Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectyeah...uhmmm......VANQUISH demo up, PSN!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=241406
241406, yeah...uhmmm......VANQUISH demo up, PSN!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sat Sep-04-10 08:06 PM
SUN!

O_O

SUN!

241410, It's a rental.
Posted by jetblack, Sat Sep-04-10 08:47 PM
Only must buys for me this fall Move bundle and Nav controller, Fallout New Vegas, 'The SHOOTERS', GT5 and LBP2.
Everything else is getting rented...
this, that Spiderman game, Fist of the North Star, etc...
241419, I'd cop straight up. Joint is intense.....
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sat Sep-04-10 11:41 PM
That sequence where Sun climbed up on the mecha...den flipped and had to grab the missile and repel that shit...fucked me up(although...they semi-blatantly took a page from the GodofWar book wit that one, ..I ain't mad tho).
241422, ^^^trophy fiend
Posted by Envy, Sun Sep-05-10 04:16 AM
every time I log on, you're playing a completely different game
241413, I don't know what it'd take for me to actually cop this game.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sat Sep-04-10 09:22 PM
The demo wasn't thrilling. It seemed like Gears of (Whatever). Maybe if I had GameFly or something like that, but I'd still probably use that for something else.
241424, how i feel
Posted by xangeluvr, Sun Sep-05-10 08:57 AM
demo was ok. not great but not bad either.
241456, Gears is def thrilling
Posted by lexx3001, Mon Sep-06-10 12:07 AM
this wasn't. not sure how people can hate on Gears, that game blew me away from the getgo
241460, I wasn't shitting on Gears.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Sep-06-10 03:47 AM
I put whatever in parentheses as in, fill in whatever adjective, since this game bites/borrows from Gears. There have been a few games that came after both Gears but haven't captured what's dope about it.
270996, this is an incredibly well-made game. fun, too
Posted by bearfield, Thu Apr-19-12 04:40 PM
the story isn't particularly interesting, nor are the characters ...or the setting or the enemies. it's not that these things are generic. just... uninspired? standard?

but none of that really matters because this game plays like a dream. i can't remember feeling so in control of the avatar despite all the chaos happening on screen since...? nothing comes to mind, really. maybe super meat boy. or bayonetta

i feel like i'm still learning the nuances of the systems but i'm becoming more confident in my abilities (shooter skills are mad rusty) and am progressing from playing it like a GeOW-ish 3rd person shooter (i understand your score is penalized for hanging out behind cover for too long) and more like the devs probably intended: constantly moving, melee-ing, switching weapons, making the most of bullet time, etc. very aggressive

it looks like this game fell through the cracks of HT. it sat on my shelf for about a year. but it's like $10 in your local bargain bin these days
289131, How the fuck did this slip through the cracks?
Posted by select_from_where, Sun Feb-23-14 01:57 AM
I mean I fancy myself a pretty avid 360 owner. I know all about the games in the genre's I like.

I played this shit and I had to put it down after the first level, so I can savor every battle.

WTF, the control scheme is bananas, I feel like there is endless ways to move and contort the player into achieving specific goals.

The story is blah, but fuck all that, I put on some drum and bass and let this shit roll for about an hour. it felt like 15 minutes.

And the boss battles, WHAT THE FUCK fams...

289139, I got this for free off PS+
Posted by jetblack, Mon Feb-24-14 08:18 AM
didn't redownload it after upgrading my HDD. I need a new game to play.
289214, Nahmsayin', .....oddly enough...its STILL in my Amazon wishlist.
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Fri Feb-28-14 03:14 AM
I need ta gwan 'n cop it already.

And LOL at the re-up,...I totally forgot about this post.

302240, YOU ALREADY KNOW
Posted by bearfield, Wed May-10-17 10:37 AM
SON

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460810/Vanquish/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOp4XLA0oPk

LOOK AT ALL THOSE FRAMES AND KS THEY HAVE UNLOCKED. FINALLY THIS GAME WILL GET THE RECOGNITION IT DESERVES. SHOUTOUT ALL THOSE FOLKS WHO PREORDERED THE LAST REMNANT PC PORT WHERE YOU HAVE TO ALTER THE RUSHENGINE.INI FILE TO FIX THE TEXTURE POP-IN ISSUE. OH WAIT IT WAS JUST ME. THANKS TO THAT GUY WE'RE NOW GETTING CLASSIC 7TH GENERATION CONSOLE GAMES FROM FABLED JAPANESE DEVELOPERS ON A PLATFORM THAT CAN ACTUALLY HANDLE THE RESOLUTION AND FRAME RATES THEY WERE MEANT TO BE PLAYED IN
302334, BRUH! Im geeked!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sat Jun-03-17 08:48 PM
This is right on time
'cus I'm finna cop a new laptop in
the coming weeks.

Finna dumb-out on this shit
somethin serious!