Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: The only things changed in a streamlined sense, that I've heard are:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=251297&mesg_id=263964
263964, RE: The only things changed in a streamlined sense, that I've heard are:
Posted by bearfield, Mon Oct-24-11 07:11 PM
>-Cuirass and Greaves are now one whole armor piece. Gloves,
>Boots and Helmet are still interchangable.

ah. i misunderstood. good to know that i'll be able to stack enchantments on armor, which is the only reason i would want more armor pieces. theoretically they could just give us one armor piece and a comparable number of slots to put enchanted gems/rocks/whatevers in

>So far the changes have been all for the better without
>destroying the core RPG experience nad in my opinion adding a
>robust amount of tactical options with the sprint and dual
>wielding stuff.

i'm pretty skeptical of the tactial possibilities in this game; it is bethesda, after all. something tells me that at some point in the game i'll be able to kill a powerful enemy by standing on a rock, just out of reach, chipping away at its health with spells or a long-range weapon. also, a lot of running backwards...

that said, dual wielding will add a lot to the game. i'm imagining a magic-using character dual wielding an enchanted shield that will freeze/slow/paralyze enemies on block (left hand) and a series of stacking damage-over-time spells (right hand)

>Now I'd like to see what they do in regards to rings and
>necklaces. I hope they are still in. I wonder how many rings
>or necklaces you can wear and if they'll add bracelets or
>anything of that sort.

again, enchantment stacking is the name of the game here. i'm guessing there will be fewer accessories than oblivion in order to keep it simple