Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: Nah, B.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=255912&mesg_id=256248
256248, RE: Nah, B.
Posted by philpot, Sat May-21-11 02:15 PM

>They BEEN touting a faithfully recreated L.A. to roam and
>explore

the game delivers that, it just doesn't allow you to run around shootin folks up

it is a faithfully recreated LA (i assume, not from LA lol) and you can roam and explore (collect all the cars, view the faithfully recreated areas, do the "streets of la" where you drive around and answer calls--for each desk too)

>and the level of interactivity with the city itself
>is the lowest of any of their open world games.

i think that's a GOOD thing for THIS game, and i don't recall the press on the game touting it's interactivity, mainly the previews were about the game entirely separate from it being in an open world

the game is as good as games that are straight 1 player non-open-world games, the open world is a bonus almost

>And that's what you expect from a R* game.

that's what you expect from gta or rdr...rockstar has more games than that

>For the record, I said that I liked the game. I don't expect
>just a 1940's GTA. I like the fact that they are making you
>think.
>But people are fulla shit if they said they expected a linear
>game with NO real side quests/extras.

it has 20+ missions, 40 calls you can answer, 100 cars to collect, a big city to drive around and check out

it's a very stripped down city to be sure but i think, honestly, that's what they were going for w/ this game, the point of THIS game was not to do all that, but to focus on what else the game brings

and while you mad they're probably using this game (and rdr) to perfect their ideas for the next gta

>You trying to tell me, you bought an open world R* game and
>didn't expect any side quests beyond just looking for
>landmarks? Or that they couldn't have thrown in some side
>plot/minigame AT ALL for you to play?

they could've put in morebut this is what they put out (and i'm sure there's dlc coming too), and i think it's calculated

and it's dope and original

and really the 40 "side" missions are nice when you consider the 20+ cases (mine came w/ two extra bonus cases for DL also) are a great game in and of themselves

a lot of ppl don't even fuck with all that shit they packed into gta/rdr anyway (not enough to care a lot if the game provided is dope and original)

>Storytelling - great.
>Atmosphere - great.
>Immersiveness - great.
>Huge, huge city with no interactivity so far other than police
>boxes and landmarks? - they could've done better.

see how everything you qualified as "great" is basis stuff (hence you only needing one word for each) about videogames, but you had to make a whole sentence about the thing you're complaining about? that's because it's not something that's essential for a great video game, your just pissy that there's not more shit for you to do when it's done

i could see myself playing these cases over quite a few times

glad i spent the money on it (or the trade ins lol)