Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectit IS generic, but it's solid.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=287158&mesg_id=287345
287345, it IS generic, but it's solid.
Posted by IkeMoses, Sun Nov-17-13 03:14 AM
the gameplay isn't innovative by any stretch but it feels great. i thought the owl was gonna be an annoying gimmick, but i love using that shit, especially for support fire (since i like to run up on niggas with the shottie).

the missions are pretty basic. you're completing fetch quests and fending off random ass waves of enemies in between them, but it's not bottle necked on some Call of Duty campaign shit. the levels feel very open.

i can't speak on the multiplayer maps yet, but i hear they aren't very dynamic.

it's hard to get too mad at the level design because the art is so gorgeous. the only jank is in the facial animations. especially coming off GTA V, anything not mo-capped just feels unsuitable now.

the writing is stale and the lead actor is lame as hell, but shout out to Dave Estes from Homeland playing the BLACK MILITARY FATHER FIGURE trope.

it's a shame that the story is whatever because i love the premise and setting of the Killzone series. there's so much you could do, especially with today's political backdrop, with an interplanetary Cold War.

this joint is a solid B, 4 out of 5 stars, 80 percent whatever, whatever.