Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subject1 tb drive installed!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=278577&mesg_id=288260
288260, 1 tb drive installed!
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Dec-29-13 06:35 PM
>It's a great system and has so many games I haven't touched.
>Got back into Infamous 2 just yesterday.

I've restored all of the stuff I had on my 120 gb hard drive. I'm now dl'ing a grip of games I had on my system at one time or another. Shiiiid...this is probably the best library of games I've ever had on 1 system. And I missed stuff cuz I wasn't smart enough to just grab free/discounted stuff when it was available and download later.

A few more notes on hard drive swap that I didn't see everywhere:
- from a computer...download the latest system software update in a folder called PS3/UPDATE on a thumb drive or a fat32-format external hard drive. You'll need it when you start the system with your brand new hard drive.
- after you're up an running with your files after doing a system backup --> restore, be sure to activate your system (psn, account management, system activation) so you can play ps+ games, access your cloud saves, etc.
- until you switch out, don't pull a me...get discounted/free games in the ps store even if you don't/can't dl them right then. The store keeps a list of games you've purchased so you can go back to that list and easily dl stuff later/again/etc. I'm doing this right now and realizing that I could've had even more ish right now.

Jimaveli: still a little gamer left in me.