Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectyeah, it's a bit disconcerting switching from 11v11 online back to AI
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=275606&mesg_id=275746
275746, yeah, it's a bit disconcerting switching from 11v11 online back to AI
Posted by celery77, Thu Sep-13-12 04:49 PM
because the behavior you expect out of the two is really, really different.

AI holds position (to a fault, like you've said) but when it's 11v11 Pro games you'll get pressed by 3 or 4 ball chasers at full sprint dying to leave their feet all at the same time. but that also means there are CHASMS of space around the field so the challenge becomes to see the next pass before you receive the ball, take a touch which will allow that, and then release quickly. it's really fun to me.

I got into it when I started to get bored of beating AI teams the same way over and over so I started playing more Pro matches and got hooked on trying to find the patterns in the madness. and when I played the head-to-head matches like you're doing, I found I either possessed a relative beginner to death and got drops or I played against a player on a whole 'nother level than me that would have a 3-0 or 4-0 lead at half.

and yeah, I dunno, the challenge of dominating space and playing link up into what is ALWAYS rapid counterattacks became like candy to me, can't wait to go after it again now that standing tackles actually work...