Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI'd like to use the face buttons for accel/brake rather than the triggers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=243505&mesg_id=252813
252813, I'd like to use the face buttons for accel/brake rather than the triggers
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Mar-21-11 10:23 AM
>sticks for throttle? it doesn't really work with the layout
>of the 360 controller.

the 360 controller is essentially a Dreamcast pad with a less "fat" form factor and a much better stick; racer games like Sega Rally allowed you to use this kind of layout (even with no triggers).

It seems that the "forced triggers" are an X-BOX thing as the racers I've played on those consoles like DIRT, Rallisport 2, etc. use similar layouts. I'm guessing it's going to take some time for me to get used to the layout. Thus far, it's my only complaint.

Otherwise, I'm mad I slept. I think the Forza series needed a little boost in car selection to really get me interested (I like taking "regular" cars and beefing them up), but thus far, I'm really liking the fact that -every- car in this game is what a "premium" would be. IMO, the car selection (once you add on all the DLC packs that come on the second disk) fades GT5s, minus the "non-premium" cars, but the fact that all of them were rendered to current-gen spec makes up for that.

For example, just go into Ford, and they have a GRIP of cars available. Classics and otherwise. On GT5, I think there's only the Focus, and one or two others, like a Stang as "premiums". Forza has the Mullet-stang from the late '80s-'90s, SVT Focus and the "Asbo Focus".

The rendering may not be "OMG BluRay Power" level, but they are certainly what is expected of "current" gen, and the "Rewind" feature = great. There are a lot of things in this game that really help novice drivers to get used to the system.

For now I'm gonna take the Fiesta through "Free Play" and get used to this. By all looks, this game really seems interesting to me.