Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectSo, let's look at your counterarguments...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=266716&mesg_id=279882
279882, So, let's look at your counterarguments...
Posted by wallysmith, Thu Jan-31-13 02:21 PM
You've got this:

>Look at every post you made in this thread after Apple's
>victory. You seem personally hurt by Apple's successful W.
>Your posts prove you a fanboy.

So being a "fanboy" is an argument now? I've stated in other threads that I actually have a personal inclination to see the company do well (as it directly affects the size of my yearly bonus). Bad business practices reflect poorly on a company... hence my crusade.

As for Apple's "successful W".... this was built on a house of cards. Sure, they'll probably still win some fines, but Judge Koh just ruled that infringement wasn't "willful", which was the entire basis for the jury's $1 billion award (not to mention awards based on patents that are tentatively declared no longer valid by the issuing body).

Now, can you actually discuss this issue like a well informed, rational human being, or are you just going to continue relying on inane catch phrases and accusatory statements?

I'm fine with either one, but it's clear I'd have a lot more fun if you continue with the track that you're on now.

> Most of those articles are half-assed clickbait.

Could you explain how they're half-assed clickbait? Please explain to me, oh wise, well informed Apple supporter.

>So Samsung STILL LOST and IS GUILTY AND OWES Apple $1 billion.
>Okay got it.

Hmm... so you still haven't read the articles, nor understand what is going on.

Here's a direct question for you: if the patents the awards were based on are found invalid, and if Judge Koh herself finds that Samsung did not willfully infringe, will that $1 billion award still stand? Serious question... I would love to see your answer to this.

Edit: Oh, and I noticed you still haven't addressed that post I linked to up above.