Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectSo 100 sneak kinda breaks the melee combat.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=251297&mesg_id=268090
268090, So 100 sneak kinda breaks the melee combat.
Posted by stravinskian, Tue Jan-17-12 08:42 PM

So I'm on kind of a sneak-rogue character at this point. Spent an hour or two yesterday beating the shit out of the Greybeards with a pickaxe to get my sneak up to 100. In the process, I took the 100 sneak perk, which makes enemies lose you if you crouch during battle.

In close quarters there normally isn't much point to this, as they generally seem to immediately find me again. However, I've also got the Assassin's Blade perk (15x damage with daggers when hidden). Ordinarily the idea of this is to run up to the baddies and off them before they've seen you. But I just realized that with the other perk, you get this monster melee combo. I just do my melee fighting with a dagger. Even if they see me, I just crouch down to disappear for a split second, stab em while they're looking for me, and it normally goes directly to a cutscene where I'm slitting their throat.

Sidenote: when I was beating up on the Greybeards, they weren't quite as invincible as they were reputed to be. I started out using a dagger, because it was the only non-enchanted weapon I had handy (I didn't want to discharge anything and have to waste a soul gem). But because I was hiding to work my sneak, and because I already had Assassin's Blade, I nearly killed the main guy (I forget his name) before I noticed the problem and switched to the pickaxe that I just happened to have on hand. I assume it would have made the main quest impossible if I had killed him.