Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectOh, I wouldn't doubt that at all.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=283679&mesg_id=284487
284487, Oh, I wouldn't doubt that at all.
Posted by wallysmith, Mon Jul-08-13 12:33 PM
To be honest though, I've never played LOL or DOTA, just because they would absolutely consume me. And the requisite teamwork needed to succeed in these types of games will inevitably invite griefers of every form.

But I think a big factor with these reputation systems is that they're so predicated on user participation. I would imagine most people experiencing abuse would just grumble and KIM. Most probably wouldn't take the effort needed to report the abusers and go through the process to punish someone.

With that said, this sort of sophistication in policing players still feels like it's in its infancy. Game developers are usually preoccupied with ensuring their game behaves well, not necessarily that their *players* will. I don't think DOTA or X1 (or any system really) will ever truly eliminate bad eggs, but at least it's encouraging that companies are willing to put more effort into it.