Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectc'mon son
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=283219&mesg_id=283752
283752, c'mon son
Posted by Calico, Tue Jun-11-13 09:34 PM

every business is "pro consumer", and why are they pro consumer? cause they're "pro profit"...no such thing as anything else when you break it all down......people say they hate gamestop but they make ALOT of money every year, so SOMEBODY is going....and saying Gamestop is the only one interested in the used game market is bs, i've seen used games at Target and Best Buy, and even Toy's R Us trying to tap a lil bit into that big market, and i'm sure there are more places....

the whole argument you present is kind of silly though...OF COURSE Microsoft and Sony want the person buying the new game to spend as much as possible, why wouldn't they...the fact i'd pay about $70-$80 to cop GTA5 doesn't really change the fact that some other people would rather wait a couple months and try to buy it used for $40-50....those two tangents don't change because the creator claims they're customer friendly...it's a constant because of the level of need to have that product from an individual....charging more for the game doesn't change shit for someone who was never gonna buy at "regular" price anyway, what it can do though, is make the person being charged more have second thoughts, which none of them want....