id=293086
293086, more to the point ---> lots of weapons (+ subclasses) are just useless
Posted by celery77, Fri Oct-31-14 05:41 PM
You need stability, range, and rate of fire. So Suros Regime? (Which you can HEAR being fired all over the place?) It's dominant -- amazing stability, amazing range, and it STILL keeps the autofire from the hip.

On the other hand, equipping scout rifles is suicidal. The high rate of fire, high kick auto rifle will never work for anything. If your shotgun doesn't have a generous range attribute, you'll probably die to someone with a better range shotgun.

And then even when you track someone on radar, switch to shotgun at the right range, and fire a clean headshot from three feet, it won't matter because that person is a bladedancer and will walk right through it to kill you in one hit. And don't even get me started on the ridiculousness of having 18 different grenades, ONE of which is stupidly superior to all 17 others.

I mean, it's ambitious to let you PvP with your exact, very divergent character build, but that's exactly why it should be no surprise there's major balance issues to be ironed out as a result. And that's without critiquing map design or the radar (which is ever-present, even when sighted, on SOME guns). It really just makes me even more excited for the Master Chief Collection...