Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectUltra Street Fighter 4
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291202
291202, Ultra Street Fighter 4
Posted by Wonderl33t, Wed Jul-23-14 05:09 PM
Who's playing and what platform?

Check out this lol-worthy new Gouken tech at 5:06 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWjdHTzDwL4#t=301
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Jul-23-14 06:23 PM
Need to knock off some rust
291206, ps3. hella rusty. wasn't very good to begin with.
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Jul-24-14 12:54 AM
Guy/Elena mains.

having the most fun playing Poison.
291218, Screw Poison's fireball...lol
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Jul-24-14 01:17 PM
I'm convinced it's impossible to jump over as Guile

>Guy/Elena mains.
>
>having the most fun playing Poison.

Posted by Mafamaticks, Thu Jul-24-14 07:09 AM
I play Hugo and I switched from pad to stick so I'm getting my ass whipped. A lot.
291213, Snake Eyez got me convinced grapplers are supposed to be pad only.
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Jul-24-14 11:47 AM
291215, I always played grapplers better on pad
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jul-24-14 12:27 PM
especially when I learned the timing for 360 motions

291254, Hugo doesn't have the SPD shortcuts
Posted by Mafamaticks, Sat Jul-26-14 12:36 PM
unless you're precise with his inputs, the moves won't come out. I tried playing Hugo on pad but my inputs aren't as clean as on stick.

On stick with Hugo though? Just did a standing 720 in training mode.
291216, Have you looked into an octagonal or circular gate?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Jul-24-14 01:16 PM
Supposed to help a lot for circular motions such as hadoken and SPDs.

>I play Hugo and I switched from pad to stick so I'm getting
>my ass whipped. A lot.

Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jul-24-14 01:58 PM
>Supposed to help a lot for circular motions such as hadoken
>and SPDs.

I actually think that circular motions are better performed on square gate (esp. on a Sanwa JLF)

if you must have an octagonal gate, LS-56 or GTFO.

or go the no-gate route if you can find a stick w/the American-style handle
291252, You gonna do all that, may as well go happ
Posted by spenzalii, Sat Jul-26-14 12:33 AM
Can't speak on seimitsu sticks, but for Sanwa, both JLF and JLW, even with the circle gate I can still work better with an old fashioned IL/Happ stick for 360 motions
291272, I only know square gates.
Posted by Mafamaticks, Sun Jul-27-14 08:10 PM
I'm probably not gonna invest in a octagon gate since it's do or die with me at this point. This is like my 3rd stick. The last two sticks I got I said I was gonna switch, got sick of practicing on it, and then sold them.
291384, RE: PS3. Biggamal (is a killer)
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Aug-02-14 06:29 PM
>I play Hugo and I switched from pad to stick so I'm getting
>my ass whipped. A lot.

I felt like we were in similar stratospheres but you are clearly better...more disciplined and more reliable to do max damage on errors. Like I said, I'm in a rutt from countering jabfest and throwathon. SFxT made things much worse for me...the sytle I dislike the most is now an even more common template.

And my connection has been just zonking out every now and then with no sign that anything is really wrong...like I just get disconnected and then I'm right back in like nothing happened.

Sorry I couldn't give you better games man...I feel like Gouken has the advantage over Hugo because of keepaway, but I'm constantly playing with fire. And you put that on my tombstone.

Jimaveli
291432, Just keep throwing fireballs
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Aug-05-14 09:45 PM
Until I give you a reason not to. And then keep throwing them. His fireballs recover so quick and I have to take risks and lose health to get in. Next time we play we'll work at it.
291496, Agreed...
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Aug-09-14 11:27 AM
>Until I give you a reason not to. And then keep throwing
>them. His fireballs recover so quick and I have to take risks
>and lose health to get in. Next time we play we'll work at
>it.

Agreed. In addition to lack of patience and sloppiness, I've been dealing with ego issues. At worst, I think I 'know' Gouken so well that I can compete and win without a mass of fireballs when I play characters with no fireballs...even the big monsters who only need a little bit of you to get you out. Silly I know..I'm getting over it and slanging more fireballs since you worked me over. As you can imagine, the Hugos after you got it put on them something terrible! They don't have your patience, and I pretended it was still you..it clearly wasn't...I got a P or two on em...

You should see my matches vs Makoto. Win or lose, they usually respect me for trying to go 'hand-to-hand' with her no health-having ass. It becomes a high-risk mindgame festival.

I've temporary moved back to 360 (which is ethernet connected) until I can figure out my wifi downstairs in my mancave. My wifi to my PS3 has lost me so many matches and I'm getting at least one midmatch disconnect per session...even a 15 minute session.

Jimaveli
291210, I need to get this. PS3.
Posted by jetblack, Thu Jul-24-14 08:21 AM
291211, PS3 for now. X360 also when the disc comes out.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jul-24-14 09:56 AM
Fear the Saikyo BOOT.
291217, Welp... Xbox Live and Steam (when it comes) Expandingman
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Jul-24-14 01:16 PM
In case any souls play it on Xbox.
Posted by KnowOne, Fri Jul-25-14 08:55 AM
:-(
291237, It's hitting PC in a couple of weeks.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Fri Jul-25-14 09:29 AM
>:-(

Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Fri Jul-25-14 09:38 AM
291245, Skullgirls...Guilty Gear Xrd...Mortal Kombat X...
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Jul-25-14 12:31 PM
all those are coming out, but it doesn't get real until we get a Street Fighter.
291277, i guess we can play Ultra on PS NOW whenever its available....
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Sun Jul-27-14 09:17 PM
291244, i'm holding out with desperate hope that Capcom announces it for PS4
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Jul-25-14 12:28 PM
during SDCC.
291283, I think it's getting a port eventually
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jul-28-14 09:08 AM
because they have an Ultra SFIV stick coming out for PS4 (Madcatz)
291285, i don't know what to believe, man. I'm so distraught.
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Jul-28-14 02:47 PM
Ono was talking about there's nothing else to announce for the rest of the year at SDCC.
291251, playing on the 360
Posted by worms, Fri Jul-25-14 11:42 PM
ive played street fighter since 2 first came out, and among my little circle of friends i always thought i was good. but then i discovered the fgc and realized i had barely scratched the surface of what was possible. i picked up ultra in a state of evo hypeness and i figured that if i learned one of the new characters it would help with my understanding of the game, starting over from scratch and shit.

i started off with elena because i kinda liked the way she played. but she has a wonky hitbox and people fall out of moves all the time. and i sucked anyway.

claw reps dan so hard and ive always played this game for fun rather than to win, so i started playing dan too. and dan is fun as shit to play. i break out my elena every now and then in the hopes that i make a mental breakthrough with her. but dan is the man.

every other person i play is a fucking evil ryu. so in the dan vs evil rru matchup i really should have no chance, but ive played enough of them that ive learned the bad habits of evil ryu players, so i actually feel confident in the matchup. conversely, i get murdered by guiles and vegas because i dont see them as much.

dan to da death
291256, Slavery>AIDS>Guile>plague
Posted by Invisiblist, Sat Jul-26-14 01:21 PM
291257, I be jump in, then like, oh yeah, air throw
Posted by worms, Sat Jul-26-14 01:27 PM
291452, *sheds tear*
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Aug-07-14 10:53 AM
I main Guile...I picked him when I started really trying to learn this game last summer...I didn't begin to realize the full extent of the lameness until the past few months when I am pushing past noob into intermediate territory.

>

Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jul-28-14 09:07 AM
>claw reps dan so hard and ive always played this game for fun
>rather than to win, so i started playing dan too. and dan is
>fun as shit to play. i break out my elena every now and then
>in the hopes that i make a mental breakthrough with her. but
>dan is the man.

he's gotten better over the years but my Dan gripes go down to his normals (he should have reliable anti-air without having to KRK, while separating old close HK and far HK into separate moves is a plus, the old far HK should be back + HK as it makes more sense in defensive situations) and the nerfing they gave him (and every other Shoryuken character) on blocked FADC SRK/KRK. Also, hurtbox and hitbox for Gadouken is effed up.

in a game where Rufus not only exists, but is a cheese fest there's no excuse for Dan not to approach Guile-tier
291363, the fact that you have to work so hard with dan to win
Posted by worms, Thu Jul-31-14 07:51 PM
is what makes it so satisfying when you do win. i dont know where this mentality came from within myself, but i never liked playing strong characters. i liked t hawk when he was shitty. i feel like the nerdy guy that liked the other nerdy girl who started giving pussy away and became the nerdy girl that gave pussy away.

also t hawk was native and my only option for playing someone with the same background as myself. not the native stuff, i also know a white bitch that wont say shit to me either

but anyway. dan. i too seek to impress my father. man i have long hair too. im buying a pink gi before halloween comes around.
291451, I definitely agree with that
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Aug-07-14 09:40 AM
>is what makes it so satisfying when you do win. i dont know
>where this mentality came from within myself, but i never
>liked playing strong characters. i liked t hawk when he was
>shitty. i feel like the nerdy guy that liked the other nerdy
>girl who started giving pussy away and became the nerdy girl
>that gave pussy away.
>
>also t hawk was native and my only option for playing someone
>with the same background as myself. not the native stuff, i
>also know a white bitch that wont say shit to me either

I actually liked using T. Hawk back in the pre-Dan days too. I think if you fixed Dan's normals accordingly, he'd wouldn't be "boss tier", he'd be average. and I don't like using strong characters like that either. I kind of use Sagat now because he's been effed up.

>but anyway. dan. i too seek to impress my father. man i
>have long hair too. im buying a pink gi before halloween
>comes around.

that's what's up. SAIKYO 4 LIFE
291284, also, while Claw (Vega in FGC-speak) is nowhere near SSFIIT craziness
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jul-28-14 09:10 AM
(if you saw the Evo Super Turbo matches with him, I was bugging out)

he's pretty respectable in Ultra. Took a LONG while to get used to his "slow" style. Think he'd be better if the damn game wasn't so GLITCHED
291259, Waiting on a PS4 or XB1 version
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Sat Jul-26-14 05:05 PM
I'm not buying anymore games on the previous gen systems. I'm also going to need someone to release a damn fight stick too. I spent a lot of time and money customizing my XB360 one.
291286, I'm right there with you
Posted by Lach, Mon Jul-28-14 02:54 PM
I can't go back. and it pretty much looks like any big big last gen hit that came out in the last year or so is also coming to next gen as it is. Glad I waited for Last of Us and GTA5.
291308, I wonder if we just won't get an SFV in 2016.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Jul-29-14 09:21 PM
I'd love to see a PS4 port (and fight stick support) but I dunno how likely that is.
291314, 2018
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Wed Jul-30-14 08:27 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-street-fighter-v-until-2018-capcom-producer/1100-6412556/

so you can bet there will be some PS4/XB1 releases before then

291349, Oh yeah, definitely gonna need a PS4 version before that.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Jul-31-14 12:36 AM
291348, me but...
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Jul-30-14 10:36 PM
>Who's playing and what platform?
>
>Check out this lol-worthy new Gouken tech at 5:06
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWjdHTzDwL4#t=301
>______________________________
>http://i.imgur.com/81XSukd.jpg

I'm in a rut...playing Gouken still with a little Akuma thrown in. I'm getting SFxT people who have migrated over with their jabby jab and tick throw festival offense. Then, it is Freebird stalling and running with the health advantage.

PS3 for me...I love my 1TB hard drive. All of the PS+ games plus my whole library. It is excellent fo sho. Between that, the 360, and XB1, my PS3 gets the most burn by far nowadays. Hell...even WWE Network seems better.

291362, started playing adon
Posted by worms, Thu Jul-31-14 07:42 PM
ive put in a lot of time with my dan and i feel comfortable with him so far. but man the matchups are so much easier with adon now. there was an ibuki i met online, while using dan, that i had to play down to the last round and the last second and the last pixel to eek out a victory against. and i beat the shit out that poor girl with adon. ive got a little bit of familiarity with adon, back from playing against my equally shitty friends, but its not much more than crouching whatever into rising jaguar.

u guys have any tips for links? i cant link for shit. i read one article somewhere that said to watch your health bar, theres a tiny flash that is activated when you do a move, the flash travels the length of the bar and right before it reaches the end is when you are supposed to hit the next button in the link. that was no fucking help at all.

291386, PSN or Xbox
Posted by Mafamaticks, Sun Aug-03-14 08:32 AM
When it comes to linking, you can't mash the buttons you have to hit them with a rhythm. And it ain't really no other tip than to practice. Here's how I learn links:

1. Look for visual cues to hit the button on your character. Usually the best cue is the hit the next button when the first move recovers. So wait until his foot goes back to neutral before hitting it again. Once you can do the link from visual cues...

2. Listen to the rhythm of the button presses. From there you don't have to rely on the visual. You can do it based off of the sound of your button presses.

3. Do it with your eyes closed. Once you get that down it's muscle memory at this point.

The good thing about links is that once you learn them with one character you can do them with any character.

If you're on PSN we can run online training.
291387, this is helpful, man. thanks.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Aug-03-14 11:49 AM
my links are terrible.
291396, good looking out...
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Aug-04-14 08:20 AM
I needed this info. There's a few characters I want to 'start over' with. Guy, Makoto, Hugo, and Oni. Gouken is always the one for me, but I need more clubs in the bag. And for that, I'm gonna need to pretend I'm playing a new game.

I've been seeing A LOT of Gen's lately...someone must've gone far in a tourney with him recently? Besides that, the typical 3-piece: Ryu, Evil Ryu, and Guile.

Jimaveli

>When it comes to linking, you can't mash the buttons you have
>to hit them with a rhythm. And it ain't really no other tip
>than to practice. Here's how I learn links:
>
>1. Look for visual cues to hit the button on your character.
>Usually the best cue is the hit the next button when the first
>move recovers. So wait until his foot goes back to neutral
>before hitting it again. Once you can do the link from visual
>cues...
>
>2. Listen to the rhythm of the button presses. From there you
>don't have to rely on the visual. You can do it based off of
>the sound of your button presses.
>
>3. Do it with your eyes closed. Once you get that down it's
>muscle memory at this point.
>
>The good thing about links is that once you learn them with
>one character you can do them with any character.
>
>If you're on PSN we can run online training.
291405, Good tips. Also, start plinking after you have a feel for the link.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Aug-04-14 01:34 PM
Foreword -- don't do this until you can hit the link with some consistency. Plinking helps quite a bit, but a feel for the timing is more fundamental and more important.

Basically, "plinking" (priority linking) gives you an extra frame to hit the link. So a 1-frame link becomes 2 frames, 2 becomes 3, etc.

Feel free to look it up on youtube, but I'll try to briefly give the what, why, and how.

The basic purpose of plinking is to get the same attack to register on consecutive frames. If you hit the same attack button twice really fast, the closest you can get them together is with one frame of no action in between (so frame 1 is attack X, frame 2 is nothing, frame 3 is attack X). Plinking allows the same attack to be registered on consecutive frames (frame 1 is attack X, frame 2 is attack X), which effectively increases the link windows by 1 frame (which is doubling it in the case of 1-frame links).

The mechanical principle behind plinking is that when you hit two attack buttons at the same time, the more powerful attack will come out. So for example if you hit LP and MP at the same time, MP comes out.

And due to the game's forgiving execution, the same thing will happen if you hit them almost at the same time. So if you hit the two attacks a few frames apart and not exactly on the same frame, you still get the stronger attack of the two.

Plinking is the use (or abuse) of this mechanic. The idea is to hit two attack buttons on consecutive frames, the stronger of which being attack you want to come out. To plink MP, you would hit MP immediately followed by LP so that LP is hit on the very next frame after MP. So frame 1 you hit MP, frame 2 you hit LP. And it's done pretty fast (1/60th of a second apart), so you should still be holding down MP when LP is hit.

The game translates your input into the following output: frame 1 is MP, frame 2 is LP+MP. And because of the "stronger attack wins" mechanic, MP is the effect for both frames. So you could be hitting MP either right on time or 1 frame early, and in either case, you will hit the link. 1 frame late and it won't hit.

You can see a successful plink in the input sidebar in training mode. For an MP plink, it will show MP followed by LP+MP. An unsuccessful plink would show MP followed only by LP.

Technical note: You don't have to plink an attack with the next-lowest attack. It can be any lower attack including the back/select button ("blinking"). So you could plink MP with LK, HK with LP, LP with the select button, etc.

>When it comes to linking, you can't mash the buttons you have
>to hit them with a rhythm. And it ain't really no other tip
>than to practice. Here's how I learn links:
>
>1. Look for visual cues to hit the button on your character.
>Usually the best cue is the hit the next button when the first
>move recovers. So wait until his foot goes back to neutral
>before hitting it again. Once you can do the link from visual
>cues...
>
>2. Listen to the rhythm of the button presses. From there you
>don't have to rely on the visual. You can do it based off of
>the sound of your button presses.
>
>3. Do it with your eyes closed. Once you get that down it's
>muscle memory at this point.
>
>The good thing about links is that once you learn them with
>one character you can do them with any character.
>
>If you're on PSN we can run online training.

Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Aug-06-14 11:37 AM
I actually am pretty good with that move. Never thought to do that in SF, then again, the only person I remember actually attempting that with was Guile
291411, Since u answering shit, what is the meaning of life?
Posted by worms, Mon Aug-04-14 09:38 PM
291412, LOL
Posted by 13Rose, Tue Aug-05-14 08:04 AM
Nahmeen?
291431, Lol
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Aug-05-14 09:43 PM
Lp, lp, fwd + MK + HP
291435, RE: Since u answering shit, what is the meaning of life?
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Aug-06-14 11:47 AM
291453, FADC+SUPER+ULTRA+SFTU+KIM
Posted by jetblack, Thu Aug-07-14 11:19 AM
291454, *golf claps*
Posted by spenzalii, Thu Aug-07-14 11:40 AM
Got to get online again soon, man
291471, Word life.
Posted by jetblack, Fri Aug-08-14 08:41 AM
291494, I think I am gonna come out of retirement...gonna grab both versions...
Posted by ChampD1012, Sat Aug-09-14 08:03 AM
291497, I'm on both now...
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Aug-09-14 11:34 AM
My 360 and XB1 are ethernet connected. My PS3 is on wifi, but I keep having crazy connection strength issues...even with an extender to try to help out, so I'm gonna be doing more work on the 360 for now.

I've been dropping combos even more than my normal sloppy self on 360 so far..I'm talking about flubbing shit after waiting for someone to land from a lazy SRK that I've blocked. Terrible.

I got worked by a Dhalsim this morning..he did what he could to make him 'fast', he was comfortably repetitive, etc. I just didn't have the patience to wait on him so I knew it was time for me to quit playing and run some errands!

Somehow, I'd like it if I could know if I was gonna see a Ryu before I accepted the match. I'm tired of the same footsies, spamming, low-end EVO/tourney mimicking and shenanigans. I'm to the point where I murk most of Ryus something ugly, so it ain't that, but damn...I'm tired of the matchup.

Jimaveli

>

That shit is evil. Must practice. It would be crazy to get someone with that.
291539, u guys check out this frame data app?
Posted by worms, Tue Aug-12-14 06:46 PM
not the paid one by brady, this one is free on android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fullmeter.fat&hl=en

some of it seems useful, i noticed, relevant to an earlier conversation, it tells you how many frames you have to link particular moves. but some of it seems empty, like when you choose matchup info between two characters or one of the various other options. theres nothing there.

personally, i'm taking a break from online play to focus on training room time, as my adon has been getting murdered lately. the bad thing is that i feel that my gameplay has actually been improving, ive gotten a handle on my jaguar kick spacing, but shit. i hung it up when i was having trouble canceling a rising jaguar out of a normal. its like the basketball saying, when you miss shots, your arms are tired, when you make shots, your arms are not tired. and my hands are sore as a mug.
291596, looks good...I'm checking it out
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Aug-14-14 10:26 AM
and props on the training room grind. It's important. I'd say still mix in a little playing, though, so you don't lose the sharpness and match mentality.

I just installed the app, and I see what you mean about some pages being blank. I am guessing it is a work in progress and will see updates.

>not the paid one by brady, this one is free on android
>
>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fullmeter.fat&hl=en
>
>some of it seems useful, i noticed, relevant to an earlier
>conversation, it tells you how many frames you have to link
>particular moves. but some of it seems empty, like when you
>choose matchup info between two characters or one of the
>various other options. theres nothing there.
>
>personally, i'm taking a break from online play to focus on
>training room time, as my adon has been getting murdered
>lately. the bad thing is that i feel that my gameplay has
>actually been improving, ive gotten a handle on my jaguar kick
>spacing, but shit. i hung it up when i was having trouble
>canceling a rising jaguar out of a normal. its like the
>basketball saying, when you miss shots, your arms are tired,
>when you make shots, your arms are not tired. and my hands
>are sore as a mug.

Posted by worms, Thu Aug-14-14 05:53 PM
291597, How's the lag been?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Aug-14-14 10:29 AM
It seems worse for me on 360. Three or four times last night, I got the deal where I tried to flash kick during a block string, and the flash kick comes out nearly a full second later when the block string is done... edit - sometimes it connects and sometimes it's blocked, but the risk-reward is not worth it at all, so it's pretty frustrating.

Also a few times, I tried to flash kick when I was not in any kind of block or hit stun, and the lag kept it from coming out...but I still lost my charge, so when I could have flash kicked a fraction of a second later, it came out as a neutral jump lk...Lol, I was salty.

>

Posted by jimaveli, Sun Aug-17-14 09:34 AM
I have it on both on occasion. I fixed my ps3 wifi deal by not using the extender. Now my connection is far more stable. But I still get the occasional something coming out 2 seconds after I do it. Eating a combo because of that doesn't feel great.

>It seems worse for me on 360. Three or four times last
>night, I got the deal where I tried to flash kick during a
>block string, and the flash kick comes out nearly a full
>second later when the block string is done... edit - sometimes
>it connects and sometimes it's blocked, but the risk-reward is
>not worth it at all, so it's pretty frustrating.
>
>Also a few times, I tried to flash kick when I was not in any
>kind of block or hit stun, and the lag kept it from coming
>out...but I still lost my charge, so when I could have flash
>kicked a fraction of a second later, it came out as a neutral
>jump lk...Lol, I was salty.
>
>>Who's playing and what platform?
>>
>>Check out this lol-worthy new Gouken tech at 5:06
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWjdHTzDwL4#t=301
>>______________________________
>>http://i.imgur.com/81XSukd.jpg
>
>
291667, my xbox died
Posted by worms, Mon Aug-18-14 04:01 PM
mother fucker
291686, PC maybe? Or used 360s are like $100 or less
Posted by Wonderl33t, Wed Aug-20-14 03:50 PM
>mother fucker

Posted by worms, Thu Aug-21-14 05:55 PM
i dont want to give microsoft or these gamestop mother fuckers any money at all. i'm swinging on steve ballmer and bill gates if i see their cracker asses.

id feel a lot more comfortable if there was a local crackhead selling 360s.

maybe i'll buy 200 tacos from jack in the box, maybe i'll spend it on online background checks on random people. i kind of want to find someone that will let me pee on them for a hundred dollars. i'd piss in their eyes and run and keep my hundred dollars.
291857, hooked on this.
Posted by will_5198, Tue Sep-02-14 05:55 PM
missed the whole SFIV revival, but finally copped this and can't stop playing. got my first joystick and everything (I can charge and SPD now!). I am still only good enough to beat my terrible friends and spam the computer, but props to Capcom for making that fun as hell by itself.

and good lord at anybody that's even reached an intermediate level of competitive play. truly amazing stuff watching the links and reads being done by them.
291907, RE: hooked on this.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Fri Sep-05-14 12:58 PM
Definitely this (quoted below)... having half-decent knowledge of the game and strategies makes high level play fascinating to watch. The mind games required to win at high levels are bananas.

Capcom did well to appease the "Super Guess Fighter" detractors with delayed wakeup (and the criticism was warranted). This is mechanically the best version, IMO.

>and good lord at anybody that's even reached an intermediate
>level of competitive play. truly amazing stuff watching the
>links and reads being done by them.

Posted by Mafamaticks, Fri Sep-05-14 05:36 PM
but there are still setups out there that compensate for delayed wake up. Shit I seen a Sakura cross up tatsu after a DWU in the corner.
291936, RE: It definitely helped
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Sep-07-14 11:55 AM
The Sakura corner thing is out of hand...I played Alex Myers in casuals at SCR and he destroyed me with it. Of course I am not in his universe of skill...that had something to do with it, too.

>but there are still setups out there that compensate for
>delayed wake up. Shit I seen a Sakura cross up tatsu after a
>DWU in the corner.

Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Sep-10-14 10:29 AM
there's a video on Youtube of this Ken player basically trolling his way through matches doing nothing but the Shoryuken. Taking enough damage to get a full Ultra.

He gets knocked down in one match vs. Cody (who hit his own ultra), delays wakeup long enough to get that F!! (Shinryuken)

I was rolling.
292061, I need to see that vid
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Sep-10-14 10:40 AM
292309, OMEGA MODE
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Sep-20-14 11:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJfJYzlKYmw

so silly. so hype. that good Rainbow Edition playfulness and magic. so fun.

all 44 characters remixed and it's free. it's just an extra edition select, available for unranked online.

if the upcoming patch fixes most of the bugs, USF4 is about to be as jankily perfect as videogames get. put it next to Super Turbo and 3rd Strike on the pantheon.
292310, Wait, this is real?
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Sep-20-14 02:29 PM
I think I heard about it and thought it was a joke
292311, it's real. they wilding and i love it.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Sep-20-14 02:52 PM
292361, yep
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Sep-23-14 11:28 AM
>if the upcoming patch fixes most of the bugs, USF4 is about to
>be as jankily perfect as videogames get. put it next to Super
>Turbo and 3rd Strike on the pantheon.
292365, Haha, wow. Why not, I guess
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Sep-23-14 02:42 PM
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJfJYzlKYmw
>
>so silly. so hype. that good Rainbow Edition playfulness and
>magic. so fun.
>
>all 44 characters remixed and it's free. it's just an extra
>edition select, available for unranked online.
>
>if the upcoming patch fixes most of the bugs, USF4 is about to
>be as jankily perfect as videogames get. put it next to Super
>Turbo and 3rd Strike on the pantheon.

Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Sep-24-14 09:32 AM
because that would be hilarious to see mofos trying to deal with Ken's "Hadou-Kyaku"
292379, There are already Edition Select side tourneys...this has to become a thing
Posted by Wonderl33t, Wed Sep-24-14 10:30 AM
I imagine

>because that would be hilarious to see mofos trying to deal
>with Ken's "Hadou-Kyaku"

Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Oct-09-14 04:05 PM
292665, Progress, anyone?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Oct-09-14 10:04 AM
My Rufus is getting better. I have gotten to where I beat sub-1,000 PP players about 2/3 (my PP is way down so it's not like I'm playing way down). I can only EX Messiah FADC ultra from the right side :( I can do it from the left, but only if it's in the corner and I do backdash FADC into ultra.

>

Posted by 2Future4U, Fri Oct-24-14 01:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6dfof5B0Q

EPIC!
292937, This shit made my week. So dumb. So hype.
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Oct-24-14 08:03 PM
292938, lmao
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Oct-25-14 06:21 AM
292942, This is grand...
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Oct-25-14 03:51 PM
Competition is the shit. Brings out the best and worst, but it is just great...Street Fighter or whatever.

Jimaveli
292955, That was hilarious...LTG needs to start winning in tourneys, though
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Oct-27-14 03:13 PM
So far he's just an online warrior...He needs to show up better at WNF and tourneys for some respect.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6dfof5B0Q
>
>EPIC!

Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Oct-29-14 03:14 PM
293068, Far from it, certainly. Mostly he's green
Posted by Wonderl33t, Fri Oct-31-14 09:19 AM
needs to get his tourney XP up.

>

Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Nov-10-14 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rsd2if6PY8

293305, That's a good match, right there.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Nov-11-14 12:37 PM
293312, Instant classic. Poongko was so close to six-0.
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Nov-11-14 03:09 PM
But dat pepedey comeback.

Them shenanigans.

I legit never heard of pepedey before Ultra came out, but he singlehandedly made Fuerte a somebody.

And I'm happy as hell Poongko back this year.

It's great to see two character specialists battle it out like that.
293315, Classic. Also Lap Chi chugging a beer in between games was classic
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Nov-11-14 06:13 PM
Here's the twitch replay since that youtube link seems to be private

http://www.twitch.tv/canadacup/b/587091021

Grand finals start at 6:00:00 with Poongko losing his shirt, lol.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rsd2if6PY8
>
>

Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Nov-11-14 06:16 PM
I friggin flipped

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rsd2if6PY8
>
>

Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Nov-11-14 06:24 PM
293417, fun match, but I cannot stand watching anybody play Seth
Posted by will_5198, Mon Nov-17-14 01:04 AM
Poongko's earlier match against Filipino Champ at Canada Cup was not Street Fighter
293446, Yeah? I like it.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Nov-17-14 02:03 PM
It's super risk/reward. He has horrible health and a kind of weak wake up/reversal game. Poongko is one of the only people I've seen beat skilled players with him.

That said, I hate playing against Seth personally because he destroys Gief.

293757, Capcom Cup: who y'all got?
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Dec-02-14 01:22 AM
I don't think I'm alone in rooting for Snake Eyez to take it all.

Nigga is a phenomenon.

I'd like to see NuckleDu make it far too, especially if he's using Decapre. Just to see a young cat shake things up.

Ain't nobody I'm really rooting against.

I'd be a little salty if Nishikin went far. I don't got nothing against him really, his Blanka is dope, but I would have liked to have seen Smug take his spot.
293764, RE: Capcom Cup: who y'all got?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Dec-02-14 10:37 AM
I would certainly like to see Snake Eyez go far and/or win it. He's gotta be the most smart and calculated player on the planet. Plus I was in the room at SCR for that Norcal-Socal exhibition, and how could you walk away from that rare energy as not a huge Snake Eyez fan.

I am also a fan of Justin & Ricky so I'll be rooting for them if they get in (they're top 10 but not auto-qualified), although I don't care for Poison too much... I feel like she's too turtly and the fireball is OP, and that's coming from someone who cut his teeth with Guile. NuckleDu is very fun to watch, I agree on that.

The only person I would be semi rooting against is Pepeday, although I wouldn't even call it rooting against. I just think the character is both a joke and slightly overpowered, so basically I am expecting the pros to shut the BS down, haha. But if he does well, I will give all due respect because at this level, everyone should know the matchup so the shenanigans should not be as effective.

I was looking at the standings as I typed that, and I see Pepeday is not qualified...I could have sworn he won that Asia major and got auto-qualified from that.

>I don't think I'm alone in rooting for Snake Eyez to take it
>all.
>
>Nigga is a phenomenon.
>
>I'd like to see NuckleDu make it far too, especially if he's
>using Decapre. Just to see a young cat shake things up.
>
>Ain't nobody I'm really rooting against.
>
>I'd be a little salty if Nishikin went far. I don't got
>nothing against him really, his Blanka is dope, but I would
>have liked to have seen Smug take his spot.

Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Dec-02-14 04:09 PM
I don't wanna see her run Rufus on top of J-Wong.

And I think them Pepeday shenanigans would have still upset some cats if he made it in.

293771, RE: I kinda hope Ricky runs with Poison, though.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Dec-02-14 05:35 PM
I can roll with that. And actually I think it's better for the game to see the new characters pushed to their max. I include Fuerte in that because he's only now becoming more commonly used, and he's way more powerful than before. Seeing them pushed to their max makes them easier to do my armchair QB analysis, hehe.

>I don't wanna see her run Rufus on top of J-Wong.
>
>And I think them Pepeday shenanigans would have still upset
>some cats if he made it in.
>

Most likely...he's not all shenanigans, he is damn good

Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-07-14 09:14 AM
>The only person I would be semi rooting against is Pepeday

Pepeday is fucking up America at NEC so far. top 32 winners and beat Snake Eyez, Justin Wong, Smug, and PR Balrog in the team tournament/exhibitions.
293863, that pep/smug match was so good.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-07-14 12:38 PM
293766, Snake Eyez is obviously the people's champ right now.
Posted by will_5198, Tue Dec-02-14 12:53 PM
293779, I'm rooting for Snake Eyez but that's a tough road for him
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Dec-03-14 01:00 PM
He's gotta fight Juri who has a ton of ways to keep Gief out, then he has to fight either a great Sagat or great Guile if he gets sent to losers.

Gonna be interesting to watch regardless tho.
293864, Smug vs. Pepeday. First to seven. Shenanigans on shenanigans.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-07-14 12:43 PM
http://youtu.be/IclXoilLLss
293865, TeamPieSci needs to do more commentary too. BULLETBULLETBULLET
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-07-14 12:48 PM
293878, Sci has cleaned up his act because he used to be terrible
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Dec-08-14 11:53 AM
His commentary was literally nothing but saying the same of each move that they players did while altering his vocal inflection. I think he only got away with it because of his accent. Someone must have told him to stfu because his commentary was much better this weekend. It probably sounds snobbish of me to say because it's just game commentary, but he seriously was that bad.

>

Posted by will_5198, Mon Dec-08-14 02:55 PM
"low forward, jump, cross-up, jab, jab...jump-back roundhouse"

this ain't the radio. but overall he was entertaining; I'm not mad at anybody dropping Flipmode Squad references during a USF4 match.
293890, Flipmode is the greatest!!!
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Dec-08-14 03:51 PM
Someone must have told him to calm down with the radio play-by-play, and I'm glad. He genuinely did a solid job this weekend.

This also reminds me of a WNF several months ago when whoever was on the mic was doing the same thing, but with frame advantage. He was giving a particularly feverish and verbose play-by-play, then suddenly he broke out into nothing but frame advantages. "PLUS ONE! MINUS TWO! EVEN! MINUS FIVE! OHHHH MINUS NINE!" Then after about 15 seconds of that, you could hear Valle yell "Dude, calm the FUCK down!" Lol

>"low forward, jump, cross-up, jab, jab...jump-back
>roundhouse"
>
>this ain't the radio. but overall he was entertaining; I'm not
>mad at anybody dropping Flipmode Squad references during a
>USF4 match.

Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Dec-07-14 03:40 PM
>http://youtu.be/IclXoilLLss

Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Dec-07-14 03:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79_DszqteU
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sun Dec-07-14 05:52 PM
293870, Pepeday ripping shirts off at NEC Grand Finals. He beat Snake Eyez
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-07-14 10:07 PM
Him and Smug about to run it back for first place.

Too hype.
293886, the Pepeday comeback against Snake Eyez was serious
Posted by will_5198, Mon Dec-08-14 02:58 PM
Snake dominated the first five rounds and was a chip away from grand finals...after that though, I've never seen Snake whiff so many SPDs or get caught chasing.

props to Smug for those reactions in the rematch against Pepeday though. good to see two non-Capcom Cup qualifiers get shine right before the main event.
293891, Oh yeah...Snake Eyez was heated. The meaty level 3 focus said it all
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Dec-08-14 03:53 PM
My eyes bugged out on that one

>Snake dominated the first five rounds and was a chip away
>from grand finals...after that though, I've never seen Snake
>whiff so many SPDs or get caught chasing.
>
>props to Smug for those reactions in the rematch against
>Pepeday though. good to see two non-Capcom Cup qualifiers get
>shine right before the main event.

Posted by will_5198, Sat Dec-13-14 04:14 PM
that good Japanese spacing to the pixel. didn't even have to break out Juri.
293982, Yup. And Guile told him to go home and be a family man.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Dec-13-14 05:30 PM
Sucks, but that's Zangief for ya. Characters with good keep away own him.
293983, hope they didn't retro-nerf green hand on Monday
Posted by will_5198, Sat Dec-13-14 05:38 PM
293987, Du put hands on him too. He still Chief Gief, tho.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Dec-13-14 06:19 PM
293984, Justin Wong is free (c) Daigo
Posted by will_5198, Sat Dec-13-14 05:40 PM
that was rough...
293986, His loss to Daigo was understandable because Daigo using GameGenie
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Dec-13-14 06:19 PM
Valmaster blowing him up was sad, tho.
293988, The CapCup halftime is the worst shit ever.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Dec-13-14 06:20 PM
293989, no time for 3/5 (c) Capcom
Posted by will_5198, Sat Dec-13-14 06:22 PM
293990, right! i'm so salty about that shit.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Dec-13-14 06:24 PM
293991, RYAN HART GOT GOOGLE FIBER. DOWNLOADING NIGGAS
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Dec-13-14 06:47 PM
293992, Europe is in the fucking building at CC. Damn.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Dec-13-14 06:48 PM
Ryan Hart don't fuck around.
294010, DOO RAG MAN.
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Dec-15-14 01:20 PM
that is the only version of Ryu besides the OG costume to use.
293993, PR Balrog!!!
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Dec-13-14 07:44 PM
293994, yoooooo
Posted by will_5198, Sat Dec-13-14 07:45 PM
that last round
293995, nobody's safe. anybody's game.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Dec-13-14 07:53 PM
294003, Momochi giving hope to all (us) scrubs who main Ken
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-14-14 05:45 PM
- I know we all like longer sets against top players, but I think 2/3 was responsible for some upsets...3/5 and I think Daigo would've had the advantage over Xian and PR Balrog

- Puerto Rico! wasn't feeling the button check excuse at the end but his two comebacks against Fuudo and Daigo were the hypest parts of the tourney

- speaking of, next year needs more hype. I like Chen and UltraDavid, but making their commentary PA was dry and the crowd was half-dead

- the counterpicks! Elena and Sim with FChamp tech/soul stealing was so good

- if Capcom was going for a mature, showcase big event, ramp up the production values a little (that high school morning announcement camera set-up of Chen and UltraDavid, TF) and never have an idea like DJ Roomba ever again
294004, I want UltraChen back as commentators. The event needs MCs, tho.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-14-14 09:50 PM
UltraChen are the best at what they do, which is calling matches.

Between matches, they need something else.

And it's not UltraChen's fault. There's a reason you typically don't hear commentators over the PA at a basketball game or whatever.

J-Wong on Twitter also said it was awkward for the players to hear the commentary too. Maybe they just need to be kept stream-only as usual.

I think the crowd is always going to be quieter than normal in a place like that with little standing room. People ain't going to really jump out of their seats and get hype. But a couple hype men on the mic just reacting on some Yipes/Rucker Park shit would go a long way. That, or just don't give the audience nothing but game audio to listen to. Let them talk and yell to fill the void themselves.
294012, Yipes and that jamaican dude would be dope
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Dec-15-14 05:53 PM
That bullet shit is hype.
294013, hell yeah. the NY scene in general is more hype. bring them out.
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Dec-15-14 05:58 PM
294008, definitely agree most of this
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Dec-15-14 01:19 PM
PR Rog!!!!!!

he and DOO RAG MAN (Ryan Hart's Ryu) against Momochi were my favorite parts of the whole thing

liked to see Infiltration with the Pocket Elena. I almost forgot he was "That Gouki Guy" for a minute

I was about to be HEATED if Momochi took a L to Xian and that Poison bullshit. Glad he took it back to Gen (just SEEING Gen is hype IMO).

294006, Who is getting this on PS4?
Posted by jetblack, Mon Dec-15-14 11:32 AM
Post up with your PSN ID. I'm trying to battle.
294007, as soon as it drops
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Dec-15-14 01:10 PM
294017, I'm down to stream it if it doesn't totally suck
Posted by jetblack, Tue Dec-16-14 08:57 AM
294009, When I get a PS4, I'll likely have it.
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Dec-15-14 01:19 PM
294011, dat Omega patch is out already.
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Dec-15-14 01:58 PM
294016, Streaming USFIV on PS4? Anyone doing this?
Posted by jetblack, Tue Dec-16-14 08:52 AM
what's the lag like? I have a 40-50 MBPS connection to the internets.
294021, pretty sure it will be fine. all the other games stream fine.
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Dec-16-14 03:46 PM
294022, Groovy.
Posted by jetblack, Tue Dec-16-14 08:48 PM
294023, We should find out this weekend...
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Dec-17-14 11:44 AM
Need to figure out the Omega tweaks they gave Chun Li
294032, Yeah I'm down.
Posted by jetblack, Thu Dec-18-14 01:15 PM
Message me on FB.
294063, Your latency numbers probably matter more than throughput.
Posted by Triptych, Sun Dec-21-14 03:15 PM
latency is also called the "ping time". Games like that don't need so much throughput I wouldn't think. You're trying to get the timing right, and that's all about latency.
294035, $20 PSN card via White Elephant
Posted by jetblack, Thu Dec-18-14 02:59 PM
When is the PS4 version dropping?
294042, Spring 2015. Probably April like everything else.
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Dec-18-14 05:48 PM
294050, Guess I'm streaming until then.
Posted by jetblack, Fri Dec-19-14 12:15 PM
294048, Anybody put in any work on Omega?
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Dec-19-14 10:58 AM
Played around a bit with Chun and the Fat Man. It's nowhere near Rainbow Edition, but there are some pretty interesting tweaks to be sure. Chun has a mix of QC moves mixed in with her charge, which makes for some interesting mechanics. Honda has a few nice buffs that definitely help him out. Need to spend more time with it and see how other players have worked out and what kind of damage is going on, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it allowed in tourneys in due time
294052, Dee Jay still sucks but he's fun to play QC
Posted by will_5198, Fri Dec-19-14 02:11 PM
294053, It feels more like an Alpha game than Rainbow.
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Dec-19-14 02:47 PM
Maybe that's why it's called Omega.

It's fast. Everybody got dope buttons. It's all offense. Elena's HK is quick, does two hits, and launches for no damn reason. I love it.
294054, OMEGA DAN IS THE MOTHERFUCKIN GOAT.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Dec-19-14 03:43 PM
I have to go full Kira for this one... it's that serious, bruh

QCB x 2 P for Hissho Buraiken (BEST THING EVER)

BUT WAIT...

ZANRETSUKEN FROM ART OF FIGHTING/RYUKO NO KEN

cr. HP is fast as hell (which means he has reliable normal anti-air at long last)

360+K COMMAND THROW!!! GODDAMN!!!

It's like they took original Super SFIV Dan and made him better.

In Vacation "Carlton Banks" Costume... no one is seeing him. GOAT.

294092, Haha...
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Dec-24-14 08:54 AM
I enjoy playing with him fo sho. I can't imagine jumping into competition online with Omega tho...I'd expect the typical migration towards the more shenanigan-heavy characters..not interested..at least not yet.

>I have to go full Kira for this one... it's that serious,
>bruh
>
>QCB x 2 P for Hissho Buraiken (BEST THING EVER)
>
>BUT WAIT...
>
>ZANRETSUKEN FROM ART OF FIGHTING/RYUKO NO KEN
>
>cr. HP is fast as hell (which means he has reliable normal
>anti-air at long last)
>
>360+K COMMAND THROW!!! GODDAMN!!!
>
>It's like they took original Super SFIV Dan and made him
>better.
>
>In Vacation "Carlton Banks" Costume... no one is seeing him.
>GOAT.
>
>
294279, man, and Balrog has a command throw too, as well as a fake charge punch
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-12-15 11:21 AM
it's like they decided to really make this game fun.

LOL, one of my favorite things to do with Dan is finding ways to FADC into crouching taunt.
294059, First time I got back on in a minute
Posted by Mafamaticks, Sat Dec-20-14 03:49 PM
and I fought an Omega Ken as Hugo. Shit was not the business lol. Ken has Juri's fireballs and a better SRK.
294277, Canada Cup Masters
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Jan-12-15 10:31 AM
That was pretty good imo. I loved the format.

Posted by JAESCOTT777, Mon Jan-12-15 10:34 AM
i upgraded to ultra
294597, RE: finally copped and renewed my SF love
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Feb-09-15 10:48 AM
any stories of success or shenanigans?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Fri Feb-06-15 10:31 AM
I knew it would come with enough work, but damn that was sweet to finally get it. I am only hitting it one out of every 12 or 15 tries at this point, but with more practice I think I'll be able to do it consistently.

Posted by will_5198, Sun Feb-08-15 03:51 PM
for whenever I FADC anything in a match...usually eek out a couple per practice mode.

great pro sets this past weekend: Smug-Dieminion was ridiculous, and Momochi has turned into the best player in the world by using straight fundamentals.
294596, I need to track down those replays. And re: FADC
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Feb-09-15 10:47 AM
Maybe your fundamentals are off...FADCing is not that hard, but you have to decide you are going to FADC before you do the move. You can't really decide to FADC mid-move (there are a few exceptions, like Ken's fierce DP, and I believe Sakura's DP where you can FADC the second or third hit).

It's all about speed. So to FADC a DP, you'd hit mk+mp immediately after you hit the attack button of the DP. That engages the focus, then double tap to dash out of it while still holding mk+mp.

>for whenever I FADC anything in a match...usually eek out a
>couple per practice mode.
>
>great pro sets this past weekend: Smug-Dieminion was
>ridiculous, and Momochi has turned into the best player in the
>world by using straight fundamentals.

Posted by Wonderl33t, Sat Feb-21-15 01:11 PM

Posted by spenzalii, Sun Feb-22-15 10:47 AM
I know I have the latest on PS3, but my copy on the PC I'm not too sure of, as I rarely play there. I'd be willing to go a few rounds later this evening though (screw the Oscars)
294747, Here's the current deal with PC
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Feb-22-15 12:05 PM
It's steam-only now. If you had the non-steam version, you have to put your original product key into steam and it will register on your steam account, I believe. I added you on steam and I checked your profile, and it looks like you don't have the steam version. Once you have it registered to Steam, you'll have to buy the Ultra upgrade which is $15. Kind of a pain, I know. Basically when Games for Windows Live died off several months ago, they had to change to Steam's matchmaking, which made all non-steam copies useless for online, so all non-steam players were essentially given a free Steam copy.
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Feb-24-15 11:14 AM
I'm pretty sure I have the product key saved somewhere. I'll have a look when I get home, If that is the case, I'll get on Steam, install that one, uninstall the other one, then debate on that Ultra upgrade
294781, Found the key. Activated on Steam. Even got the game save
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Feb-24-15 11:14 PM
It's SFIV AE, but it shows in my library as Ultra SFIV. Go figure. I'll do the upgrade next week
294982, Day 1 Footage of SXSW Gaming Fighters Invitational
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-14-15 08:26 AM
After the results, scroll down to see the vids

http://shoryuken.com/2015/03/13/sxsw-gaming-fighters-invitational-streaming-live-from-austin-texas/
294983, Day 2 on Twitch Live
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-14-15 12:05 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/sxswgamingesports
294990, that was dope
Posted by L_O_Quent, Sun Mar-15-15 10:00 AM
was pulling for Ryan Hart though..
294999, Japan >
Posted by will_5198, Tue Mar-17-15 12:18 AM
Momochi dominating so much that people are crying about Ken being too powerful. meanwhile, Daigo and Tokido play as who, again? riiiight.

I wonder who Snake Eyez is going to use against Sagat from now on...he said on stream awhile ago that Oni is probably closest to his secondary and he doesn't like Abel
295002, Momochi is out of hand. Did you see the thing about the tech-DP
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Mar-17-15 10:19 AM
option select? Pretty intense technique, there.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/mar/15/dieminion-exposes-secret-behind-momochis-yolo-uppercuts-game-winning-tech-was-covered-one-japanese-players-usf4-lectures/

Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Mar-17-15 02:36 PM
during Canada Cup master's series makes sense now. The only way to beat that is to not do anything. Which is why Kazu and Momochi were always throwing each other during SXSW Grand Finals.

Jesus christ...
295016, Yeah. Stuff like that is disheartening, imo.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Wed Mar-18-15 09:37 AM
it makes the game seem silly. I need to go back and learn 3rd Strike.

>during Canada Cup master's series makes sense now. The only
>way to beat that is to not do anything. Which is why Kazu and
>Momochi were always throwing each other during SXSW Grand
>Finals.
>
>Jesus christ...

Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Mar-18-15 12:14 PM
Any incarnation of SFIV Ken doesn't have SHIT on 3rd Strike Ken, so to see someone tear it up with a Ken in that game... man.

That's pure will and skill on display.
295058, Yoooo, Snake Eyes just beat Bonchan with Evil Ryu @ FinalRound18
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Mar-21-15 09:02 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Shit was so so hype. Didn't know he could play anyone besides Gief.
295059, wow.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Mar-21-15 10:43 PM
295062, Yeah, that was bananas.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Mar-22-15 01:05 PM
The last 5 matches or so last night were wild, too. Great night for America.

Posted by will_5198, Sun Mar-22-15 01:40 PM
>The last 5 matches or so last night were wild, too. Great
>night for America.

Smug and Daigo with the combo video was cool too.
295063, Snake said "fuck Sagat! straight to S-tier baby"
Posted by will_5198, Sun Mar-22-15 01:35 PM
I love the character loyalty, but you need a secondary against such a huge roster. you know Bonchan went from excited to mad as hell after that.
295156, Red Bull Kumite Stream, Paris
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-28-15 08:10 AM
Stream on Shoryuken: http://shoryuken.com/2015/03/28/red-bull-kumite-streaming-live-from-paris-france/

Stream on website: http://www.redbullkumite.com/
295157, #CapcomPlz
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Sat Mar-28-15 09:53 AM
295158, Luffy prolly would have lost
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-28-15 10:16 AM
295159, Yeah, I think he would have too. He got saved by the bug.
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Sat Mar-28-15 10:34 AM
295160, Kara Glitch
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-28-15 10:41 AM
295161, 1st the Kara Glitch & now the disc ain't reading
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-28-15 10:57 AM
Xbox looking real bad right now, lol
295164, I don't understand how they don't always use the DL version
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sat Mar-28-15 12:00 PM
for these kind of events.

Very fun so far btw. I also enjoyed the lil bit of 3rd Strike there. It's a more exciting/hype game than SFIV, imo.
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-28-15 02:05 PM
I think SFV will have some SF3 type fighting mechanics
295167, Dieminion nooo!!! That was nerve-wracking
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sat Mar-28-15 12:52 PM

Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-28-15 02:04 PM
295170, Bonchan vs Daigo Finals
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-28-15 02:17 PM
295171, Bonchan FTW
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Sat Mar-28-15 02:22 PM
295174, I wish Nemo could travel more
Posted by will_5198, Sat Mar-28-15 05:12 PM
he's fun to watch, even if top players hate Rolento and think he's brain-dead
295187, Play style aside, my only issue is the OP ultra and the OP EX overhead
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Mar-30-15 12:44 PM
that can combo to ultra.

Overall, I think he's annoying because the only way to beat him is patience...his stuff is easy to block.

>he's fun to watch, even if top players hate Rolento and think
>he's brain-dead

Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Fri Apr-03-15 04:17 PM
http://shoryuken.com/2015/04/03/norcal-regionals-2015-streaming-live-from-sacramento-california/
295251, Bonchan vs BJ Unchained was hype
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Apr-04-15 08:57 PM
295252, Momochi got bodied by an Abel from Utah
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Apr-04-15 09:41 PM
This tourney is nuts. lol.
295253, the mere fact that that's even possible is proof that Ultra too good
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Apr-04-15 10:19 PM
295255, Too good. Fuudo just got bodied by a Guy player.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Apr-04-15 11:04 PM
Four straight rounds. None of em really looked close.
295256, that shit was so hype.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Apr-04-15 11:22 PM
295312, Bushin Style
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Apr-07-15 08:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Vwlms6s.gif
295316, that's hilarious.
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Apr-07-15 05:41 PM
295264, Evil Ryu = the new pocket go-to for everybody
Posted by will_5198, Sun Apr-05-15 01:01 PM
even Momochi went to the dark side after that loss. top 32 had some great matches:

- U-S-A! U-S-A! is all the extra traveling by Asian players for Capcom Cup actually leveling up America?

- of course, Kazunoko, Poongko and Daigo are still rolling, and Momochi, Infiltration and Bonchan could easily come out of losers to win the whole thing

- Smug with that matchup knowledge against BJ Unchained...good gracious at the backdash ultra 2 punish against criminal upper

- Justin Wong's comeback against Fuudo, got him mashing out DPs
295265, Combofiend and Seth Killian = best commentating duo
Posted by will_5198, Sun Apr-05-15 01:05 PM
I wish they could do more big events together.
295292, Ultra David is top tier.... Chen is self-caricature, but still good.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Apr-06-15 12:03 PM
And Mike Ross is fast becoming a personal fav. Although when he's commentating with Gootecks, they sound like Beavis and Butthead and it's fairly annoying. Cross Counter TV is freaking awesome though.
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Apr-06-15 01:14 PM
Chen is hella cheesy, but you gotta love him.

David is legit funny. Not just FGC funny. His jokes fall flat because of his audience for the most part. He's great on Twitter too.

Seth is a know-it-all asshole and I love that.

Shout out to PIE Sci too. BULLET, BULLET, BULLET
295300, Agreed to all that. And while we're at it, the two Brit commentators
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Apr-06-15 02:40 PM
are great too, imo. I don't remember their names quite, I think one is "F-Word"? It's a white guy and a black guy.
Posted by will_5198, Tue Apr-07-15 12:29 AM
>are great too, imo. I don't remember their names quite, I
>think one is "F-Word"? It's a white guy and a black guy.

I think they did Dreamhack last year too...they made the Fuudo v. Gamerbee classic a lot better with their commentary
295280, 801Strider heartbreaker
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Apr-05-15 10:58 PM

Posted by will_5198, Mon Apr-06-15 01:03 AM
and for all the flag-waving yesterday, USA gives up three of the top four spots to Asia -- with Daigo back to shitting on American soil and taking all our fight money.
295291, It was funny that nobody noticed til Ricky Ortiz/Snake Eyez
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Apr-06-15 10:32 AM
I fell asleep watching. Stuff running late isn't condusive to east coast viewers.
295306, what's with the americans using controllers and not sticks?
Posted by bearfield, Mon Apr-06-15 10:55 PM
snake eyez, nuckle, smug, etc. maybe i just happened to watch the 3 americans that don't use sticks...

is just a cultural difference of americans generally learning and playing on 360 + ps3 as opposed to arcade machines?
295308, seems like most pad warriors
Posted by will_5198, Tue Apr-07-15 12:10 AM
started online or in an area without a big arcade local scene, so yeah. Luffy won EVO last year with a damn PS1 controller.

then again, Snake Eyez, Smug and PIE Zeus (best US Claw/Vega) have arcades nearby and seem to just prefer executing on a pad. Snake Eyez can plink on his, probably Smug too.
295313, Certain characters are easier on pad.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Apr-07-15 09:12 AM
Grapplers are easier, and I imagine Dudley would be easier as well. A lot of his moves are half-circle. Anything circular is usually easier on pad. After that, it's personal preference/what Will said.

>snake eyez, nuckle, smug, etc. maybe i just happened to
>watch the 3 americans that don't use sticks...
>
>is just a cultural difference of americans generally learning
>and playing on 360 + ps3 as opposed to arcade machines?

Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Apr-07-15 05:41 PM
Saying Americans just use pads is false, but I think there is a slight generational shift happening, and that's kind of dope.
295329, Replied in the wrong spot
Posted by Mafamaticks, Thu Apr-09-15 07:31 AM
295330, It's a location / generation thing
Posted by Mafamaticks, Thu Apr-09-15 07:35 AM
The arcade scene in Japan never died, so everybody that plays Street Fighter played on stick in the arcade basically.

During our arcade hey day, the only two arcade scenes that were popping like that were NY and Cali (NorCal and SoCal). A lot of the older cats that are 25 and up (Justin, Sanford, Arturo, Ricky, Valle, Choi, etc) play on stick. Cali's arcade scene laster longer than the East coast so some of the younger dudes play on stick too.

Generally speaking though, if you're younger (Smug, KnuckleDu, Wolfkrone, etc), you probably never learned to play on stick because the arcades were dead and you only had Street Fighter on console by then.

I might be wrong but I think Snake Eyez came up on HDR on cosole.
295254, MARQ TEDDY MUUUUUUUURKED FUUDO. 4 straight rounds.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Apr-04-15 11:02 PM
295288, That was incredible
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Apr-06-15 09:15 AM

Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Mon Apr-06-15 09:15 AM
I guess it won't come out this month due to the MKX hype, so I'm guessing May? Possibly Memorial Day Weekend just to let MKX get a month of gameplay.
295295, I didn't even consider MKX being the reason
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Apr-06-15 01:08 PM
why they been quiet about the PS4 version (WHICH I CAN'T WAIT FOR).

I think you're on to something.
295301, People are hype for MKX?
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Apr-06-15 02:47 PM
295304, casuals is hype for mkx.
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Apr-06-15 10:37 PM
295305, 9 and injustice were in evo 2014
Posted by bearfield, Mon Apr-06-15 10:50 PM
so there must be quite a few people who like those games

i agree with ike though. mk is and always has been burning garbage
295307, i was just tryna start a war
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Apr-06-15 11:59 PM
i'ma cop MKX. i'll play it for like two weeks like i do all the NRS games.
295310, Yeah. When that, Smash, or Tekken is on I wanna fast forward
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Apr-07-15 12:53 AM
I did have MK9 and the story mode was aight. With Injustice I smartened up and just watched the cinematics on Youtube (then got it for free with PS+ and was glad I didn't spend real money on it).
295314, Every stream, character reveal, X-Ray, Fatalilty is all over SRK
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Tue Apr-07-15 05:36 PM
and every other game site. They already have a slot on EVO & other tournaments.
295323, Ughhh >_<
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Apr-08-15 04:00 PM
Well, at least it's not as bad as Tekken.
295371, This Daigo person is pretty good:
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Apr-12-15 11:52 AM
http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2015/apr/11/daigo-silly/
295388, Daigo still the best at long sets
Posted by will_5198, Mon Apr-13-15 06:10 PM
Canada Cup Masters and Topanga League are perfect for him.
295389, Smug did well, too
Posted by will_5198, Mon Apr-13-15 06:14 PM
after getting blown up the first day, he rallied with some impressive sets. (lulz @ the early US reactions...my favorite was Sanford complaining that selfish Americans don't share tech and *he* would've done better than Smug, when he never shared Sagat strategy with Smug because he wants to be NLBC king).

beat Momochi, kept beating Poongko, and went 9-10 against Sako and Xian. all the top players except Daigo got rocked in at least one set, though, which just shows how good everyone is and how much match-ups matter in USF4.

295418, I lol'd at that Sanford shit
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Apr-15-15 12:00 PM
I'm like "what game is he playing?"

Sanford is my guy but that shit was ridiculous.
295441, I called it! PS4 release date revealed after MK X drops, lol
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Fri Apr-17-15 12:51 PM
USFIV PS4 version comes out May 26 (called that too) but the big surprise is that it's for only $25!!! I was expecting it to be about $50

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/ultra-street-fighter-4-ps4-release-date-and-pricing
295444, you peeped game. and that price is more than right.
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Apr-17-15 03:49 PM
295446, man WHAT?! The last SFIV I bought was Super, I'm coppin this
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Fri Apr-17-15 05:22 PM
295698, Ok... I'll buy it now. :-)
Posted by jetblack, Thu May-14-15 04:34 PM
295666, Texas Showdown finals were pretty hype
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun May-10-15 11:26 PM
Snake Eyes in losers vs Infiltration.
Posted by will_5198, Mon May-11-15 03:47 PM
Infiltration has a crazy roster of tournament-viable characters -- that's big for the Capcom Cup. it's fun watching him go nuts with Dudley on his stream.

Snake has to make a ton of hard reads against the top level players; I love when he hits on them but it's tough when he's counter-picked and can't win footsies.

the K-Brad/Snake thing looked damn near set up (pop-off wise). I enjoyed it, though.
295700, RE: nice scramble at the end there.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu May-14-15 05:17 PM
>Infiltration has a crazy roster of tournament-viable
>characters -- that's big for the Capcom Cup. it's fun watching
>him go nuts with Dudley on his stream.

Yeah. I love the counter-picking. I haven't seen his stream much, but I've heard it's great.

>Snake has to make a ton of hard reads against the top level
>players; I love when he hits on them but it's tough when he's
>counter-picked and can't win footsies.

On one hand this is really fun to watch, but on the other hand, it's frustrating because he is hamstrung by the character choice...I'd like to see him go to E. Ryu more often. He did that once, right? I know Oni has been a side character of his for a while, but I'm pretty sure he won a tourney match with E. Ryu not long ago.

>the K-Brad/Snake thing looked damn near set up (pop-off wise).
>I enjoyed it, though.

Posted by will_5198, Fri May-15-15 01:38 PM
>character of his for a while, but I'm pretty sure he won a
>tourney match with E. Ryu not long ago.

yeah, he beat Bonchan of all people with E. Ryu a couple months ago at Final Round. I think after getting 7-0'd by Xiao Hai, Snake decided to stop playing Gief against Sagat.

funny thing is I heard James Chen or someone say that before the Bonchan match, Snake had been practicing his E. Ryu against the WNF crew and getting blown up. so maybe part of it was Bonchan being completely off-guard (and Daigo's E. Ryu is his demon).

still, Snake was a time-out away from winning his last tournament using only Gief, so he can still get far despite the counter picks and 1.04 green hand nerf. hopefully he has E. Ryu ready for Capcom Cup.
295699, USF4 for PC $15 on steam through 5/19
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu May-14-15 05:15 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/

Posted by Wonderl33t, Wed May-20-15 09:52 AM
It's on PC. I recommend if for anyone looking for some action. They alternate every week between 7 EST and 7 PST start times to give both coasts a chance to participate.

They stream it as well on twitch.tv/redditfighting

Here is a replay to see the vibe and the commentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bONPqxqLYKk&index=1&list=PLpx8A8bFuneL4isyRbXJ7eC9xBBFTwQCW (my match is at 29 minutes)

I went 1-2. Beat a Rufus with my Guile, then lost to a Hakan on stream (I used Guile and Rufus) and then lost to a Ken (Guile/Rufus again even though Rufus stinks against Ken). The Hakan was tough. I could have beaten the Ken if I wasn't so rusty. All intermediate Kens play the same, and they are pretty beatable with Guile if you are in practice. It's all low-forward, step kick, kara throw, EX crossup tatsu. My win rate is pretty high if I can keep from getting sucked into the kara throw shenanigans. But I was too out of practice to handle it the other night.
Posted by ChampD1012, Tue May-26-15 07:25 AM
295815, RE: Do they do one on any of the consoles?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue May-26-15 09:29 AM
Panda X Gaming was doing an Xbox 360 weekly tournament for a while. And I believe LevelUp is doing an MKX weekly for PS4. That's about all I know of. Aside from USF4 WNF Online Edition which is also on PC.
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Tue May-26-15 03:57 PM
295836, I just did. Got it downloading now
Posted by Lach, Tue May-26-15 05:17 PM
Been a year or so since I've picked up Street Fighter. Guess it's time to put in some work.
295837, port is getting murdered by the community
Posted by will_5198, Tue May-26-15 08:52 PM
menu lag, in-game lag, tons of sound glitches, jacked up hitboxes, accidental move delays/nerfs...and this is supposed to be the official EVO version in two months.
295838, I did, then looked at GAF at read it was fucked.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue May-26-15 10:52 PM
Haven't played it yet to see how fucked. Hopefully it gets patched ASAP.

I would not have expected them to fuck up a port of such an old game.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3_uTlgodXE

Yeah, so it's pretty fucked. No way they let people play this in tournaments.
295843, patch has to be incoming in the next week or so
Posted by Lach, Wed May-27-15 10:17 AM
295840, Yes
Posted by Amon, Wed May-27-15 08:09 AM
PSN: Amonsoon
xbl: Hotep
295842, I gave my PS3 to my pops when I heard they were porting it to PS4
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed May-27-15 09:49 AM
Now I'm PS3 less with a shitty port that I paid for before I heard the news.

I have an old 4 GB Xbox but I basically have to spend like $250+ to play Street Fighter on it.
295862, I've read a few comments that the bugs are mainly when the game
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu May-28-15 09:44 AM
is only partially downloaded. Because apparently on PS4 you can play games before they're fully downloaded.
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Thu May-28-15 12:24 PM
295839, Daigo vs. Momochi: Stunfest Grand Finals 2015
Posted by will_5198, Tue May-26-15 10:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaXhe_XPsU

best grand finals (or any set, really) of the year. Momochi with the ridiculous footsies to avoid cr.mk by a pixel, Daigo adjusting and opening him up with focus attacks and his own footsies, that Sako-esque combo, Momochi getting aggressive with hard reads...basically the highest level of USF4 you could imagine.

the whole 20 minutes is worth your time, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaXhe_XPsU&t=9m39s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaXhe_XPsU&t=12m7s

Ebi vs. Kazunoko was pretty good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Io-eA_jaTA&t=3m10s

dope to see a Hakan at a major doing well.
295866, awesome set, agreed. And the 'Shin Daigo' combo was off the chain
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu May-28-15 02:07 PM

Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu May-28-15 02:11 PM

Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu May-28-15 02:14 PM
295872, and RAGO!
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu May-28-15 05:35 PM

Posted by will_5198, Fri May-29-15 12:38 AM
they'd be epic for EVO this year
295873, Any good PS4 fightsticks yet?
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Thu May-28-15 09:38 PM
Or am I waiting on that Mad Catz TE2?
295882, I believe they are letting PS3 sticks work on USFIV for the PS4
Posted by spenzalii, Fri May-29-15 09:54 AM
If not, I'd get the HRAP4
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/real-arcade-pro-4-kai-for-playstation-4-and-playstation-3/121015?cid=fds_10000001&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=111528&gclid=CjwKEAjwnKCrBRCm1YuPrtWW0QMSJAC-5UYkx9Sv48Z2V7RcgKpi9kQJ6x3A56IhUGb1UvmBmtgHFxoCcnnw_wcB
295885, PS3 sticks will work. But side note, I like the Mad Catz PS4
Posted by Wonderl33t, Fri May-29-15 03:40 PM
over the Hori. I've had the fortune of trying out both. The Hori stick is very light and sorta feels cheap, although it works fine. The Mad Catz has a heavier feel to it which I like, plus it opens easily for storage and customization (buttons, stick, art etc). I think the extra $50 is worth it. The only knock I have on the Mad Catz is that due to it being an openable/hinged case, the bezel of the top part has some slight movement to it, and you can feel it when you are playing.
Posted by L_O_Quent, Sun Jun-07-15 10:58 AM
They said PS3 ones work but we had to start with the wireless controller and then put the cord in. No issues.
296001, I went 2-2 at the SCR Prelude yesterday. Had to face Chris G
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Jun-07-15 10:08 AM
And actually before I get into it, I want to mention that one of our crew made top 8 in Marvel. N00dleLe0pard. He's legit and we were all pretty pumped. He lost to Nerd Josh in his top 8 match and was eliminated, but it was close and he was ahead most of the time.

Against Chris G, It was more of a slow beatdown than a blowout. I've never been flustered by Sakuras as Guile. The most amazing part to me was the perfect spacing of his jumps to where my crouching fierce anti air would whiff. I did get a moral victory, made him SMH at one point. I threw a sonic boom, he jumped at me, my cr fierce anti air landed, then I walked right up to him with an overhead to the dome, haha.

My 2nd loss was to a Rose who was pretty good. Nothing I could do as Guile or Rufus. My first win was against a Gen who knew what he was doing, but he dropped his combos every time...literally I don't think he completed any. I 2-0'd him. Second win was against a Balrog who was ok. I won the first game convincingly, and actually the power tripped at our table off about 3 seconds after the KO, so I lucked out like an SOB that it didn't kick out any earlier and cancel our game. 2nd game I blew big time. It was 3rd round even life at about 5 percent but I was in control. Then suddenly my execution went to crap and I started jumping when I tried to sonic boom, and on like the third one the guy air to aired me for the loss. First round of game 3, I was completely broken and was still sonic jumping, he took the round and I told myself goddangit, just throw a couple of friggin sonic booms. So I did, and got my crap back together. Won the round, and then round 3 late I was ahead like 10 percent to 5 and ended up sweeping him for the win using good spacing. He wasn't punishing Guile's awful sweep at all, which actually makes it a good sweep, haha. So I kept doing it. Anyhow, overall a blast getting my first 2 wins at a big time tourney. And my wins ironically were against characters that scare me.
Posted by will_5198, Sun Jun-07-15 11:10 PM
>most amazing part to me was the perfect spacing of his jumps
>to where my crouching fierce anti air would whiff.

this is what stands out the most among higher level players. their footsies and spacing are just incredible, as if the hit/hurt boxes are being displayed on screen.

cool you're playing in live tournaments though...you'll be repping for OKP one day if you make an event stream.
296024, RE: from my layman's perspective
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Jun-08-15 09:26 AM
>this is what stands out the most among higher level players.
>their footsies and spacing are just incredible, as if the
>hit/hurt boxes are being displayed on screen.

That's a darn good point! I noticed myself thinking the same thing during the Snake Eyez - Chris T grand finals. Their spacing was pixel perfect to avoid each other's pokes...I was like, How are these whiffing?!

>cool you're playing in live tournaments though...you'll be
>repping for OKP one day if you make an event stream.

Yeah! That would be great to make it on stream for something other than first round beatdown fodder. Sadly, I was on stream at SCR last year for this reason. It's on Youtube...I got bodied against LA's resident T-Hawk. I had only been playing competitively for about 3 months, and had no idea what to do in a tournament situation (as opposed to a long set where you can take your time to figure out your opponent).

Posted by jetblack, Mon Jun-08-15 01:59 AM
hit me up and we can go a few rounds.
296028, Blah...am I really going to have to get a PS4 to play folks?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Jun-08-15 11:49 AM
There's no reason for everyone to not have it on PC...Ultra has been on sale for $15 multiple times. Maybe even like $12.
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Jun-09-15 06:39 AM
Just don't have nearly as much time for it as of late
296053, No problem...It was more of a general complaint
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Jun-09-15 08:55 AM

Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Jun-09-15 11:05 AM
I wanna play PC but I'm gonna have to build it and it's gonna have to be a media server as well.
296059, Definitely. Its requirements are pretty low. What rig do you have now?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Jun-09-15 12:28 PM
The main reason I say there's little excuse to not have it on PC is that it will run fine on slow PCs with the right settings.

Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Jun-09-15 11:08 AM
I tried playing on a pad and man is that not a way I ever want to play SF.
296425, Haven't tried it yet but I will now
Posted by jetblack, Mon Jun-29-15 03:29 PM
296041, why can't i find this on the playstation store
Posted by josephmurf2384, Mon Jun-08-15 06:15 PM
it keeps giving me the rental option for PS now not the buy option for PS4?
296043, RE: why can't i find this on the playstation store
Posted by jetblack, Mon Jun-08-15 06:36 PM
>it keeps giving me the rental option for PS now not the buy
>option for PS4?

Go to the store on your browser. That's how I found it.
296116, USFIV for PC is $18 on Steam, will probably go lower
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Jun-11-15 06:21 PM
Steam summer sale
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Fri Jun-12-15 01:20 AM
http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/11/latest-ultra-street-fighter-iv-patch-on-playstation-4-further-reduces-input-latency-corrects-numerous-sound-issues-and-more/

I gave it a run and got bodied using a pad but was aight when I switched to the TE.

I'm still super rusty tho (damn you, Destiny).
296415, Y'all watching CEO? 801 Strider beat Daigo. Smug beat Mamochi.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sat Jun-27-15 07:20 PM
This shit is pretty hype.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters
296417, 801 celebrated like he was ready to retire.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Jun-27-15 08:00 PM
296420, man, he was just getting started. Utah on the map now.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Jun-28-15 09:30 PM
296421, He put in work for sure.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Jun-28-15 11:39 PM
I'm hype for EVO now.
296423, he's getting better at every major
Posted by will_5198, Mon Jun-29-15 01:20 AM
did solid at Winter Brawl, did great at NCR (beat Momochi, was a dumb wheel kick away from beating Bonchan, and had his chance to beat Daigo), and was amazing this weekend.

CEO and SEAM showed that Evo is still wide-open. can't wait.
296427, Very entertaining...great for the USA
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Jun-29-15 06:05 PM
Although it's bittersweet that an American didn't get first. Next best thing, I guess.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jun-30-15 09:23 AM
296444, CEO > EVO
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Jul-01-15 06:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKAtfMhTcJ8
296426, Anyone going to EVO?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Jun-29-15 06:04 PM
I registered and I have a hotel room, but I'm considering cancelling the hotel and bailing due to business at work the following week and to save funds :(
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Jul-01-15 09:58 AM
300 more than the next game (Smash 4). Almost twice as much as MKX.

When everybody's talking about it's a lame duck game.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/01/evo-2015s-final-registration-numbers-released-see-where-your-favorite-game-stands/

Ultra Street Fighter IV – 2227
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 1926
Super Smash Bros. Melee – 1869
Mortal Kombat X – 1162
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- – 968
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 816
Tekken 7 – 458
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax – 437
Killer Instinct – 397
296451, Damn, there's a Tekken 7?
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Jul-01-15 10:16 AM
lol, I thought it was 5 or 6.
296452, Tekken 7 is technically not out yet
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Jul-01-15 10:22 AM
It's out in Japan at the arcades.

They're bringing the cabs to Evo, otherwise there wouldn't have been any 3D fighters in the lineup.

I'm kinda surprised it got bigger numbers than KI, but I'm betting most cats in the tournament will be playing it for the first time at EVO.
296468, MvC2 would have done better than MvC3, I believe
Posted by spenzalii, Thu Jul-02-15 09:19 AM
That being said, USFIV being top trumps isn't really surprising, is it? Yes it's older, and derivative, but nothing else is out there to seriously challenge it.

Wonder why Skullgirls didn't make any waves
296471, the Marvel crowd is sleeping on SkullGirls so hard
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Jul-02-15 10:03 AM
that game is basically a love letter to MvC2, and in my opinion is the best Western/US-made fighting game ever.

i can't talk, though, because i don't play the game either. i really admire it, but Marvel and anime games have never been my cup of tea.

and i agree with you that Ultra clearly deserves top billing at EVO. anybody with taste can see it's the best fighting game of this generation (and one of the best games period). but you hear so many people hating on the game around the FGC, you'd think people were turning away from it.
296473, RE: the Marvel crowd is sleeping on SkullGirls so hard
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Jul-02-15 10:29 AM
>that game is basically a love letter to MvC2, and in my
>opinion is the best Western/US-made fighting game ever.
>
>i can't talk, though, because i don't play the game either. i
>really admire it, but Marvel and anime games have never been
>my cup of tea.

I thought it was just me when I got into SkullGirls originally..aka I knew it was pretty awesome but I still wasn't in on it because I just don't dig the 'walk up, attempt training room combo, Freebird it for a few seconds, repeat' games.

>and i agree with you that Ultra clearly deserves top billing
>at EVO. anybody with taste can see it's the best fighting game
>of this generation (and one of the best games period). but you
>hear so many people hating on the game around the FGC, you'd
>think people were turning away from it.

I think it is fatigue with the game. If you play in the same circles/communities, there's so many folks employing copycat styles. So it gets to a point where playing one Ryu is like playing 80% of the Ryus out there. As soon as you see his face on the character selection screen, you kind know what the fight is gonna be..every now and then you get surprised. And that's when it is all really sweet/enjoyable.

I really think the game takes on a grand life when you play with different characters in different ways other than the way the tourney cats showed you. IE: if you play every character the same way you would with Ryu, then there's no point really. I've been off to the side trying to mess with non-Gouken characters (Hugo, Fuerte, Dan, Oni) and it has been a blast even though I ain't really winning anything online with those folks.

Jimaveli
296477, it's really unfortunate
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Jul-02-15 01:24 PM
>I thought it was just me when I got into SkullGirls
>originally..aka I knew it was pretty awesome but I still
>wasn't in on it because I just don't dig the 'walk up, attempt
>training room combo, Freebird it for a few seconds, repeat'
>games.

because SkullGirls is clearly beautifully designed from top down. the UI, the tutorials, the music, the netcode, even the gratuitous art design. it's all so thoughtful and well executed.

i'm just not a fan of that sort of gameplay. i don't know if it's just too much stimulation for me, or too fast, or what. i'm not going to fault the game for it. i'm prolly just too old for it.

>I think it is fatigue with the game. If you play in the same
>circles/communities, there's so many folks employing copycat
>styles. So it gets to a point where playing one Ryu is like
>playing 80% of the Ryus out there. As soon as you see his face
>on the character selection screen, you kind know what the
>fight is gonna be..every now and then you get surprised. And
>that's when it is all really sweet/enjoyable.
>
>I really think the game takes on a grand life when you play
>with different characters in different ways other than the way
>the tourney cats showed you. IE: if you play every character
>the same way you would with Ryu, then there's no point really.
>I've been off to the side trying to mess with non-Gouken
>characters (Hugo, Fuerte, Dan, Oni) and it has been a blast
>even though I ain't really winning anything online with those
>folks.

i dig that. i think Ultra, more than any other version of IV, really leads itself to that kind of experimentation too. it seems every tournament this year, a new character has popped up that nobody expects nothing of and wrecks shop.
296475, Ultra breathed new life into it with Delayed Wake up
Posted by Mafamaticks, Thu Jul-02-15 12:38 PM
From AE on down, it was basically "Knock Down Fighter IV."

There wasn't any room for character individuality because everybody's gameplan revolved around getting a hard knock down on your opponent, and then running a mixup that put them in the same situation.

You could play outside of that meta game, but if you wanted the results you almost had no choice.

There are still setups that take advantage of delayed wake up, but it at least encouraged more neutral based play and more originality.
296478, AE was the dark ages. Yun's image still ain't recovered.
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Jul-02-15 01:27 PM
296496, RE: AE was the dark ages. Yun's image still ain't recovered.
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Jul-04-15 10:29 AM
>

Haha. I understood it but I still considered it a trashy way to play a beautiful game. The proof comes when there's folks who can't win a match without a one-combo boogaloo steez.

Now 'jabbity jab jab' the whole round is the thing I don't love dealing with now. That steez has ruined what I think of Ryu. Otherwise, dude is fast with a lot tools, priority, and moves that fit together because capcom said so. And he can be played wonderfully without the bs and still be good. But folks turned him into a flowchart character cuz they don't have the sack to take any real risks that tourney dudes didn't already show them how to manage.
296480, ^^Pretty much
Posted by spenzalii, Thu Jul-02-15 01:56 PM
>that game is basically a love letter to MvC2, and in my
>opinion is the best Western/US-made fighting game ever.
>
>i can't talk, though, because i don't play the game either. i
>really admire it, but Marvel and anime games have never been
>my cup of tea.
It is beautiful, it is an ode to MvC2, but I was never a fan of any of the VS games, so I barely played when I got it. GLad I did get it though, if just to show some support for the team behind it

>and i agree with you that Ultra clearly deserves top billing
>at EVO. anybody with taste can see it's the best fighting game
>of this generation (and one of the best games period). but you
>hear so many people hating on the game around the FGC, you'd
>think people were turning away from it.

It will be interesting to see the game's longevity after SFV drops. Will it pick up the popularity that IV had, or will it divide players much like III did?
296481, i might be too sprung to be rational
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Jul-02-15 02:26 PM
but SFV, at least the build i played, is very hard to dislike.

it's not just a stripped down throw back, and it's not a super modern "technological" systems fighter.

it's in the sweet spot. i keep saying it's a lil ST, a lil Alpha 2, a lil 3S, and a lil Omega IV, because it feels like it's balancing the best parts of the Street Fighter franchise to make something fresh.

so while i don't expect it to kill Ultra immediately (i'd like to see Ultra stick around for another Evo or two), i can't imagine the people who love IV refusing to play V en masse.
296485, That's good to hear
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Jul-03-15 12:47 AM
I was firmly in the SFII camp (even if I really loved what they did with Alpha) and never really could get into SFIII. I think Capcom knew they went too far to the left with it, leading to the tweaks and character additions that ended up as 3S. I've got high hopes for V, and if the transition between it and IV is progressive I welcome it.
296484, I'm not bout that Twitter repost life, but...
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Jul-02-15 11:00 PM
This has to be one of the funniest damn things I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/AlexMyersSf4/status/616497579027660800?s=09

Posted by will_5198, Fri Jul-03-15 01:38 AM
https://twitter.com/markussparticus/status/614896758343139329
296491, Lol...classic
Posted by Wonderl33t, Fri Jul-03-15 02:17 PM

Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Jul-08-15 11:36 AM
http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/06/plan-your-trip-to-las-vegas-with-evo-2015s-official-schedule/

Looks like no SF on Saturday, which works out since I'm helping a friend move that day.
296558, it's crazy they're going to be able to bang out SF on Friday.
Posted by IkeMoses, Wed Jul-08-15 01:14 PM
296634, Evo 2015
Posted by will_5198, Fri Jul-17-15 10:34 AM
America's last chance to win a EVO championship in the Street Fighter IV era.
296635, prolly deserves its own post. i'm hype.
Posted by IkeMoses, Fri Jul-17-15 11:23 AM
296699, 2 Americans in loser bracket is not ideal, but at least we have a shot
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sat Jul-18-15 11:46 AM
I'll admit Du wasn't on my radar for making a top 8. My main hopes were PR Balrog, Dieminion, and Smug. I should have been thinking about him because he outperforms those guys at majors lately.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sat Jul-18-15 12:48 PM
296698, $10 on steam right now
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sat Jul-18-15 11:44 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Jul-23-15 05:56 PM
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Jul-23-15 07:58 PM
>http://i.imgur.com/81XSukd.jpg <-- Happy trails

jimaveli

I'm on XBL, PS3, or PS4. I'd prefer PS4 but I'm good with either choice.
296806, RE: A year deep and I have yet to play a fellow OKP. XBL or Steam get at me
Posted by Wonderl33t, Fri Jul-24-15 12:51 AM
Cool. I'll add you. Or you can add me if you get on soon. Expandingman
Posted by 2Future4U, Sun Jul-26-15 12:14 AM
come get some from a former world ranked Guile player ;)
296822, RE: PS4 - FUSON909 is my handle
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Jul-26-15 10:50 AM
>come get some from a former world ranked Guile player ;)

Who do you run with now? I THINK we played on PS4. I'm basically Gouken all the time online. I'm still suffering a bit from 'I only got into the beta once for 7 minutes' sadness. Charlie's Ultra is in my heart tho.

I've been messing around offline with Guile and Seth lately, but I'm nowhere near ready to go public with either unless I'm in an endless battle type of situation. I've been messing with Omega too..trying to find the characters that KINDA SORTA play like SF V folks. Ken and Guile..Omega is just fun with most of the folks.

I have to prepare for a post-Gouken world since there's basically no way he makes the SF V roster. After folks got over the initial shock of all that he could do and he took a little nerfage, folks have Gouken as middle of the pack at best and catching a mirror match is basically impossible. And if you're dedicated, most of what he does can be nullified by a chunk of the folks that people love to play with all the time.
296828, we played yesterday right?
Posted by 2Future4U, Sun Jul-26-15 04:47 PM
ive been getting bodied by Goukens left and right the past 2 days LOL. so far not too bad on pad right now, waiting for the SF5 TE stick thats coming in the fall.
296831, RE: we played yesterday right?
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Jul-26-15 10:09 PM
>ive been getting bodied by Goukens left and right the past 2
>days LOL. so far not too bad on pad right now, waiting for the
>SF5 TE stick thats coming in the fall.

Because technology can be awesome, I went and checked the fight log. Yep. Gouken vs Guile. It certainly wasn't a bodying by any stretch. And hell...where dem other Goukens at!? Haha. I straight up follow a couple of them to see how they do against some folks and characters that body me sometimes. It breaks my heart when I see them drop a punish in a close one, but they tend to be so patient that they win anyway. ViperGoomba...whoo.

It was a mindgame show both ways on ours. We were both chasing projectiles: me with the slide, you with the backfist. The double backfist was so twisted..I was so shocked almost every time you threw the 2nd one. I swore I made you throw that last one with my mind and I finally had both the sense enough to read it and the sack to double down on the read and throw out a Gouken Block.

I've been doing story mode study time by playing with characters I see online with regularity. I hadn't done that in a while..I still loathe Ryu..haha. I'm almost liking Seth tho. Too bad he bleeds like Ric Flair 85. And Ken feels almost TOO easy to play with..still.
296827, You're Fuson??? Props
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Jul-26-15 02:29 PM
That's awesome
Posted by 2Future4U, Sun Jul-26-15 04:49 PM
I'll always play Street Fighter, but the thing was, I've always been just an arcade player..with Capcom making this strictly a console release, I had to invest in a PS4, looking forward to play with some of yall on USF4/SF5
296835, RE: thanks man
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Jul-27-15 09:16 AM
Very cool. The offline/arcade scene is more exciting to watch. I main Giule and I watched a ton of videos of your play when I was first picking up the game in like 2009-2010.

Why arcade only, out of curiosity? Did you practice and train at home at all or only in arcades? It seems like it would be hard to grind and get better if you had to go to an arcade to do it. And did the versions of the game (super, AE, etc) update in the arcade cabinets here in the USA as well?

>I'll always play Street Fighter, but the thing was, I've
>always been just an arcade player..with Capcom making this
>strictly a console release, I had to invest in a PS4, looking
>forward to play with some of yall on USF4/SF5

Posted by 2Future4U, Mon Jul-27-15 06:33 PM

>
>Why arcade only, out of curiosity? Did you practice and train
>at home at all or only in arcades? It seems like it would be
>hard to grind and get better if you had to go to an arcade to
>do it. And did the versions of the game (super, AE, etc)
>update in the arcade cabinets here in the USA as well?

At the time in Southern CA, arcade was THEE place to get competition, all the heavy hitters went to Arcade Infinity / Video 94..console was great only to practice and tournaments, but for about 3-4 years arcade SF4 in SoCal was unbelievable, and yes the machines were updated
296840, I'll add you. I'm Biggamal
Posted by Mafamaticks, Mon Jul-27-15 10:20 AM
I decided to stick with Sagat but I'll bust out Hugo every once in a while.
297317, Just picked this up on PS3
Posted by Sleepy, Thu Sep-03-15 04:27 PM
I've never played SF4 before, so I need some practice.

PSN - DaSleepiest
297347, Infiltration/Puerto Rico First Attack
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Sep-07-15 05:25 PM
Spoilers....

Infiltration is darn near my hero forever after that. As much as I like Snake Eyez. Wow.
Posted by will_5198, Tue Sep-15-15 11:55 AM
Capcom Cup is going to be crazy. Snake Eyez seemed unprepared for Hugo, but had a dominant performance against Dieminion at TFC last weekend.
297426, Hugo is a bad matchup for Gief. Snake got counter picked.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Tue Sep-15-15 01:47 PM
But yeah, more knowledge of the matchup and he might have done a bit better since he did great against a good Guile, which isn't the greatest matchup either.

I think Infiltration would have won regardless since he could just pick another character that beats Gief and go nuts.
297425, I'm getting a bunch of heads together to play online on PS4
Posted by Mafamaticks, Tue Sep-15-15 12:46 PM
Friday nights maybe around 8 or so. It's gonna be intermediate level players in there but everyone is welcome. I'll post in here once I get stuff squared away.
297478, It doesn't cross with PS3, does it? Can't remember
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Sep-18-15 09:18 AM
If it does, I'd be game to get my ass whopped...
298353, Motherfucking Capcom Cup!
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Dec-03-15 02:35 AM
Brackets are out! Who ya got?

http://challonge.com/capcom_cup_2015

This shit is way harder than the NCAAs.

I'd say Momochi, Poongko, Infiltration, Bonchan, and Kazunoko are guaranteed to come out of that first round. Can't call it beyond that.

I'm rooting for Snake Eyez because black Zangiefs and all, but if I had to bet against the everyone I'd say Infiltration wins it all.
298354, RE: Motherfucking Capcom Cup!
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Dec-03-15 10:24 AM
My call is that if Gamerbee's Elena is on point, it's Gamerbee over Infiltration in the final.
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Dec-03-15 03:33 PM
298366, I'm hype.
Posted by will_5198, Fri Dec-04-15 01:41 PM
Momochi is the clear favorite -- the run he's been on since Ultra came out is amazing. I think his side of the bracket is a little softer overall too.

Snake ain't getting through all the Elena army with Gief and his Evil Ryu isn't anything scary.
298390, Nemo out (0-2)
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 03:07 PM
Valmaster beat him losers. Xian could have lost to Valmaster too (Xian had one ridiculous choke round where he got Ultra'd).
298395, Best Chun in the world. I hope Val plays her in SFV
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 03:21 PM
because she's much better in that game (in the recent builds).
298399, Valmaster looked really good against Xian.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Dec-06-15 03:45 PM
298391, Keoma just rolled Snake Eyez
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 03:14 PM
didn't lose a round. Snake had sizable leads in all three rounds, but kept eating tornado throws and hitting buttons into Ultras.
298392, Snake Eyez in losers already...is he in an identity crisis?
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Dec-06-15 03:15 PM
I'm not overreacting to this loss, been wondering for a little while. Before this year he was the super calculated and disciplined Gief, then this year he's started going a little more aggressive and risky. I feel like he's caught between the two.
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 03:17 PM
he was known for using all the round and his footsies to stalk you down. he was hitting a million buttons against Keoma and should have never ate that Ultra in the first round. I think he got flustered after that.
298394, He is more active than he used to be
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 03:20 PM
but it's been to his advantage for the most part.

He's pulled further ahead of the other Americans this year, so I don't think he's falling off.

I think it's just Keoma. Keoma is having his coming out moment right now. He was wrecking shop in Europe last week too.
298396, Justin Wong eating burn kicks like it's 2009
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 03:36 PM
AMERICA WINLESS
298397, ABEL OP! Tokido sent to losers.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 03:43 PM
298398, ABEL ARMY
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 03:44 PM
Tokido sent to loser's convincingly by Shiro

Strider 801 omen? :\
298400, Never heard of this Daigo guy, but he's not bad.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 03:53 PM
Dieminion put up a good fight tho.
298401, yeah, Dieminion played the match-up well
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 03:55 PM
Daigo just too godlike when it matters. landing that U2, the dive kick in the corner...so good.
298402, U-S-A!
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 04:03 PM
pick a top tier (c)
298404, Evil too good.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 04:04 PM
298405, Snake converted his combos
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 04:08 PM
but honestly he did a lot of random shit too (light tatsu in neutral? ex fireball punish after yolo DP?). hit his footsies though and yeah, a good two-bar Evil Ryu conversion can win you the game.
298403, Snake's E. Ryu eliminated Gackt!
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 04:03 PM
He's already doing better than last year.
298406, gotdamn, China looking worse than USA
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 04:11 PM
298407, Justin dead, tho.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 04:12 PM
298410, nevermind, Xiao Hai sent Bonchan back to Japan
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 04:35 PM
298408, Dieminion took Tokido to the brink, yo. He had the toughest draw.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 04:22 PM
298409, Tokiiiiidooooo
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 04:23 PM
his frame traps and mix-ups are works of art. Dieminion had him on match point twice, but what a stylish read for Tokido to U2 the flash kick.
298411, Strider 801 heartbreaker
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 04:35 PM
had Kazunoko on match point twice...
298412, clear favorite (c) Momochi done
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 05:54 PM
just lost to Luffy. too many killers!
298413, upset city
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 05:55 PM
298414, should have been Aris instead of Skisonic on the mic
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Dec-06-15 05:57 PM
or just anyone other than Skisonic, really.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 06:00 PM
(I've had that stream on mute all day, tho...)
298420, F-Word and Logan might be my favorite commentary team, tho
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 06:11 PM
They hit that nice balance of insight and charisma.
298416, BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU! Keoma not scared of nobody.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 06:07 PM
298417, S-U-S-A!
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 06:08 PM
Keoma with no respect (c) F-Word
298418, Keoma is going the fuck in.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Dec-06-15 06:08 PM
I think he's definitely the best Abel.
298419, I'm convinced. 801 getting his limelight stole.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 06:09 PM
298421, DA SHOW throwing more raw DPs than drunk Daigo
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 06:15 PM
298422, Tokido ended up making him pay for it too.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 06:16 PM
298423, Dragon Eyez in top 16.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 06:35 PM
298424, good stuff
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 06:37 PM
298425, Du too
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 06:53 PM
more or less the two best US players...Dieminion has always complained about the Guile-Fei match-up, but that's two in a row Du has beat Fuudo in a major
298426, Battle of the Babyfaces. Du the future.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 07:07 PM
298427, Xian/Keoma was probably the best match so far.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 07:13 PM
298428, wow, Xian into top 8
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 07:14 PM
clutch whiff punish > super > Ultra > mix-up

hell of a set between him and Keoma. came down to the last game.
298429, Shin Daigo is winning it all today. I can feel it.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 07:27 PM
298430, that comeback with a pixel of life?
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 07:28 PM
then the second comeback a round later?

THE BEAST
298457, best comeback of the day...ridiculous
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Dec-07-15 10:33 AM

Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 07:38 PM
298432, spoke too soon. he got one more match.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 07:39 PM
he up against Human Bomb next.
298433, In now! Fuck a counter pick!!
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Dec-06-15 08:09 PM
298434, Spooky was right; HumanBomb cracked
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 08:10 PM
he had no idea what he was doing in that last game.
298436, Yeah, that was kinda sad.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Dec-06-15 08:17 PM
Woulda been way better off sticking to his guns.
298435, I don't know why he thought Snake wasn't ready
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 08:15 PM
for such an obvious counter character.
298437, Keoma in there too!
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 08:21 PM
298438, Playing Snake too. Ugh.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Dec-06-15 08:23 PM
I really hope he doesn't get bodied again.
298439, Snake been fighting Abels all day, man. Runbacks favor the loser, tho.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 08:27 PM
298440, Goddamn Kaz got Daigo figured all the way out.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 10:01 PM
298443, that was embarrassing.
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 10:19 PM
I watched a couple of their Topanga matches and thought Daigo was fucking around a bit getting hit so much, but the ownership is real. Kazu is crazy.
298441, Motherfucking Snake Eyez!!!!!!
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Dec-06-15 10:17 PM
298444, AMERICA
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 10:20 PM
super tense match. every round was ridiculous.

props to Keoma though -- I want to see more of this guy in SFV.
298442, Keoma/Snake was a classic too.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 10:18 PM
298445, Lost free to Daigo, but took home $10,000 for 5th. Great run for Snake.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 10:47 PM
298446, Damn, that's a tough one
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Sun Dec-06-15 10:47 PM
I'm not sure if I've ever seen Snake get a round on Diago. Great job going as far as he did tho.
298450, brutal to watch
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 11:51 PM
but yeah, Snake had a great tournament. confirmed best USA.
298447, KAZCOM CUP 2015
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 11:11 PM
298449, props
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 11:50 PM
Yun haters unite. no need to block when literally every read he had was hitting.
298448, Shout out to the random Vita on the CapCup stage.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 11:33 PM
298451, Start to finish, the best tourney I've ever seen.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 11:52 PM
Daigo managed to make Grand Finals a match, but Kazu was untouchable today.

And yo, I can't take anybody who hates on USF4 seriously.
298452, huge step up in production value this Capcom Cup
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 11:53 PM
EVO is still the best tournament and atmosphere, but I was enjoying the professional overlays and camera work. 100x better than the high school TV broadcast set-up they had last year.
298453, and no wack ass bands keeping all the matches 2 out of 3.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Dec-06-15 11:54 PM
298454, the spirit of DJ iPad lives on though
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-06-15 11:56 PM
he was rocking the stream break music
298455, That Indestructible remix with Flo Rida tho
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Dec-07-15 03:08 AM