Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectNo more tactical insertions in free-for-all (swipe/link).
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=243638&mesg_id=244565
244565, No more tactical insertions in free-for-all (swipe/link).
Posted by muzuabo, Fri Oct-29-10 09:30 PM
Apparently tactical insertions can or have been omitted from free-for-all matches. If this is true I am a very happy gamer.

http://www.codblackopsblog.com/treyarch-aim-to-thwart-tactical-insertion-boosters/

BLACK OPSFEATUREDMULTIPLAYERNEWS AND INFORMATION
Treyarch Plans To Thwart Black Ops Tactical Insertion Boosters

SEPTEMBER 9, 2010 3:52 PM CLIFF M 103 COMMENTS
Lets face it. A lot of the boosting problems in Modern Warfare 2 could be easily resolved by removing or disabling Tactical Insertion, even if just in certain game modes. Unfortunately, it seems that Infinity Ward don’t want to deal with the elephant in the room, though.

Treyarch, on the other hand, are taking all possible steps to eliminate Tac Insert boosting from the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops – including disabling Tactical Insertion in Free-For-All game modes.

Treyarch’s Design Director, David Vonderhaar, detailed exactly how the team are planning on combating people exploiting the Tactical Insertion, both pre and post launch, in a post on the official forums.

Hello,

We love Tac Insert. It does a few things for the game strategy. A well organized team of Tac Insert user can roll the competition in Demo. It’s grand, really, and how it should be. Counter by organizing your own team of Tac Insert users and roll with Hacker.

It also solves a problem. A lot of you are super convinced you can make a better spawn system than we can. That’s cool. So, here you go. Here is Tac Insert. Pick your own spawn point and stop yelling at me.

Trying to use Tac Insert but are getting Tac Insert spawned camped? Well, you probably deserve that but you can now cancel your own Tac Insert in the Killcam. That’s new to Black Ops.

The main reason I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you? We can disable it. And, I just did for Free-For-All (hardcore and core) variants. It will still work in Private Matches in Free for All, but then you don’t get XP in Private Matches so it can’t be used for boosting.

The game has a reporting system. Report boosters and let’s make examples of them. Once you lay the ban hammer on enough bad people word will get around that we don’t take too kindly to this sort of thing.

David ‘Vahn’ Vonderhaar