Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectonly got to the demo last night, offensive movement seems much improved
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=275606&mesg_id=275703
275703, only got to the demo last night, offensive movement seems much improved
Posted by celery77, Thu Sep-13-12 09:51 AM
but the defense was just as frustrating. I bet that's a much bigger rub playing human competition online, cuz part of the reason I got stuck in as d-mid in the Pro Clubs is because I play sweeper in front of the backline (which remains all AI players ~90% of the time), because if you just let the computer handle the defending, whole midfield/forward lines of human players will SAVAGE them by running into space and passing at the right times. so I slide into gaps and deny passes or at least pressure so they can't boot it straight into the front of the goal.

but yeah, it's pretty funny in Pro Clubs, if you position well you can just run straight onto thru passes really easy because guys are expecting the AI to just lollygag in their lane.

seems like they really upped the effectiveness of the standing tackle, too (although maybe I shouldn't speak too soon cuz I might have just been picking off the weak AI, might be different in Clubs) which is a great, great fix to me because getting turnovers in midfield felt downright impossible at times in 12, even when I would get my guy inside the damn jersy of the opposition.

can't say too much about the dribbling change, there's noticeably different animations with close control, but I still haven't learned how to routinely beat defenders 1v1. I just know how to take space and pass smart.