Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectBasically
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=254634&mesg_id=254979
254979, Basically
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Apr-27-11 08:21 AM
I have a 360, was planning on getting a PS3 sometime in the next six months (Twisted Metal.) I was in Best Buy this weekend and came damn close to walking out of the store with a PS3 but I thought I'd wait and see what's going on with the PSN outage first. I don't know if I'm comfortable owning one now, I really hope this gets resolved and no one gets affected by this too bad. I remember how much I freaked out when my Gawker comment account got hacked, and the worst that came form that was my friends on FB got some spam message sent to them that night. I can't imagine how nerve racking it is to know that someone MAY have accessed your CC info last week and you're just now being informed.

I'm not in "Thank Jeezus for my 360" mode because for all I know, XBL could be this vulnerable too. If there's any good that comes from this, it's that MS, Sony and (to the extent they'd even be vulnerable to this) Nintendo step up their online security for the future.