Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: Made it to B
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=239542&mesg_id=245604
245604, RE: Made it to B
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Nov-18-10 10:50 PM
- I've lost 1500 BPs since I hit B level. Oh well..I have had some hellified good battles with some dope players though. I never catch that A level Gouken who owned me something fierce a month or so ago.

- A lotta lower level folks freak out when they see the B AND Gouken and immediately resort to shenanigans outta the gate. If I shoot them, I'm brainless, but if they shoot me...

- A gangsta ass Gen is a monster to play against. I love it though.

- A fraud/lazy ass Honda is a monster to beat too. I don't love it.

- I love it when I dash out of, punish, and/or goose/gander a thrower. After they fail at setting up a throwathon for the 4th or 5th time, I can almost see 'what do I do now?' flash across the screen. Another note: If I take three or throws via shenanigans, I lift my self-imposed ban against doing a Gouken overhead throw into cheap damage. Its like my Ted DiBiase brass knuckles for throwing ass bitches. And yes, I know the diff. between 'intelligent' throws and 'I'm a thrower, and I'm throwin' just to throw' folks.

- Damn the Dolphins are getting owned on Thursday night..good thing I finally knew to sat hoe ass Brandon Marshall. Steve Johnson to the top! Oh...

- I wish I could quit immediately any time I get a Blanka. And I see a lot now. I wanna turn my mic on and berate after the third sliding punch attempt.

- A cheesy damage Dhalsim is a chore to deal with..I like the mindgames that can be played..not so big on the shenanigans. Gouken Blocking those long arms = bliss. It ruins so many cheap damage plans.

- FUCK. M. BISON. FUCK HIM.

- Balrog..eh..whatever..I'm getting better at dealing with the normal Balrog stuff.

- If Cammy didn't have such low HP, I'd consider her broken. Kraft madness. Throwathon absurdity. Cannon Spike is almost Ken SRK. When in doubt, folks throw them out like trash.

- I asked for Chun-Lis..I'd like to unask for them now. Slow fireball, walk up, throw attempt. Smash low kick. Slow fireball, walk up, low kick. Smash low kick. Throw attempt. Jump throw. Slow fireball, walk up, overhead scissor kick. Smash low kick.

- I see sooo many Sakuras now. I hate playing her. That one combo that EVERY high-level Sakura player bases their entire offense on (low fierce into EX spinkick into whatever they want because you are somehow still available to be damaged even more) chaps my hide something fierce. Folks do that combo, cross you up to lag abuse into the SAME DAMN COMBO. Of course, you're now stunned...guess what's coming? The SAME DAMN COMBO..AGAIN.

- Some cat named infamouspanda has brought a Ryu into my life that I can generally respect..good combos, no throw shenanigans (he'll throw from time to time but it never feels too cheap), great mindgames..makes me step my game up a little.

Overall, I have a grip on Gouken at a high C level. I have a decent feel of frames vs a lot of characters (Gouken sliding fist is punishable after block with a Tiger Uppercut..boo), I'm not whiffing too too much on basic stuff. Still, my combo/punish game needs a step-up. I can mindgame into punishing situations but I know that I don't maximim those opportunites at all. And that's crazy important when you're playing against GOOD people who don't mind basing a whole offense around throw spamming, tickish throwing and other cheapish damage when the funk is near the fan.

Jimaveli

>Took out a B Ryu to get it. And it was some old down to the
>wire stuff..
>
>We both had less than 25% in the third round. Mindgames were
>rampant. Good match overall. At the same time, I threw a Super
>(Gouken Forbidden SRK) and he threw a U2 (Ryu - Wannabe SRK).
>They cancelled each other out. Mindgame, mindgame, Ryu sweep
>attempt countered by U1 (Gouken Real SRK) for the win.
>
>Still seeing too many Blankas, Balrogs, and Bisons. I got
>owned by a few heavy throwing and crossing Makoto's too. Where
>are the Chuns? I play like one a month (and lose).
>
>Jimaveli
>
>>@ 350 replies, I think it's time to start anew.
>>
>>are y'all still playing?
>>I've been "lurking"; my time's been snatched by various
>forces
>>out there, but I'll be around toward week's end.
>>
>>Look for me on PSN and 360 (see: Gamertag post).
>>
>>while I don't generally pay attention to tiers/character
>>ranking, I had to see what was with these claims that my
>>chosen main, Dan, is no longer the worst of the bunch... and
>I
>>was shocked to see who was at the top:
>>
>>JB's gal (Chun), Spank (Honda), N!!! (Dictator), and GUILE.
>>
>>Guile?! GUILE?!
>>
>>the same Guile that was GUILED in the previous installment?
>>
>>were the nerfs to Sagat, Zangief, Ryu, et al were that
>severe?
>>Cammy was buffed so much that she leap frogged all the way
>in
>>that group?
>>
>>well, at least it wasn't Fat Boy, or Pinwheel Puff. the
>>ticky-tack games best popularized by Yun/Yang in original
>>SFIII were (and still) are annoying as shit.
>>
>>the cool thing is that the current ranking really hasn't
>>affected the character selections of the hangers on. I still
>>see cats sticking with the FFDP (Spanish Claw Man), Fuerte,
>>Gen, Viper, and the like in the tournaments. I think an
>>upswing in Abel players might be coming... because that
>Ultra
>>II is some BOOOOOOOOLSHEEEET.
>>
>>Controller check:
>>
>>what are you players using?
>>has the rise of players like Zangief (and good ol'
>>cost-prohibition) inspired you all to stay with what's
>>comfortable and familiar?
>>
>>or are you (like me) falling to the peer pressure and moving
>>out of the comfort zone?
>>
>>if so, what's yours of choice? are you on a SE, TE, custom?
>>old school via a converter?
>>
>>sort of related, I've been fooling with the official
>Dreamcast
>>arcade stick. Got a Namco stick (PS1/PS2) on deck and a Real
>>Arcade Pro (v1, for PS1/2) on the way. After all this SFIV
>on
>>sticks, I'm trying to see if I can play the older games (3S,
>>SFA, ST) on other consoles with one.
>