Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectabandoned the same bounty this morning + Im up to like 60 crucible marks
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291979&mesg_id=293067
293067, abandoned the same bounty this morning + Im up to like 60 crucible marks
Posted by celery77, Fri Oct-31-14 09:13 AM
which adds up to something like 30 losses at this point.

I was in a game last night where one dude on the opposite team was just crushing, then after matchmaking the next round that guy got switched on to mine. So I decided to follow him a bit, see what his strategy was. The strat? He crouched behind a high traffic wall, didn't move so he wouldn't trigger radar, then shotgunned people as they ran past. Bungie has managed to make effect PvP strategy go all the way back to "sit in one place, shoot people as they come by." It's like I'm playing Doom II all over again.

The more I think about it, the more I think it might be the radar that's really underlying a lot of it, too. The whole "sector v. precise location" thing really makes a huge difference from Halo, because you can't know exactly where the guy in what sector is located, so he can do bullshit stuff like sit there with a shotgun and just wait...

but yeah, you need the right gear, then once you have the right gear, you need to run super cheesy strats, and even if you do all that, you might not have the right build to maximize those strats etc. It's just a mess.