Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI don't mind that so much
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=255912&mesg_id=256127
256127, I don't mind that so much
Posted by buckshot defunct, Thu May-19-11 12:17 PM
>I mean, the city is freakin' huge, but you have so little
>control and opportunity to explore the city. Just seems like a
>waste.

First off - I just got a 360 and the last 2 games I played on it were GTA 4 and RDR. So I could use a breather from the sandbox stuff.

Second - in a way, isn't that MORE realistic? I live in LA and despite having a huge city to "explore", I generally don't just wander into storefronts on a whim or attempt interactions with random passers by. I got shit to do and places to be.

And it probably speaks to how much I'm enjoying the missions that I'm more focused on getting to the crime scene than I am finding Union Station or something like that. There's a real sense of urgency to everything. For me at least. I mean, I discovered a landmark yesterday according to a notification that popped up on screen, but I couldn't even be bothered to look at it. Lives were at stake!

That said - if I need a break from the core storyline, or eventually wrap it all up, I'm hoping there is some exploring to be done. Even if it's just driving around searching for landmarks.

>Not to mention the city is no where as interactive as past
>GTA's. I know you are a cop and can't go around just beating
>up or shooting people at random like in GTA, but there is
>literally nothing else for you to do in the city but street
>crimes and the assigned cases.

Okay, but in Super Mario Bros there is literally nothing else to do but eat mushrooms and save princesses. Didn't hurt the gaming experience.

>And honestly, I wish everyone would STFU about the facial
>technology. It's really not that damn impressive. And
>honestly, It's 2011. I EXPECT realistic faces. I'm not gonna
>drool over it.

I'm pretty impressed by it but again, I just got a 360. I'm still kind of impressed that games don't use cartridges anymore. So take it with a grain of salt.