Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectThe controller is a huge improvement from the PS3
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=283679&mesg_id=286625
286625, The controller is a huge improvement from the PS3
Posted by HighVoltage, Thu Oct-24-13 08:36 PM
I am not a big fan of the DualShock 3, so I was extremely curious to try out the DS4. It immediately felt better when I held it. I always thought the DS3 felt too small and cramped and my hands never felt totally comfortable gripping it. The DS4 is much fatter and the handles are on a steeper angle, so it feels great this time. Your hands are more upright than on an angle, which I really prefer. Doesnt feel cheap either, its well designed.

Touchpad wasnt working for the demos, but it felt nice to touch and the entire pad clicks in as a button.

The curved triggers are an awesome addition, but i wish they had a bit more resistance.

Bottom line is I hate the DS3 and I thought this new controller was a tremendous improvement. I think the 360 controller was the best ever, so I am curious to hold the Xbox One controller (the Microsoft store had a Xbone and Controller under glass... the controller looked much bigger than the old X360 controller).

edit: forgot to answer about the interface.... it wasnt the new PS4 dash... it was just a series of tiles of the game demos designed for the demo units only.