Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectBlack Ops 2 sounds like the COD I would have liked the most.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=285136&mesg_id=287038
287038, Black Ops 2 sounds like the COD I would have liked the most.
Posted by wallysmith, Fri Nov-08-13 09:13 PM
I stopped owning the franchise on Black Ops, didn't like MW3, then didn't bother with BO2. But it did sound like Treyarch was trying to introduce innovative mechanics, and not just slap a new coat of paint on an aging engine.

Playing World at War on Wii was actually a LOT of fucking fun, and I felt that their control scheme with the nunchuk had the best of both worlds (controller and kb/m) because it had the analog stick for movement, but free roaming aim with the remote. A bit wonkier pointing at the screen instead of using a mouse, but once you got the hang of it, it was cool sitting laidback with the remote & chuk, and not have to grip a controller for hours.

And that control scheme is also the only with a crosshair that isn't locked into the center of the screen. You could smoothly strafe (for a stable FOV), allowing you to focus on the wiimote for aiming. I could aim way better with that than with analog sticks (my aim's not that great, but still).

But yeah... all that to say Treyarch nailed that Wii control scheme. I had fun with Black Ops, but I stopped playing it when other games came out.