Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectdon't get me wrong, GOW3 was repetitive too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=263923&mesg_id=264790
264790, don't get me wrong, GOW3 was repetitive too
Posted by xangeluvr, Sat Nov-05-11 08:12 AM
so yeah i agree, but in a way it worked better to me because that was the whole premise of the game. they were at war, they had specific objectives around the game world that they were trying to get to and secure so it made sense that you'd just go from battle to battle.

however, in UC3 the climbing didn't always make sense. you were climbing these obstacles just to climb because that's the game. i mean, dude can't get ANYWHERE in the entire game without climbing SOMETHING. i was especially taken out of the game when the route you took was extremely difficult and they made it seem like only a select few could make it, and yet when you get to the top every joe schmoe enemy was waiting for you. like how in the hell did they get up here? it just made drake less special in a way. i mean, he's supposed to be this ultra explorer, right?

truth is, these are minor gripes for discussion and as i said i loved both games, UC3 and GOW3.

i may have to pop GOW3 back in, but off the top of the head i still think that the visuals were better than UC3. regardless, both were flippin' beautiful to look at.